Auburn didn't win a share of anything...

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
OK, an example of the dumbness. LSU, BAMA, ARK and Aubie all end the season with 7-4 records in the SEC West. One goes to Atlanta. The other THREE claim SEC WEST Co-Championship rangs. Oh, it is enough to make one proud.

mikeua69

All-American
Apr 16, 2002
Alabaster, AL
rylandtide said:
Why and how are they co-champs? They lost to LSU.
Because the SEC doesn't play a "round robin" schedule. Auburn is the only team that claims these co-championships. That says enough about their program.

RollTideWCS

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 26, 2001
Brookhaven,MS.
Co-Champs?

Isn't it true that if you walked the hall's of the Athletic building you will see trophies displayed in the trophy case's that Bama has won over the year's?Isn't it true that there's a seperate case for the shared NC trophies?The trophies that were given when two team's were recognized as National Champs? If this is true then how can someone shun Auburn for excepting a co-chamionship title when we so proudly display our National co-Championship trophies every day.
I do not agree with the SEC for giving a co-championship title to two teams,this is true especially if one of these two has beaten the other.There can be only one true SECW champion.....LSU....

Why would anyone want to be co-champs? In Auburn's case it's for recruiting purposes,they are trying to look better than BAMA (good luck).

TiderB

All-American
Dec 18, 2002
Birmingham, AL
LSU and AU were tied at 7-1 for the SEC West. Lsu won a tiebreaker to determine who went to the SECCG.
Then we get to share the victory with LSU in our loss to them since we were tied in regulation but they won the tie breaker! ;)

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
RollinOnBayou said:
My point was just that we seem to be trying to come up with excuses to downplay Aubie. It is a fact that Aub is co-SEC west champs, just because they don't go doesn't matter, they are still co-SEC West champs.

They go to a better bowl than us, have a better ranking than us, and have beaten us 4 straight years.

Hopefully next year we will have better ways to slam Aubie. This whole Aubie didn't win anything is lame. They beat us, what's that make Bama?

PS. We pick on Aub so much for their speculation(ie. saying they would have the best record in the SEC), but we were the ones speculating about a NC only 3 weeks ago.
God, you're such a cow college homer! :rolleyes: The barn did NOT win any kind of SECC this year, period. That was the whole point of the thread.

Jean Lafitte

1st Team
Dec 31, 2004
HuntsvilleTider said:
God, you're such a cow college homer! :rolleyes: The barn did NOT win any kind of SECC this year, period. That was the whole point of the thread.
My main point is that, as a lifelong LSU guy from New Orleans, I've always had great respect for Alabama. In the last 15 years, I began to know The Barn more and more, and dislike them more and more. This has caused me to like and respect Alabama even more.

Barn = annoying snotty little kid down the block who needs a punch in the nose

I wish that Bama had given them a good punch in the nose this year, and I hope that you get them next year.

RollinOnBayou

Suspended
Aug 16, 2005
HuntsvilleTider said:
They are TECHNICALLY co-west champs. I didn't say they had anything to show for it.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Folks, why can't we just tip our hat to Tub and the barn, admit we were BEAT, and I mean BEAT, outcoached, outprepared, outsmarted, and outplayed, instead of making excuses or claiming some sort of "moral" victory like the silly comments attributed to BC in the Birmingham paper about winning "18-7" the last three quarters of the game? So what if they wanna make a big deal about their "technical" co-championship, let them do it--why should we care--I just laugh at it and think it's funny... Whether we like it or not, the center of gravity of cf superiority in this state resides, at the moment, in Auburn. It will be that way until we can show that we can beat them on the field. Sure, we've got more tradition and forgotten more about it than they will ever KNOW, but we have to stop resting on our laurels of "tradition" and still prove year in and year out that we are better than them. The last four years, we have failed to do that....the road to recovery is first started by admitting defeat, and realizing your mistakes and correcting them. Hopefully, our head coach realizes that...right now, I would give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he does....Sorry for the rant, jmo....

Last edited:

Texas Tider

1st Team
Aug 19, 2004
Dallas, Texas
deliveryman35 said:
So what if they wanna make a big deal about their "technical" co-championship, let them do it--why should we care--I just laugh at it and think it's funny... Whether we like it or not, the center of gravity of cf superiority in this state resides, at the moment, in Auburn. It will be that way until we can show that we can beat them on the field... we have to stop resting on our laurels of "tradition" and still prove year in and year out that we are better than them.
Exactly. Tradition is great, but it doesn't win games today. In the past few years, we haven't been able to beat Auburn. Yes, there have been things going on that have kept our team from being as good as it could have been (sanctions, coaching changes, etc.), but Auburn has been the better team. However, our team is on its way back. We have a great coach and our depth problems will soon be over. So let Auburn have their SEC West Co-Championship rings (it's so pathetic you have to laugh)... I have a feeling that before too long, the won't be able to claim anything.

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
Alanbama27 said:
The entire scenario is BS because the way the system is set up, a team could actually win their division with 2 or even 3 losses, go to the SECCG and face a team that is undefeated...beat them and still be the conference champs and get the automatic BCS bid.
That's pretty close to what happened to us in 1994, when Florida knocked us out of the National Championship picture in the SECCG. :(

SCrammerjammer

1st Team
Sep 4, 2000
South Carolina
Co-Champions of a smaller portion

If they get their jollies, so be it. I personally don't know how "champion" can mean partial winner of anything. Champion should be the winner of the SECCG--others are just representatives of their divisions imo. Don't worry. This tree does not make a sound falling in the forest.

I look forward to the day we are claiming our rightful championships and wins over them on the field. It's not far away. Hang on for the ride. There will be no doubts when it's here.

BamaMan34

1st Team
Feb 10, 2005
I'm all for piling on Auburn and agree claiming co-championships is crap but I don't know how you can't put us getting bowl rings after going 6-6 in the same category.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.