Going After the Big Fish

numbersman

1st Team
Jun 28, 2001
Montgomery, Al U.S.A.
Well Bama has a strikeout with Walker, but really and truly this kid is such a scholar, you have to expect him to base his decision more on academics. Bama is a great school, but there are better schools for academics, though us Bama folks don't want to admit it.

Now we can hope for Manson or Giles. If we don't get another good back I think our class will not be as good.

I know we are still hoping for Hall, Brown, Washington, and even Miller and Kendrick, but the big fish are just hard to land. They have been swimming in a different pond and fisherman with a knack for reeling them in are all around. And you can never tell if some rival booster is trying to use illegal bait, while Bama is not stupid enough to do that right now.

So Bama has already done a great job. Any more big catches will be good indeed. Just reeling all of the catches in will also be great.

RTR

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by numbersman:
Well Bama has a strikeout with Walker, but really and truly this kid is such a scholar, you have to expect him to base his decision more on academics. Bama is a great school, but there are better schools for academics, though us Bama folks don't want to admit it.

Now we can hope for Manson or Giles. If we don't get another good back I think our class will not be as good.

I know we are still hoping for Hall, Brown, Washington, and even Miller and Kendrick, but the big fish are just hard to land. They have been swimming in a different pond and fisherman with a knack for reeling them in are all around. And you can never tell if some rival booster is trying to use illegal bait, while Bama is not stupid enough to do that right now.

So Bama has already done a great job. Any more big catches will be good indeed. Just reeling all of the catches in will also be great.

RTR
</font>
You are right.....it is hard to land the big fish esp. with the used car sales men types and cheating types out there. I am just glad our staff is working hard selling UA. I really do not think we have much of a shot at Miller, but at least he is taking a real visit on the weekend. I did not think we had much of a chance with Walker with him having a mid week visit. I have had bad feelings about MM for a long time and think we should push Giles as hard as possible.I really think if we can close the deal on Washington,Hall,Giles and maybe Brown we will have a great class anyway.I really think getting any 3 of those last 4 would be great. Things are looking up with many of our 24 commits with several moving toward getting qualified. I think 3 more is the max we have room for anyway.
drjamesm

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.