Brodie Croyle

seems to be the scapegoat among some Bama fans for this past season. I know every Bama fan on this forum, including I, can tell you what went wrong and that is a losing season. We hate losing!

Where did the season go wrong? Shula? Kines? Ball? Croyle? Price? Franchione? Dubose? Fulmer? Logan Young? NCAA? Rader? Mal Moore? Or ALL OF THE ABOVE!

4W vs 9L is way too tough to take when your not accustomed to it like we are. But I don't believe it had anything to do with any particular kid.

Brodie was the #1 QB prospect in America coming out of HS. Wonder where he would be if he hadn't went with his heart, and say have signed with Georgia or LSU and god forbid Tennesse?

Probably hated by us fans for betraying his dads alma matre, but possibly a national championship caliber QB with the prospect of the Heisman, or other accollades. I hope those things are still obtainable goals for him in the near future, but shudder for his sake when I hear the negative vibes coming from the fans of the school he allways dreamed of playing for. He is also a fan of Bama football and allways have been.

Brodie could have went anywhere, but no he couldn't betray his dream, his love for the Tide. What sorry luck he had coming to Bama at the worst possible time in Tide history. More coaches and BS than you can shake a limber timber at in such a short time.

What kind of example are we, the fans, portraying to the future recruits, as in Marcus Manson, when we get down on a kid who loves this school like Brodie does?

Used too you could voice your opinion without any consequence, but not anymore. Not in the day of the internet. Most kids today live and sleep with a computer.

I'm NOT getting down on my fellow Bama bretheren, but just trying to point out the consequences of loose meandering thoughts when it comes to the internet. Don't be too critical and allways be supportive of the young men and women we proudly cheer for. RTR!!!!!!!!!!

doctorgonzo

Jan 16, 2002
Sheffield
aol.com
Just because you love your team doesn't mean you are the best quarterback to lead that team. I appreciate the fact that he loves Bama and choose to play here, but if school spirit is the main requirement for a starting job then most people on this board would have played at one time or another.

If Brodie doesnt improve next season, then someone else deserves a chance. If noone behind Brodie can play better than he has Alabama is destined for another another losing season next year.

Gerray

Dec 1, 2003
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
doctorgonzo: Have you ever played the QB position? I want you to try to make completions when your line isn't given you the chance to even make a three step drop pass. Brodie is a good QB with an exceptional arm. With the proper tutelage he will become one of the premier QB's in the country, let alone the SEC. We now have recievers we can (hopefully) count on, with the size and speed to be impact players.

Most of you are resting your dreams on the shoulders of Guillen (the kid was third-string at Miami) how "great" can he be?

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
It would be nice if Mr. Croyle had more than one second to go through his progressions before he had to run for his life! He learned his third offense within a year and with continuity will progress.

Don't get the idea I like losing because I don't especially living in Vile territory, but a player can only progress with good coaching (one plan preferably) so with two good shoulders I expect a lot better from him. The schedule will help too.

M.C.Bama

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 28, 2004
Titletown, Al, USA
Well in that case Wastedmason, why dont we just tell them that they are all great and no matter whether they win or lose its the thought of playing here that counts. While we're at it tell them that they're all going pro, they'll get good jobs in their field, their wives wont nag or get fat, their kids will be blue-chippers, and if they're Black that they can one day be the HC at the Capstone!!! Sweet Dreams.

Bama-fo-life

1st Team
Jan 16, 2004
Mobile, AL. USA
yahoo.com
This is crazy!!! He was a SO. last year!! Here are some numbers for you to think on:

Played 12 games offically but was in for one play at Georgia. So 11 games.

In a run offense he passed for 209 a game.

He passed for 2,303 yards

Now think about this: He was sacked 27 times in 11 games. That is 2.5 every game for someone who had a seperated Shoulder!! Not to mention all the extra hits he took.

This kid played with extreme heart and we want to judge him harshly. This was his first year to start in the worst offense in the whole SEC and this is his fault? I bet he was the one calling plays on the 1st and 2 vs. Tenn.

Is he perfect? NO. Was he one of the Nations best last year? Certainly not. But I do not know many kids who are in the first starting year.

CrimsonBloodn62

1st Team
Feb 1, 2002
Tuscumbia, AL
Anybody that thinks playing hurt or being sacked several times each game doesn’t make a difference in your performance, just look no farther than the Heisman Trophy winner Jason White. JW by the numbers was hands down the deserving winner of that award, but when he got hurt in the BIG 12 Championship game and sacked several times, Jason was not the same player the last two games. The same can be said about Brodie after his injury and lack of protection

------------------
"The NCAA needs to quit hiding behind the skirts of secret witnesses and manufactured evidence. ... The mission right now is to expose the NCAA for their corrupt tactics, their Mafioso tactics," said Gallion. "And if it takes down the University of Tennessee's football program, hallelujah." Tommy Gallion

JH-ATL

Suspended
May 17, 2000
atlanta, ga
doctorgonzo

Reread Gerray's response!!!!!

Are you blind or just did not watch any of the games this past season. Croyle played hurt most of the season. He was the only bright spot on a dismal year. I can not wait for him to start again this coming fall.

