Jess N or anyone a ?.....

Ghost Rider

Nov 25, 2001
Powder Springs, Ga
I remember not recruiting a qb two years ago because Brodie was a junior in hs. So heres the question, weve got a good stable of running backs right now so why so much emphasis on so many this year with Tim Castille and William Roach sitting in the junior ranks at this time? I know we cant assume they will attend BAMA but the bloodlines are there and I think they will , watch your take on this subject? Thanks RTR

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Tim Castille may outgrow RB. He could end up as a FB or on defense. William Roach is also a two-way candidate.

Ken Darby and Marquez Dupree also have the ability to play defense. I think the emphasis is more on their athleticism than their high school position.

To answer the unasked question, I fully expect Castille to attend UA, and strongly suspect Roach to do the same.

Jess

hardcorebamaboy

Jan 3, 2002
Birmingham, AL ,CSA
Originally posted by JessN:
Tim Castille may outgrow RB. He could end up as a FB or on defense. William Roach is also a two-way candidate.

Ken Darby and Marquez Dupree also have the ability to play defense. I think the emphasis is more on their athleticism than their high school position.

To answer the unasked question, I fully expect Castille to attend UA, and strongly suspect Roach to do the same.

This year(since Castille is a Senior) I will make more of and effort to go out and watch him play he plays right down the road from me after a few games I can give you guys a scouting report

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Tim Castille is one of two good HS prospects (his brother Simeon (sp?) is the other) that are sons of former Tide DB Jeremiah Castille. Tim is about 5'11", 220 and Simeon is about 6'0", 200. Simeon is a year younger and projects as a CB/SS. I expect him to eventually end up about 6'1" or 6'2".

Tim will probably play offense, either RB or FB.

William Roach is, if I have it right, Freddie Roach's brother and Tim and Quentin Bowens' half-brother. He could end up at RB, WR, CB, FS, SS or LB, depending on how big he eventually gets.

Jess

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.