Damien Jones

CraigMack

1st Team
Jul 13, 2000
Chelsea, AL
Does anyone have any info on Damien Jones? He's scheduled to walk-on at Bama in the fall and is supposedly a heck of an athlete. He went to high school at Vigor HS in Mobile. Anyone know about his background/status???

Thanks.

Dr. Know

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
Orange Tx via Lower Ala.
Damien Jones was a "do all" QB at vigor. They would start him at QB and use him at WR,RB, DB. Also PR and KOR if Vigor was ever in a pinch for instant points. When Tyler Watt was a SR and in the Playoffs against Vigor at Prichard Stadium, Jones was the one who nearly ruined tyler's great performance against Vigor.He lead Vigor back in the second half, then they sent him to WR and he nearly made a circus catch in the endzone on the final play.
Jones hates to lose. PERIOD. A field gen. in every since of the word. Can play every skill position on the field and can punt. His speed, well I'd would just say he's as fast as he has too be.

Hope that helps.

[This message has been edited by Dr. Know (edited 01-14-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Dr. Know (edited 01-14-2004).]

The Butcher

Scout Team
Nov 6, 2003
Huntsville, AL, USA
I thought I heard that he needed to bring up a test score (ACT or SAT) in order to get admitted to The University. I hope he does and can join the team this fall. He could possibly provide some help to our receiving corp.

RTR

The Butcher

Scout Team
Nov 6, 2003
Huntsville, AL, USA
I hope he becomes a leader and an impact player as well, but the guy has been away from football for a few years. It may take him some time to get a feel for the game again. Probably more the the month or so of fall proctice. Of course, I never saw the guy play in high school, so I don't know what kind of athelete he is except from 40 times, bench, height etc. Hopefully he will be like Kelly Washington (minus the attitude) in that he can come in and contribute right away.

RTR

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
He has been accepted into school but must now go through the NCAA clearing house.

I read on TI,BOL, or Bamamag today.

------------------
Things are looking up at the Capstone!

Whammer Jammer

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
rivals confirmed my earlier information. He is in class and living with former Vigor Grad Marico Portis in Rose Towers. One of our top recruits and no scholly required!

------------------

Whammer Jammer

[This message has been edited by Whammer Jammer (edited 01-17-2004).]

Gerray

Dec 1, 2003
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
This is great news to hear. I saw Damien play a few times in highschool and a lot on the weekly "First and 10" show that used to come on (NBC I believe?) in the Mobile area.

This guy is a heck of an athlete. It was drafted in like the fifth round of the baseball draft coming out of high school (I may be off a little, so correct me if I'm wrong). He's more quick than fast, but should be able to step in and at least help out. I'm sure it will take him some time to adjust to the speed of the college game after being away for so long, but I would definitely say he is someone to keep an eye on.

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bama#11:
Damien Jones is NOT qualified yet (ACT) and is NOT in school at Bama. He's working towards enrolling in the summer or fall. </font>
When asked by BOL this afternoon if he was on campus and enrolled in classes at UA, Jones replied, "Yes."
http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=257211

My sources also say he has been cleared the NCAA clearing house but I can NOT confirm that yet.

------------------

Whammer Jammer

bama#11

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 19, 2003
Tuscaloosa, AL
Man..Damien made a quick transition..his initial statements were that he wasn't qualified yet (which at the time he wasn't...but luckily the standards are lower now).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.