Game times

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
I just checked all the sec teams and they all have announced a game time for opening weekend except WK @ UGA and Haw @ AL. LF does not have a game that day yet, so I have to assume the early LF game will be one of these 2.

I would assume the delay is LF would rather carry our game and UA does not want to play that early.

I would think of all the games not on TV that weekend the next best would be USM @ FL, but they already have a 6:00 game time set, and so does ULL @ LSU. Those are the only other sec teams not on tv that weekend.

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL
TIDE24 said:
I just checked all the sec teams and they all have announced a game time for opening weekend except WK @ UGA and Haw @ AL. LF does not have a game that day yet, so I have to assume the early LF game will be one of these 2.

I would assume the delay is LF would rather carry our game and UA does not want to play that early.

I would think of all the games not on TV that weekend the next best would be USM @ FL, but they already have a 6:00 game time set, and so does ULL @ LSU. Those are the only other sec teams not on tv that weekend.
Sounds about right. LF might end up without an SEC game that weekend, unless we decide to play early. I seriously doubt they would carry a game featuring a I-AA team.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
Stephen323 said:
No, it did not.
Hey Stephen, you don't seem to understand that Alabama doesn't just get to decide whether it will or will not play at 11:30. The SEC has a contract that must be honored. Alabama has to make a good case for forcing someone ELSE to play the early game that day, and you can bet that one of the arguments is it would be too early for fans in Hawaii who want to follow the game.

BamaLaw

Suspended
Oct 15, 1999
Homewood, AL USA
JD95 said:
Hey Stephen, you don't seem to understand that Alabama doesn't just get to decide whether it will or will not play at 11:30. ..
OH, but once a year it does...Under the SEC's TV contract, each school is allowed to tell TV to "take a hike" once each season for any reason or for no reason. UA usually uses that exemption for homecoming; however, I don't think that is going to be an issue with the FIU game. Therefor, why not use it for UH?

Stephen323

All-American
May 29, 2003
Duluth, GA
JD95 said:
Hey Stephen, you don't seem to understand that Alabama doesn't just get to decide whether it will or will not play at 11:30. The SEC has a contract that must be honored. Alabama has to make a good case for forcing someone ELSE to play the early game that day, and you can bet that one of the arguments is it would be too early for fans in Hawaii who want to follow the game.

I am telling you the facts as they are. Whether or not you choose to believe it is up to you. The Hawaii time thing might ultimately factor into Slive's decision on the matter, though I doubt it, but it has absolutely nothing to do with what time The University of Alabama wants to play the game.

The NCAA has nothing to do with this, so your statement about the NCAA giving Hawaii special consideration is pointless. And by the way, Hawaii refused to even consider playing the games out there any earlier so that the Alabama fans at home would not have to stay up until after midnight to watch.

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000
I think the official announcement will come out next Wednesday or Thursday for the first two game times so the discussion should be over soon.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
I'm not trying to imply that Alabama wants to do Hawaii fans a favor regarding game time -- of course Alabama wants only what's best for Alabama. But I still understand, and several posts on another thread made the same point, that this is one of the arguments that cuts in favor of not playing the game at 11:30 Central Time (in addition to the simple fact that Alabama prefers it that way due to cooler weather, showing off the new stadium and jumbotrons, etc.).

rkwilkerson

All-American
Feb 20, 2006
Tuscaloosa, AL
A night game would be best!

Just Imagine,

Hawaii has possession: It's 3rd and 2 on the Alabama 44 yard line....

All three Jumbotrons start flashing "Defense" and "Make Some Noise" along with both Ribbon Boards brilliantly flashing solid strips of Crimson and White in rapid patterns!

Add the crowd noise, exponentially increasing as Hawaii's offense approaches the newly expanded student section, and I'd say you would have a pretty formidable atmosphere!

comments, ?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.