Stamps commits......

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
according to TI....hey Tide, got any academic info on him?

------------------
Comes the Tide, bringing with it untapped,
unfathomed depths of energy.....
awesome mighty and relentless it comes.....this is the Tide

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
The article on TI says that he is fine with his core. Stamps just needs a couple of points on the ACT which he expects to get by next fall.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
I was wondering why I hadn't heard much about Stamps before this month.

Brantley (Ala.) standout athlete Marcel Stamps burst onto the recruiting scene a couple weeks ago after his senior highlight tape began to circulate among such Division I programs as Alabama, Auburn and Mississippi State.

At 6-foot-2, and a chiseled 195-pounds, Stamps, who has a 38-inch vertical and 4.5 speed, is one of the fastest rising prospects in the state and few scouts question his athleticism.

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=255970

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
He will be a grey shirt if need be...I have no news on qualifications but he leads me to believe he is qualified or will be.

------------------
Things are looking up at the Capstone!

Whammer Jammer

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Whammer Jammer:
He will be a grey shirt if need be...I have no news on qualifications but he leads me to believe he is qualified or will be based on his comments on rivals.

</font>

------------------
Things are looking up at the Capstone!

Whammer Jammer

CraigMack

1st Team
Jul 13, 2000
Chelsea, AL
This kid can really play ball. It may be best for him to gray-shirt and have another year to develop and adjust to the speed of the game (he played at a small school) but as far as his athleticism goes there is no doubt in my mind that he could play next year...at least in spots.

He is a very physical player who I feel may end up at strong safety or OLB (depending on the defensive scheme) due to his frame and tough-playing style.

If he ends up at wideout then he could be a very valuable tool. He has pretty good hands and may end up being a faster Dre Fulgham.

This kid has the potential to be a real sleeper recruit for Bama.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.