Gottfried on hot seat?

MOBILE-BAMA

All-SEC
Jul 30, 2002
Billings, MT USA
I think he has done a pretty good job with our young team this year and has created a great schedule, but when will he win on the road? I think if he continues to struggle on the road, he may be on the "hot seat." Anyone agree, disagree, or not sure?

yuro002

Jan 1, 2004
tuscaloosa, al
It's true he can't win on the road, and his team last year didn't play up to expectations, but look at what he has already done this year. Noone expected the type of game bama is throwing down from such an untested team. Give us two years of not making the tournament, and then ole Mark will be on the hotseat.

Tideboys

1st Team
Nov 21, 2002
MARION ALABAMA 36756
iam gonna have to disgaree with yall u have to look at what gottfried has done to bring us back and u have to rember who recked the progam the frist place so iam gonna say he is not on the hot seat

Diamond Tide

Baseball Moderator
Staff member
Jun 23, 2000
Tuscaloosa , AL USA
diamondtide.tidefans.com
I don't think Marks on any kind of hot seat. What has happened in my opinion is about timing more than anything. To be road strong you have to have veteran's. And I'm not talking about just two. As long as we keep losing two are three of the players before they become seniors, we are going to experience the same thing. We are not the only ones. There's plenty of teams to go around. The one's we've lost is a compliment to Mark for getting them here in the first place. Basketball is a tough sport for coaches these days. That's a fact. They do not have the luxury of signing 15 like they use to. I know a lot of you have heard Wimp & Sonny talk about this subject a lot of times. They are telling the truth.

RTR,

Diamond Tide

------------------
"You're the best.........baby."-Coach Jim Wells talking to senior catcher Jeremy Brown.

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
Bama fans need to learn how to be basketball fans. It is tough for Duke, UNC, Kentucky, or any school to win on the road. Sometimes I think we look at basketball through "football colored" glasses.

This team is young and was picked to be near the bottom of the SEC.

We have a great class for next year and Richard Hendrix is headed to BAMA at this time.

------------------
Things are looking up at the Capstone!

Whammer Jammer

I'm amazed at the reaction of some folks. This is a MASSIVE rebuilding year in Alabama basketball and while the team has shown signs of brilliance, it's still a very inexperienced team. Frankly, if the team has a winning record at the end of the year and makes to the NIT, I'll be very pleased. If they make it to the NCAA Tourney, that'd be fantastic, given the circumstances. To say or even imply that Gottfried is on the hot seat because of one game is ludicrous.

MOBILE-BAMA

All-SEC
Jul 30, 2002
Billings, MT USA
It's not just one game TiderinVA. Anyone know his record on the road while he's been at Bama? Teams like Duke, Kentucky and N. Carolina WIN on the road. I agree he's done a decent job, but sometimes decent just isn't enough. I wonder who is advising these kids to leave for the NBA?

MVJ1979

Nov 16, 2003
Mobile, Alabama
His teams have won an SEC championship, received the first #1 ranking in school history, and played in the NIT once and the NCAA tourney twice in the last three postseasons. He is not and should not be on the hot seat. Despite the loss yesterday, what he has done with this year's team is impressive.

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama
What he has done is very impressive. However- something just happens to his teams when they go on the road. I don't know the exact record- but I know that it is pretty bad. We've won on neutral courts with some regularity but when we are the visitors- it's usually bad news.

DanthManUA

3rd Team
Sep 4, 2001
Florence,AL,USA
What can a coach do to win more on the road? I know we had a long home winning streak at one time, but were lacking in road games. What's causing our team to lose on the road so much?

TruCrimson

All-SEC
Aug 26, 2002
Selma, AL
CMG is far from being on the hot seat. What he has done in the past & what he has done with this team is very impressive. At the begining of this year who would have thought we would be 8-3 before SEC play?

------------------
"I think that our team is made up of some great guys with some courage and some character. That’s one thing we have. That’s one thing we try to recruit." Coach Gottfried

!!!ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

PsychoJoe

Suspended
Jul 5, 2002
Pelham, Alabama
Before the season I thought we'd have at least five losses at this point. We are very young inside and very thin on the perimeter. Considering how tough the SEC is this year (and every year for that matter) it will be quite an achievement for us to go 8-8 in SEC play. If we do that and finish 16-13 we could well get invited to the dance.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.