John Parker Wilson update

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
He has been offered and was called personally by HCMS. Expected to verbal soon.

Source Bamaonline.com

[This message has been edited by Whammer Jammer (edited 10-03-2003).]

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Man, that;s good news. I was just reading about him last night in my BAMA mag. I was gonna post about him today to see if any of y'all had seen him play. I just wonder if his Dad might try to steer him to a baseball career since he's a former pro baseball player himself.

If he's a good enough QB, he'll be in the big bucks faster in football than in baseball. Plus, baseball is much more uncertain, i.e. all gthe former baseball players who couldn't make it and decided to come back to football.

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
TM, There is another kid on that Hoover team that looks like the LB of old. Curtis Dawson would be a nice addition.

Ht: 6-1 Wt: 255 40: 4.75

Get his tone right and speed up to 4.5 or 4.6 and he could awsome.

BAMAMAN

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 1999
Tuscaloosa, Al. USA
Woody McCorvey and Randy Sanders was spotted at a Hoover game a couple of weeks ago. Apparently they're telling Wilson that he can come in and play right away.

BamaNTN

1st Team
Feb 5, 2002
Birmingham via Winchester, TN
Don't forget Hoover's DE Jeramie Holifield. He might have some eligibility concerns. I'd say Dawson and Holifield were the two that McCorvey and Sanders were really drooling over. Don't get me wrong, JP is no slouch.

bocephus7

REGISTRATION ON HOLD - CHECK EMAIL
Nov 2, 2000
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TommyMac:
Man, that;s good news. I was just reading about him last night in my BAMA mag. I was gonna post about him today to see if any of y'all had seen him play. I just wonder if his Dad might try to steer him to a baseball career since he's a former pro baseball player himself.
</font>
TommyMac,
I think I can answer that for you. The answer is no.

His Dad will not steer him anywhere, but will stand behind his decision 100% whatever that decision may be.

I grew up with his mom and dad, Parker and Susan. They are two of my oldest and dearest friends. Parker, Susan and I went to school together. Parker and I also went to church together and lived a few blocks apart. His father was my youth basketball coach until I was old enough to play Jr High ball. His mother was my Sunday School teacher. I wore Parker's number in basketball after he graduated and our younger brothers were teammates in football and basketball and graduated together.

John Parker's mom, Susan, was a Bama cheerleader. There is a picture of her, Coach Bryant, Joe Namath and Bob Hope in the Bryant museum. She is the only person ever to be elected head cheerleader for two years. His aunt was also a Bama cheerleader and is married to his Dad's younger brother, Thomas, who also played pro baseball ans was a longtime scout for the Reds. He comes from a family of the finest athletes and people I have ever known and had the privilege to play with. ALL of his grandparents live in Tuscaloosa.

If Bama has indeed offered, John Parker Wilson will be in Crimson and he'll make every Bama fan proud. I promise you that!

[This message has been edited by bocephus7 (edited 10-05-2003).]

bocephus7

REGISTRATION ON HOLD - CHECK EMAIL
Nov 2, 2000
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Oh yeah, one other item that may interest you. John Parker is an honor student and has been in the Duke University tracking program since elementary school. He could attend Duke on a full academic scholly if he so desired.

In other words, he ain't no dummy.

I happened to meet Thomas at the Hoover/County game a couple weeks ago(He works with my good friend's dad). He said the only other offers John had gotten were Clemson and Georgia Tech. Other schools, including Ole Miss, had talked with him, but none had extended the offer at that point. I'm sure that's probably changed or will change very soon. The kid was unreal in the Tuscaloosa County game.

Oh yeah, Curtis Dawson is for real as well. I was watching him warm up in that game. He's built like a monster, can hit, and can catch as well due to playing tight end.

crimsonoldtimer

3rd Team
Jan 21, 2003
Mobile, Al.
I sure hope we get this young man. I was just reading his stats for this past week. He completed 35 of 57 passes for 419 yards and 4 TD's. That was quite impressive. Looks like he could be a real good QB.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.