We get a great talent, the only 5* we have gotten lately and you rag on him.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Very good post Wasted! Where were you two or three games before the end of the last season? Anyway, you are not alone on your thoughts about Brodie. Let the best man win the job next season but Brodie Croyle deserves nothing but respect for his performance last year. Most of us Bama Fans feel extremely fortunate to have him!! RTR!!!

------------------
Tide Rising

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA
I guess Archie Manning wasn't much of a QB, look at the games he lost in NO. A healthy Brodie, with a full arsenal of plays and the ability to audible out of some bad situations will be a LOT more effective. The kid from Miami (Guillon,sp?) will push Brodie and if he turns out to be better, will be the starting QB. Right now Brodie has earned the starting spot and should have to be beat out of it. BTW, we cannot forget Machen or Pennington, hopefully we won't have to play with an injured QB next year.

[This message has been edited by HITIDE (edited 02-02-2004).]

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama
I don't think that there is any doubt that he played with a lot of heart and determination but the numbers just weren't there. That could have everything to do with the bad O-line or or the fact that he played the majority of the season injured. Either way- I think that it would be foolish to assume that the starting job is his, this Gullion(sp) guy should (hopefully) contend for that job. CMS will pick the best available guy to start- period. I personally don't care which one it is.

Stephen323

All-American
May 29, 2003
Duluth, GA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gerray:
doctorgonzo: Have you ever played the QB position? I want you to try to make completions when your line isn't given you the chance to even make a three step drop pass. Brodie is a good QB with an exceptional arm. With the proper tutelage he will become one of the premier QB's in the country, let alone the SEC. We now have recievers we can (hopefully) count on, with the size and speed to be impact players.

Most of you are resting your dreams on the shoulders of Guillen (the kid was third-string at Miami) how "great" can he be?
</font>
I like anyone who can properly use the word "tutelage" in a sentence.

Spot Dailey

Suspended
May 31, 2003
Los Angeles
www.JohnTown.com
Let's see now, how many ignorant jackasses can we get on one forum at the same time. I think your observations about Brodie are out the window and if the installation of CMS's offense has time to include audibles this season, Brodie will show you why he's the number one QB at Bama. Please give us all a break with your conjecture and try not sounding so butt ignorant.

chris

All-SEC
May 17, 2001
loxley,al. 36551
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spot Dailey:
Let's see now, how many ignorant jackasses can we get on one forum at the same time. I think your observations about Brodie are out the window and if the installation of CMS's offense has time to include audibles this season, Brodie will show you why he's the number one QB at Bama. Please give us all a break with your conjecture and try not sounding so butt ignorant.</font>
AMEN! Well said!!

------------------
"you'd better pass" -Marty Lyons

doctorgonzo

Jan 16, 2002
Sheffield
aol.com
Lemme respond. No, I am not blind. Yes, I watched Alabama play last year. Yes, I played football for 13 years including at the college level so believe me I know something about playing the game.

All I said was that if Brodie doesn't improve next season we will probably only win 4 games again. We got beat by N. Illinois, we can be beaten by Utah St.

Noone hopes Brodie plays well more than me, but if Thrash or Guillen starts coming on during the season then I think they should be given a shot. I dont see how any of you should argue with that.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by doctorgonzo:
Lemme respond. No, I am not blind. Yes, I watched Alabama play last year. Yes, I played football for 13 years including at the college level so believe me I know something about playing the game.

All I said was that if Brodie doesn't improve next season we will probably only win 4 games again. We got beat by N. Illinois, we can be beaten by Utah St.

Noone hopes Brodie plays well more than me, but if Thrash or Guillen starts coming on during the season then I think they should be given a shot. I dont see how any of you should argue with that.
</font>

Doc I certainly agree Brodie has got to improve to be a winner this fall, but also to even keep his starting position. So has the rest of the team and the coaches. There was nothing fun at all about this past season.

That being said though, I was just trying to make the point that when it comes to recruiting these young teenage kids to a certain school, our school, as fans we need to be carefull as to what we think about one kid vs another, especially on the net.

If Brodie thinks his high profile rankings as a high school star, or his fathers famous name will get him by, then I believe he will be very dissapointed. I personally don't believe that to be the case though. Under any other time or circumstances at Bama I believe his performance would have been much different. I've never seen Bama go through what they have the past few years in my life. And I can recall vividly from back to the late 60's.

I know the bottom line is to win, no matter how courageuos a player is or whether he can get the job done or not. If Brodies not the best QB on the team then I say yes put someone who is in. But from what I seen last year he was the best we had and should only get better. But that will be up to the coaches.

The coaches is who if you have to be criticle of someone you should be after. But even they were working from a dissadvantage. Lets stay patient, stick behind our guys, and put our hopes in these young men. What else do we have? Brodie will be fine regardless. The Marcus Mansons' of the world is what I believe we need to be carefull with.

Whether we believe it or not or want to accept the fact. Alot of these kids love keeping up with their recruitment and follow these boards. Lets not be the reason that a kid doesn't come to Bama. And I know a lot of you could care less, cause you think Marcus is full of his self, but give the coaches the chance to do their jobs. We need and demand the best, so if Marcus is the best, we want him.

With that I'll say go get'em coach and Roolll Tide Roolll!!!!!!!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.