Need some D-line help

Tidetill I die

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 16, 2002
cullman,al
Does anybody know of any more D-line help we're for sure gonna have next year? I know of the Tatum kid but havent heard of any more. What about redshirt DL from last year that might see action

Fever, if Bama signs Jimmy Williams and Jeremy Clark (and I'm guessing both sign with Bama) then, IMO, CDF has pretty much addressed one of the most glaring concerns of this recruiting class, DTs. Williams would see a good bit of playing time next season and the other true freshmen DTs redshirt. The following season, Williams and Anthony Bryant are probably the starting DTs with Tatum and Clark the backups that see a good bit of playing time. Works for me.

CrimsonFever

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 20, 2001
Montgomery, Al
TiderinVA: I agree 100%. But I do wish we could sign another DL as well. This year, we were extremely fortunate with our DTs. None had serious injuries. Bryant and Daniel provided adequate backup for King and Johnson. DE was a different story; Odom was lost for the year. With King forced to play DT, we were short on depth and had to start a true freshman in Bates. His size, along with the relatively small stature of Monroe and Loescher (along with poor play of the defensive backfield) meant we had no significant pass rush for much of the year and probably lost 2 or 3 close games that we could have (perhaps should have) won.

To get to the point: with 4 players, you are 1 injury away from having inadequate backup such as was the case at DE the past season. The only other actual DT with any experience to speak of is Derrick (sp) Sanders. He's played a few snaps over the past 2 years. I appreciate your comments and enjoy sharing views with level-headed folks such as you.

Attachments

Tidetill I die

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 16, 2002
cullman,al
Thanks for the info guys I'm new to this sight and loving it. Nothing like carrying on an intelligent conversation about my favorite topic. Roll Tide!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.