NASCAR Question

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
The current line-up of announcers to include DW, Jeff Hammond and Larry McReynolds is pretty good, IMO. They definitely have the techical side covered (two former top notch crew chiefs). But, what's happened to Benny Parsons, Ned Jarrett and Buddy Baker? They were entertaining in their own right, Baker less so. I guess with NBC getting locked out of football, and ESPN losing NASCAR, these guys were left out. I enjoyed Dr. Jerry Punch and Bob Jenkins was the "voice" for so long, he's missed. It was good to see Jenkins at the Indy 500.

bilbo@work

All-SEC
Dec 9, 1999
atlanta, ga
FOX has 2 more races left- Pocono next week then Sears Point (roadcourse outside SF, CA) and then a week off before NBC/TNT (originally was TBS but Aol/Time Warner inexplicibly changed it to TNT) takes over the schedule. They have Alan Bestwick (nerdy but very good) and Benny Parsons doing the race coverage. Rumor is they have asked Buddy Baker to be the 3rd but he still has a contract with TNN (like Eli Gold) and can't get out. Wally Dalenbach is rumored to be the 3rd person (but he has offers from IRL and NASCAR) Ned Jarrett is happily retired (saw him in DJ's pit stall on Sunday) As for Dr. Jerry Punch and Bob Jenkins, to me ESPN got the SHAFT with the new TV deal. BUT, you gotta spend the $ to broadcast NASCAR and even though ESPN got NASCAR to where it is today, the sanctioning body is all about the $ now, not loyalty (which is sad)and ESPN couldn't match the big boys.Anyhow, they are doing open wheeled racing, rpm tonight, and the Craftsman Truck series now.

------------------
"I like the situation we're going to be coming into next year. Everybody is going to be sitting back and looking right past Alabama. We're going to sneak right up and smack 'em in the mouth."

MISSIN'BAMA

1st Team
Mar 31, 2000
Woodbridge, VA via Jasper, AL.
I just saw that Mike Hogwood (sp?) and Liz Allison, the widow of the late Davey Allison, just signed on with TNT to cover the races. I think that Mike is doing the Busch races and Liz is doing the reporting from the pits.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.