Recruiting Update 11/24

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
Commitments
Titus Ryan WR/RB 6-1 190 4.4 (JC) – He played his first year at the RB position and this year will move to WR. He will have 3 years to play 2. There are some concerns he will not be able to complete his courses for the 2004 season. If so he may redshirt so that he will have a full 2 years at Alabama.

Nikita Stover WR/CB 6-1 190 4.45 - Top player in AL, #13 in Elite 88 of South, #7 in Wide Receivers, and #37 in top 100. Bench – 260, Squat – 350, Vertical Leap – 40 inches. State 5A high jump champion at 6-6 and personal best of 6-8. He will play WR. Top WR Bama has landed in a while.

Aaron Johns WR/RB 5-10 180 4.5 – Bench – 275 and Squat – 450. Look for him to float between an “A” style back and slot receiver.

Trent Davidson TE 6-4 242 4.8 – Fully Qualified. #12 player in AL, #9 in Tight Ends. Bench – 270, Squat – 500, and Vertical Leap – 29 inches. Chose Bama over FSU, Florida, Auburn, etc. Could grow into OL.

Nick Walker TE 6-4 230 4.85 – #21 player in AL. Good receiving TE. Could play at FB depending on depth. Needs to retake ACT.

Aaron McDaniel WR/CB 6-1 170 4.55 - #25 player in AL. Could help swing team member Safety Marcus Carter from Auburn commitment to Bama. Depending on the number of WRs signed could play CB.

Will Oakley WR/CB 6-1 190 4.45 - #102 WR Will most likely play WR.

Ezekial Knight WR/OLB 6-3 210 – Will probably end up at LB at Alabama.

Justin Britt DL/OL 6-5 255 4.8 - #26 DT, wants to play OL. Will be up to staff and needs.

Travis Robinson CB 5-10 180 4.3 - #57 CB, Speed, Speed, and more speed. Shula wants to increase team speed and this class proves it. Will play CB at the capstone. Benches 300, squats 455, and cleans 285.

BJ Stabler OL 6-5 291 5.38 - #22 OL. Wil end up at tackle. Good replacement for Britt in a year.

Projection Slots (19)
QB – Update, no signings. With the improvement of Guillon and Wilson wanting to play Baseball, which Shula has said no to, Bama will not sign a QB this year and add 2-3 next year when we can sign 25 recruits. Good news: This frees up for another RB or DT or OL.

RB/FB – (2) Markus Manson, Aaron Johns, Dennis Void
· Manson sweepstakes is just about over and Bama is losing. I find it surprising that Bama can’t land a big time runner. If/when Void receives a passing ACT he will get an offer. Giles and Walker are just about out of the picture. If we only sign Johns, who needs work in the classroom, look for Bama to add a FB, which would free up Castille to move to RB.
· Surprise – Dennis Void of Bronx, NY has the Tide listed at the top of his list. In fact some say he is close to a commitment. He is 6-0 212 and runs a 4.39.

TE – (2) Trent Davidson, Nick Walker, Travis McCall
· Most say that Davidson will grow into the OL. That might explain why we have two TE’s committed right now with only 19 scholarships to give.
· What may surprise many is Bama may sign another in Travis McCall. We lose Clarke next year and then Cavan the next. It looks like a battle between Auburn and Bama for his signature.
· I could see Bama signing all TE’s with Davidson growing into a guard and the others playing TE. The option for one of them playing DE or FB is there as well.
· Walker may indeed play FB, if we don’t get Void or Manson and don’t sign a FB AND McCall signs with us. Currently Bama leads for McCall.

WR – (3) Nikita Stover, Gregg Carr, DJ Hall, Titus Ryan, Will Oakley
· I haven’t seen any flight of top WR’s to the recruiting table besides Stover. It will take a few more years for this offense to pull in WR’s. The opportunity of playing time is also not playing into Bama’s hands.
· If Ryan can complete his hours we will have a really fast WR group next year with: Carter, Prothro, Caddell, Stover, Ryan, and Roach.
· Commitment Aaron McDaniel can play WR or CB. And the same goes for recruit Chevis Jackson.
· So if we don’t sign Carr or Hall, which will be difficult because they are in Florida, or get Harris to sign with Bama instead of Clemson then we will hold there.

