why the suden hate for Walker

ROLL EM'

Jan 14, 2004
Memphis, TN, USA
Recruiting is a process of winning some and losing some. The key is on Feb 4th you hope that wins outnumber your loses. If today was Feb 4th, who could argue the success of the UA coaching staff. I saw Walker on CDTSD and seemed like a very intelligent kid. What team would not want to take a chance on him. I would rather take a chance on a kid with a 4.0 GPA than one trying to qualify. Now does that mean he is going to be good and the kid that is trying to qualify is going to be bad. Absolutely not! (ie. Prothro) With this said I wish Walker well, but if he ever plays the Tide he can expect to get -4 yards rushing.

------------------
I don't know whether I prefer Astroturf to grass. I never smoked Astroturf.---Joe Namath

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ROLL EM':
Recruiting is a process of winning some and losing some. The key is on Feb 4th you hope that wins outnumber your loses. If today was Feb 4th, who could argue the success of the UA coaching staff. I saw Walker on CDTSD and seemed like a very intelligent kid. What team would not want to take a chance on him. I would rather take a chance on a kid with a 4.0 GPA than one trying to qualify. Now does that mean he is going to be good and the kid that is trying to qualify is going to be bad. Absolutely not! (ie. Prothro) With this said I wish Walker well, but if he ever plays the Tide he can expect to get -4 yards rushing.

</font>
I for one am not giving the kid any grief.....I wish him well and wish we could have got him,but I think we got in too late in the process,anyway.At least he did not go to the UCHEAT Viles,so that says alot for him too.
drjamesm

Bama-fo-life

1st Team
Jan 16, 2004
Mobile, AL. USA
yahoo.com
What do you think about this. People are saying why would a tailback want to go to ND's west coast style offense (trying to implement). Most people would think a runningback would want to be in more of a run offense. However, all recruits think that they will make it to the NFL. What NFL tailback now-a-days gets draftd that cannot both run and catch the ball.

By going to this style offense they can show their ability to be a NFL tailback.

tideomega

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2002
Birmingham Al.
Jack Bourbon, I know what you mean. I got burnt earlier for saying good luck to him and that I hoped he went for academics, because he wouldn't when a national championship at nd... He want win one at nd either.

Not unless they have a wimpy season.

TC....

ROLL EM'

Jan 14, 2004
Memphis, TN, USA
Jack you are right. There has not been much bad mouthing of him in this site. (that is why I like this one) but i have read other sites where they have. I just choose to talk on this site. Maybe I should have been more clear on that.

------------------
I don't know whether I prefer Astroturf to grass. I never smoked Astroturf.---Joe Namath

Liberty

Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bama-fo-life:
What NFL tailback now-a-days gets draftd that cannot both run and catch the ball.</font>
Two that come to mind are Ron Dayne and Stephen Davis.

Ron Dayne: 3 years in the NFL and only 22 total receptions
Stephen Davis: 14 games played this year and only 14 receptions

I do, however, agree with your point. These folks with hands of stone are definitely the exception and not the rule.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.