This is the only website...

NOSty

Suspended
Nov 23, 2002
Houston, Texas
that I have issues with pop-ups.

I use Spybot pop-up blocker and this website only won't fully load anytime I block a pop up...I have to refresh and refresh and refresh quickly enough to get around the pop-ups...

The "avenue, a" and "doubleclick!" are th pop-ups spybot is blocking. Forget about Google even blocking these...LOL!

Please move this to non-sports...DOH!

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I...

use FireFox also, and the popup stopper is good, but I use it for superior security and and performance. It makes IE from MS look like a Model T...

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
SirCrimson said:
Nosty,
Go to www.mozilla.org and download Firefox and use it instead of IE and your problem will be solved.
This is the best upgrade I have made to date. It's easy to do. Even women and children can make the switch. Takes about a minute.

Tubama

3rd Team
Dec 26, 2000
Huntsville, AL
What about Favorites?

bayoutider said:
This is the best upgrade I have made to date. It's easy to do. Even women and children can make the switch. Takes about a minute.
Does the install of Firefox/mozilla save the Favorites (bookmarks) from IE for use with Firefox?

Tubama

roll2tide

Suspended
Aug 7, 2000
Norman, OK
i also use Spybot S&D and have no issues with site. its not the pop-ups that are causing you issues, its the activeX adware that those ads are trying to install. when the adware can't run, sometimes the page doesnt load. i also use Norton personal firewall to block both pop-ups and ad/spyware and since installing have not had the page load issue.

out of curiosity, why does everyone hate IE? i currently have IE 6 with XP (but not SP2 as it can cause serious issues), but ive never had a problem with any version of IE.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well...

FireFox is far more secure than IE and faster to boot. In addition, I love its "tab" feature. I have six "home pages," which all load simultaneously, when I open Firefox, in tabs across the top of the page. Then, when I want to switch from one to the other, I just click the tab and click refresh. No more opening, closing, expanding windows, etc...

Streyeder

Suspended
Jul 27, 2001
The Cow College
www.myfreakingopinion.com
TIDE-HSV said:
FireFox is far more secure than IE and faster to boot. In addition, I love its "tab" feature. I have six "home pages," which all load simultaneously, when I open Firefox, in tabs across the top of the page. Then, when I want to switch from one to the other, I just click the tab and click refresh. No more opening, closing, expanding windows, etc...

Don't forget: EXTENSIONS!!! :biggrin:

dave12

All-SEC
Dec 14, 2002
hueytown, al. usa
I use IE 6, and have not had any problems. I use pop up stopper as well and have had no problem with loading this site. I've heard that Mozilla was good, but havn't tried it.

RTR :biga:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.