Chester Adams commits ot Georgia (link)

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
As you may remember I had posted earlier that we would get no help from his HC with this kid. In fact, Dubose's association with Callaway (one of the only coaches not to hang Dubose out to dry) was the UGA recruiter assigned to Adams. The cards were stacked!

------------------
Things are looking up at the Capstone!

Whammer Jammer

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
I can understand why Chester went to UGA if Bama was asking him to grey shirt. I sure hate to see it though. Here is an article about Adams from the DawgPost.

How tough was it to turn down his childhood favorite, the Crimson Tide?

"It was real tough. I had to break the news, but I couldn't do it. I got my coach to do it. That's how hard it actually was."

What did Coach Calloway mean to Chester during the process?

"Oh, he's just one of the great guys. He reminds so much of Coach Dubose and Coach Norman at my high school. A lot of people say that just because Coach Dubose knew Coach Calloway that it's why Georgia got my attention. Coach Dubose told my momma, and she'll swear by it, that he would never influence my decision in any way. He told me that when it all boils down to it, he's not going to be the one up there sweating and bleeding."

Will Adams still visit Alabama and Auburn?

"No I told coach to cancel them today. Coach Dubose talked about guys who decommit and stuff like that, and he told me not do that. Our word is our bond, and I'm not going to go back on my word."

http://georgia.theinsiders.com/2/223984.html

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/sports/1074161805115040.xml

[This message has been edited by Crimson Surfer (edited 01-15-2004).]

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RTRMAN:
Chester must not care if he plays early...the entire OL will be back next season and the next and some the next.</font>
I feel we really may have lost this guy bc of the 19 limit. I read an interview on this kid and he seemed to feel UA really were not recruiting him very much. Most likely due to the limit.
drjamesm

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.