Four different coaches...four different stories

NCTIDEFAN

1st Team
Dec 3, 2002
Shelby, NC
Not NO, but HE** NO. We will never be that desperate.

RTR

------------------
We take the field every week expecting to win. If we don’t take the field expecting to win, we shouldn’t be at Alabama.-Coach Mike Shula

My faith in the great University of Alabama would be shaken to the core if something as mind boggling as Spurior ever became coach at Bama. Won't happen, can't happen ever!

I could see Spurior and Bill Oliver teaming up elsewhere, say Texas or somewhere west of these parts. Probably be a scarry duo for their foes.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!

Bojo

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 26, 2002
Birmingham, Alabama, USA
"Around Gainesville, you hear many voices saying they hope Zook makes it, because he's so likable and a nonstop worker."

When did zook become "likable"? I know we, as SEC foes, like zook. But do uf fans like him? (see firezook.com)

That still remains the most bizarre coching hire I've ever seen. He can recruit, he works hard, but has he demonstrated any true coaching ability in his entire career?

PS - why can't you twice bake or julienne it?

XXL TideFan

Suspended
Dec 7, 2002
I might hack off a few people here. Steve Superior was built for college football. Much the way that Coach Bryant was built for college football. SS never had the unwavering support from the AD like a coach has at Bama. I have heard the terdersee rumors with SS, but unless he totally despises Bama (he doesn't, he has always expressed respect for the tradition) only a fool would go to terdersee if offered either position.
While it would take some getting used to....seeing a crimson visor on his head. It would be a good match. I put it to you. Where else could a coach guarantee his place in college football history by the time he retires?

WTL

Scout Team
Nov 12, 2003
Huntsville, Al, USA
He would not take a coordinating position in 5 million years. Hes a very good coach, but if you will, a bit like George Patton. Spurrier has too much of an ego for Bama altogether. Think about it, at almost any other school Spurrier would be the best coach that university has ever had. At Bama, he would be compared to the Bear unmercifully, and that is not a favorable comparison for the ole ball coach.

BocaLance

All-American
Oct 18, 2001
Douglasville (Atlanta), GA
Everyone in Gainesville that I hear and know hates Zook. Admittedly, he's a nice guy, people like his work ethic and drive, but they would throw their own mothers under a train to get Spurrier to come back.

I personally liked Spurrier. He speaks his mind, tried to run a clean program, and had a consistent winner. I don't think he would ever fit in at Alabama, and I don't think he would ever want that kind of pressure again -which is why I see him somewhere like North Carolina in the future.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Spurrier is 1-2 against the worst coach we had in 40 years. Don't you know with his ego, he wakes up in the middle of the night with cold sweats over that one. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I think he'll wind up in the SEC somewhere. But not at Bama. Too much bad blood over him turning us into the SEC and trying to extort Justin Smiley from DuBose. But where in the SEC? My bet would be South Carolina first, Orange U second, and Arkansas third, however he may have hangups about living there.

Gman4Bama

3rd Team
May 18, 2004
Oxford, Alabama
I for one would also love to have Spurrier. But on the other hand i'm hoping that we dont need another coach for a very long time. Spurrier has said before that he had alot of respect for Bama and its tradition and that he would try to avoid running up the score on us.
When Steve Spurrier says he doesnt want to run up the score on you thats RESPECT!!

GAMEFACE

1st Team
Feb 6, 2001
Cahaba Heights, Al. USA
Stephen 323 what did you see at the Bright star? Are you talking about the resteraunt in the bham area? If so it is great. Its in Bessemer and very good. I dont ever see ss coming here to coach. He hates us also. i see him coaching at the little school downt the road just to tick us off before he comes here.

talisitider

All-SEC
Jan 24, 2003
Tallassee, AL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stephen323:
Hey, I KNOW what I saw at the Bright Star!!!</font>
Those delicious red snapper filets... lmao... hey what were they eating? Makes me hungry thinking about that place!

Stephen323

All-American
May 29, 2003
Duluth, GA
OK, the Bright Star comment was sort of an inside thing. Some people will know what I am talking about and some won't. You're not missing anything if you don't other than maybe a little chuckle.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.