Joe Namath is 1 of a kind

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
He's 1 of a kind; In football, as well as life, Joe Namath stands alone
He was Broadway Joe, a king of football and prince of the city. He had it all.

And then some.

No quarterback ever lived and triumphed like Joe Namath. Others won more championships. Many threw more touchdown passes.

Others had more powerful arms and most were quicker afoot.

But there was never anyone like Namath, a kid from Beaver Falls, Pa., who won a state high school title, a national title at the University of Alabama and a Super Bowl.

Boclive

All-American
Sep 6, 2002
I also have a 19 year old in college.

He's got more in his life to be proud of than just football.

I'd hate to think he's really standing alone.

God bless Joe Namath, too.

Crimson Hawk

Hall of Fame
Dec 16, 2001
North Alabama
Great article. Thanks for the link, Surfer. I've been to Beaver Falls....a small, unassuming town. If I remember correctly, Namath, Dan Marino, and Jim Kelly all came from that same area of Pennsylvania. Talk about your fertile recruiting grounds! Anyone remember the movie Broadway Joe starred in? I believe it was CC Rider, with Ann Margaret?

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Crimson Hawk said:
Great article. Thanks for the link, Surfer. I've been to Beaver Falls....a small, unassuming town. If I remember correctly, Namath, Dan Marino, and Jim Kelly all came from that same area of Pennsylvania. Talk about your fertile recruiting grounds! Anyone remember the movie Broadway Joe starred in? I believe it was CC Rider, with Ann Margaret?

Come on now, it's obvious where all this talent came from. Remember the 3 mile island disaster? There's something in the water, or maybe the air!

Crimson Hawk

Hall of Fame
Dec 16, 2001
North Alabama
Tider@UNA said:
Come on now, it's obvious where all this talent came from. Remember the 3 mile island disaster? There's something in the water, or maybe the air!
Come to think about it, they did all have a certain "glow" about them! :biggrin:

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
That area of Pennsylvania was mostly steel-workers and coal-miners when those guys were growing up. They didn't produce many concert pianists.

Marauder

Scout Team
Oct 9, 2005
Who remembers this?

Now I don't wear pantyhose, but if Beautymist can make my legs look good, imagine what they'll do for yours!

Sorry, I just had to say that.

Anyway, I think college and pro football fans owe a great debt of gratitude to Joe Namath. If it wasn't for him, the Super Bowl probably wouldn't be the mega event that it is today.

Last edited:

J.Will

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2001
Birmingham,AL,USA
Broadway Joe....

Found a nice article about Namath. He says some really nice things about us...

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051009/SPORTS/510090432/1075

He made a statement. He said, "Don't dream about it. It will never happen.'' Winning that championship was special. Winning the national championship at Alabama and, of course, winning the pro championship. So, the special memories are winning the championships and the people that you work with. Special memory for an athlete is the team concept of winning the championship. The dearest to my heart was being elected a captain at the University of Alabama.[/COLOR]

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
When I was a kid, I had a #12 Alabama jersey and a #12 Jets jersey.

To me, Joe was bigger than Ali, Mickey Mantle, and Hank Aaron all rolled into one

BhamTide

1st Team
Sep 20, 2005
He's a terrific guy and a great representative of The Uniniversity. I hated to hear about the trouble with his daughter, but those of us who have teenage children know that it's always something.

SirCrimson

1st Team
Feb 5, 2001
Alabama
Marauder said:
Who remembers this?

Now I don't wear pantyhose, but if Beautymist can make my legs look good, imagine what they'll do for yours!

Sorry, I just had to say that.

Anyway, I think college and pro football fans owe a great debt of gratitude to Joe Namath. If it wasn't for him, the Super Bowl probably wouldn't be the mega event that it is today.
You know what the funny part about that is? At this time Elvis and Namath were the only people in American that say that and people wouldnt think they were gay.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.