Nation's #1 Player makes decision...

Austin Texan

May 22, 2001
Austin Texas
Vincent Young commits to Texas. They are putting together one hell of a class in Austin. If Mack Brown can improve his teams performance in big games, look out for this budding dynasty. He recruits like no other...however, that doesnt count much if they dont get gameday coaching.

visceralbamafan#1

Apr 11, 2000
Mobile, AL
Well Austin Texan,

Now don't get too confident about this recruiting coup thing. Here at the University of Alabama, we lead the nation in % of "Non-Ranked" committments this year!!!

So, before you go and become confident, remember that we apparently are approaching winning the NC from a "better" perspective and that you will have to recruit using our superior methods if you want to win the big NC.

[This message has been edited by visceralbamafan#1 (edited January 14, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by visceralbamafan#1 (edited January 14, 2002).]

BAMABROOKS

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 13, 1999
Martinez,GA,USA
I've been following recruiting heavily for about six years. I cant believe the class Mack is putting together at Texas. The amazing thing is the majority of this class will qualify. I understand where most Alabama fans don't put much stock into highly ranked recruiting classes but nobody would be mad if Coach Fran was putting together this type of talent. I for one would be ecstatic and you should too Texan!

I'm well aware of Mack Brown's ability to recruit but he always seems to lose 1-3 games per year, even though pretty much since he's been there, the 'Horns have had incredible recruiting classes year in and year out. I'm beginning to wonder about Mack Brown's coaching ability with all that talent, why can't he win the big games?

I'm clueless. Maybe someone else knows.

opksooner

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 13, 2002
Overland Park, Kansas
OUBoards.com
To answer your question: Mack's legacy is that he gets the very least from the very(?)best. He has been winning National Recruiting Championships for years, while Bob Stoops won a NC with 2 and 3 star talent. Mack does less with more than anyone in America.

------------------
Just remember. Inside every old guy is a young guy asking, "What the Hell happened?"

Crimson Hawk

Hall of Fame
Dec 16, 2001
North Alabama
I have been racing all my life, and I can tell you that the best parts don't always add up to a winner. It takes a lot of knowlege & experience to be able to choose parts & pieces that complement each other & work well together. Sometimes , you're better off taking less exotic parts & "developing" them to better fit your needs.
We should all know by now that the best talent in the world {FSU for example} doesn't guarantee NC's . On the other hand, a man named "Bear" took a bunch 'o 'tweener's
& sprinkled in a few stars & made magic!!!
It's all in the mix!!!!!

Dr. Know

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
Orange Tx via Lower Ala.
"Bama fans dont put alot of stock in recruiting rankings" MY AZZ! When Dumbose was here with "Ronnie" running the show, we crowed about our # 3 ranked class and our # 2 ranked this and that! We swallowed the hole stinking thing, hook ,line and sinker! Now, with things like they are, it does not taste as sweet!

The bottom line is this, good players are great, but great coaching is better!

MUSSO

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 9, 2001
Tallahassee, FL
opksooner, Crimson Hawk, Dr. Know, taylor, tidetudabone, Blackdog,

All good posts! I don't think I've ever before agreed with so many posts and posters in one thread!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.