Looks like the Manson sweepstakes are back on

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
I agree with the RB crew. I don't think Hudson is an impact runner like Williams or Alexander. And I am not sold yet on Darby. He has proven to be injury prone. That leaves us with Castille, who I think has the best potential since Alexander due to being a serious threat catching a pass in the flat.

Adding Manson would take the pressure off depending on 1 or 2 and if the injury bug hits it will be crucial that we get him.

I agree about Tim Castille. Great hands and a big kid but my only concern about him at RB is that I'm not sure he has the speed to play it at a Division 1 level. Shaun Alexander didn't have blazing speed (decent but not blazing) but he had an uncanny knack for knowing when to make a cutback and seemed to smell the endzone when it appeared there was no hole. Myabe I'm wrong. I'd love to be.

DieHardTideFan

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 13, 2003
Mulga, AL
Shaun Alexander's greatest gift was his ability to run in traffic without anyone getting a solid hit on him. How many times did we see him just weave in, weave out, cut back, and finally come out of a crowd? I think Tim Castille would make an excellent TB because of bruising LeRon McClain in front of him. I think the idea of running plays is to get the back past the guys big enough to tackle him so he can run over the guys smaller than him. LeRon McClain would be a linebacker killer at the blocking back position. Tim Castille has only begun to tap his potential at Alabama as a football player and I wish him the best. I also hope we sign Manson because a playmaker is a playmaker, bottom line.

Roll Tide Roll

Alanbama27

All-American
Sep 24, 2003
Hoover, Alabama, USA
Actually TiderinVA, I think you'd be really surprised at Tim Castille's 40 times. I think they are in the low 4.5's, which is pretty fast for a kid who is 229 lbs!

He didn't run all over everybody without some speed to go with that braun in HS.

------------------
"Bryant can take his and beat yours, and then he can turn around and take yours and beat his." Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former coach under Coach Bryant at Texas A&M.

nutter

Aug 18, 2003
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TiderinVA:
I agree about Tim Castille. Great hands and a big kid but my only concern about him at RB is that I'm not sure he has the speed to play it at a Division 1 level. Shaun Alexander didn't have blazing speed (decent but not blazing) but he had an uncanny knack for knowing when to make a cutback and seemed to smell the endzone when it appeared there was no hole. Myabe I'm wrong. I'd love to be.</font>
i dont know shaun's speed but he didnt get caught from behind very often, did he

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.