Some Recruiting Trends thus far:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
With about half the classes filled I noticed this, which is by no means all there is to see …..

Willie Taggert looks to be O.K. with FSU at #11

It appears Dan Mullen can recruit just as good at Florida as he could at Miss St. :eek: Not a good trend for the Gators at #27
The defending National Champion UCF Golden Awesome Knights have the #71 class. :conf2:

From the 'we won't win much but we saved a ton of money at Geico' Arizona/Sumlin #68 and Arizona St/Herm Edwards #73.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
With about half the classes filled I noticed this, which is by no means all there is to see …..

Charlie Strong looks to be O.K. with FSU at #11

It appears Dan Mullen can recruit just as good at Florida as he could at Miss St. :eek: Not a good trend for the Gators at #27
The defending National Champion UCF Golden Awesome Knights have the #71 class. :conf2:

From the 'we won't win much but we saved a ton of money at Geico' Arizona/Sumlin #68 and Arizona St/Herm Edwards #73.

Isn't Taggart at FSU?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Willie Taggert looks to be O.K. with FSU at #11

I think UF/Mullen will finish with a top 10 class when it is all said and done.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I think UF/Mullen will finish with a top 10 class when it is all said and done.
I had to scroll back up to see if Bazza posted this being optimistic [emoji846].

I don’t follow Florida recruiting but seems to me that they should finish pretty well because of the state they are in. I guess with coach Saban cherry picking and other good recruiting coaches coming in it is tough nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Think a lot has to break their way for them to finish top 10. Big uphill climb.
They only have 9 commits at this point and I'm sure Mullen will sign 25+. I am confident they will finish top 10. Too much talent in FLA and he is bringing a new energy to the program. Y'all are currently 22nd with 9 commits and I expect the Barn to have a top 10 class also.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
They only have 9 commits at this point and I'm sure Mullen will sign 25+. I am confident they will finish top 10. Too much talent in FLA and he is bringing a new energy to the program. Y'all are currently 22nd with 9 commits and I expect the Barn to have a top 10 class also.
Top 5 is pretty attainable right now, we think. Gus has done a good job keeping Kirby from locking down Georgia.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Top 5 is pretty attainable right now, we think. Gus has done a good job keeping Kirby from locking down Georgia.
Not too sure about that as Kirby has only nine commitments at this point, three 5-stars and six 4-stars. If he continues at that pace the #1 spot in the ratings is attainable. Guess I'm a bit of an alarmist, but it doesn't appear to me that Gus, Nick, or anyone else has slowed Kirby much.... although I guess we'll see how it all plays out come February 6th when the last of the big dogs signs.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Not too sure about that as Kirby has only nine commitments at this point, three 5-stars and six 4-stars. If he continues at that pace the #1 spot in the ratings is attainable. Guess I'm a bit of an alarmist, but it doesn't appear to me that Gus, Nick, or anyone else has slowed Kirby much.... although I guess we'll see how it all plays out come February 6th when the last of the big dogs signs.
Pappoe was a huge coup. We’re working hard to flip Trezman Marshall and Jadon Haselwood too. They’re visiting Auburn a lot.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
It looks like Matt Luke is doing a good job at Ole Miss considering all they have gone through. I'm sure they'll drop in the rankings later but he might pull off one of those blue chip DT in that state.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
It looks like Matt Luke is doing a good job at Ole Miss considering all they have gone through. I'm sure they'll drop in the rankings later but he might pull off one of those blue chip DT in that state.
We just stole Jamond Gordon from them today. 3* DE, but a tank we have projected at DT. We’re not done in the ‘sip either. Jaren Handy, Derick Hall and Charles Moore are all still in play.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
We just stole Jamond Gordon from them today. 3* DE, but a tank we have projected at DT. We’re not done in the ‘sip either. Jaren Handy, Derick Hall and Charles Moore are all still in play.
The D line talent in that state is really good this year.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I agree with you. Kirby could still take the top spot, or at least finish in the top three.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.