Question: Josh Crawford RB at Edgewood Academy

butchp

3rd Team
Oct 14, 2005
I met his father yesterday at a softball game and he said that Alabama and several other big schools are recruiting him. I had not heard of him. Does anybody know how hard if any we are recruiting him. There is not much about him on recruitung sites. This is a private school so I know they don't get as much attention as public schools athletes.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I have not heard of him and he may very well have an offer, but when talking with a players dad you have to think they may stretch the truth a bit to brag on their son.

Edit: I googled him and he does have a profile on Maxpreps. He has good size at 5'10" and 210 lbs. They rank him the #84 player in Alabama and over 2000 nationally. Most likely he received a form letter from us but I think it is unlikely he has an offer at this time.

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Josh used to attend Charles Henderson in Troy. Great kid, smart and a good football player. He transferred from CHHS when he determined he would not be the starting QB when he was a sophomore. He played QB in middle school and JV. Our current QB transferred in from the private school as a freshman--he and Josh are the same age, currently juniors--and Austin beat him out at QB. We had a great RB in Courtney Downing that year who was a junior so Josh didn't get much playing time. He has basically be the STAR player at Edgewood. If he had been patient, he could have also been a star player at CHHS.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
You have to be pretty special to be a RB out of the AISA and get an offer. Kind of like a O.J. Howard type player (one you say wow when you see him play). Not saying this kid isn't good, but he'd have to be near unstoppable to even get a look.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Thing about Josh, though, is he could really play any position on the field. He is that smart and that athletic. He just wasn't good enough to be our QB and didn't want to wait his turn at RB at CHHS.

As far as being an OJ Howard type--he doesn't rise to THAT standard! :)

bfg3rd

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 13, 2005
He's a very good AISA player. Not knocking the kid at all, but he isn't an SEC caliber player.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Charles Henderson to Edgewood. A little HS recruiting?
Sure, Edgewood recruited him so he wouldn't end up at a Montgomery public school. I was surprised he didn't go to Carver. But he didn't leave CHHS because he was recruited to Edgewood. Crawford didn't want to "wait his turn" at RB or WR and he didn't get the starting QB job. He is a super nice kid, though. Has great, supportive parents, too.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.