OL – (4) BJ Stabler, Danny Muy, Cody Davis, Antoine Caldwell, Calvin Darity.
· Once again the opportunity to be starting as a Sophomore or Freshman is not reeling in the recruits.
· I see Bama signing Stabler, Caldwell, Muy, and Davis.
· Muy (Bama/Nebraska), Caldwell (Bama/Auburn), Davis (Bama/Auburn/FL)
· Britt may factor in here depending on signings.

DT/DE – (3) David Brown, Lorenzo Washington, Justin Britt, Demarcus Winston, Narada Williams, Brandon Fanney, Jeramie Holifield
· Bolden would be a huge steal from UT. He has set an official visit with Alabama. If we got him it would make up for losing Brooks to UT last year. Odds are slim though.
· Washington is down to Bama and Georgia.
· Holifield and Brown could commit any day.
· I see Bama getting Britt, Washington, Holifield, and Brown with Holifield a sign and place. That’s 3 and could be 4 if Bama snags Bolden.
· Keep an eye on Hamilton. His stock is rising and has an offer from Bama. We may end up signing 4 DT’s with Brown, Britt, Washington, and Hamilton.

LB – (1) Curtis Dawson, Ezekial Knight
· He is really the only target that we have a shot at landing. He may start out at MLB, but may grow into DE. He is a true football player.
· I see Bama signing Dawson.
· Also, Hines and Gandy out there.

CB – (2) Chevis Jackson, Travis Robinson, Aaron McDaniel
· As stated earlier, Jackson has the ability to play WR or CB. It will be between LSU and Alabama.
· I see Bama signing Jackson, Robinson, and McDaniel.

S – (2) Simeon Castille, Adrian Kindred, Marcus Carter
· Castille seems all but a lock.
· Carter has now set an official visit to Bama. That is huge since he is committed to Auburn. McDaniel is his teammate.
· I see Bama signing Castille and Carter.

Ozarkbamafreak

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 19, 2003
Ozark, Al. USA
In your opinion are we further along in recruiting now vs. this point last year. I remember we had some good early news on some guys & lost them in the end. I know the fRan stuff hurt but do we have a chance with the Good ones. I don't want to watch Florida & Tenn. rape us like last year. I have a Aubie friend that says Auburn's recruits are only delaying commitments so they can "Enjoy the trips to other places" before they commit to Auburn.

------------------
"ECO ALERT" Cow farts in lee county destroying ozone! Auburn to change cheer leaders diet.

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
Of course consistency in the staff helps and it will show with this class.

As far as other fans saying that commitments are there just enjoying the process: I am sure everyone would love to say that too. LOL

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
Originally posted by The Tide:
Of course consistency in the staff helps and it will show with this class.

Hey of the list you made...I have heard that McDanial,Knight,Johns,Walker,and Ryans have academic problems and possibly may not qualify. Also, Do you know if any of the other potential recruits standing on that issue. Man I really think we need all of those guys......Also, why is there so little interest in T. King . He's a true legacy and I have read nothing but positive accounts on him all year.
Drjamesm

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
Dr. Know - It is highly likely we see all freshmen play next year at the WR position. It all depends how the can block and then run routes. Oakley has as good chance any of them.

McDaniel, Johns, and Ryan have work to do in the classroom. If/when Holifield commits, he most likely won't qualify, but will go to a prep school and sign again next year.

We will sign aroun 22 players with 3 not qualifying.

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
There is really no way to tell who starts or plays. It basically is due to depth issues and if the recruit will be ready to play. For example, Castille and McClain played because we were very short at FB. Prothro played at WR even though Caddell was rated higher coming out of high school.

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The Tide:
There is really no way to tell who starts or plays. It basically is due to depth issues and if the recruit will be ready to play. For example, Castille and McClain played because we were very short at FB. Prothro played at WR even though Caddell was rated higher coming out of high school.</font>
Man,good answer....However,I have many friends that saw Prothro in the Al/Ms all star game .....All told me that he was unbelievable and would definately play as a Freshman...
drjamesm

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Born for Bama:
The Tide- Doesn't sound like you are to positive on the chances of signing Carr. </font>
I hope we get him,but he's eally leaning toward 2 Fl. schools....
drjamesm

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.