The TIDE a ? for u

tideomega

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2002
Birmingham Al.
Big tide fan forever: I was curious about the samething, I guess it is obvious that a BB scholorship is not as equal as a FB scholarship. Maybe one of our guru's can explain this and I was curious if JPW was going to be trying out for the QB position this coming year because, we have :
1) Brodie Croyle
2) Spencer Pennington
3) Marc Gullion ( transfer from the Miami 'Canes Red-Shirt FR ran scout team last year )
4) Michael Machen the 6'6" 230 lb. 23 yr.old that played in the M L Baseball farm league.

T C.......

OTPUDGE

Jan 7, 2004
Northport, Al
Most UA (and others)baseball scholarships are .25 that is they pay apx 1/4 of tuition.At UA that would be apx 750 bucks per year. Hope this helps. OT

AIRBAMA

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 7, 2003
Birmingham, Al. USA
I may be wrong, but if you send a prospect a recruiting letter in his junior year for football, then if he signs any scholly with the school and plays football it will count. I believe the Bear specialized in that before the regs were changed. I don't believe a baseball or basketball scholly counts less than football.

Would like to read the correct response.

Alanbama27

All-American
Sep 24, 2003
Hoover, Alabama, USA
AirBama - Actually baseball does not give FULL RIDES to the players. Most players as The Tide pointed out are given 1/4 scholarships. They can give more, but it is generally not done. Sometimes in baseball they will actually only give tuition and not books or books, but not tuition and so on. However, the point is that it doesn't matter because if you play two sports your scholarship will count against Football anyway and since it is generally a full ride or nothing for football, you might as well give them a ride or don't make an offer at all.

------------------
The ride to our future is with Coach Shula so "get on board"!
--Me

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.