BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
***UPDATED***
12/4/06 6:00AM EST

As of 6am today (Monday), 99% of the bugs have been fixed. Please let me know in this thread if you're still experiencing problems. Sorry for the errors we had yesterday, but it was something that had to be done, and for some reason, the upgrades just didn't load correctly. I reloaded them at about 4am today. Still working on a couple things that should be cleared up by tonight, anyway.

Those of you using internet explorer as your browser, is everything looking ok?

Thanks for your patience and support!

RTR

Brett

===========================================
12/3/06 9am

Hi folks.

Forum maintenance is still ongoing. started at 5:30am EST this morning and ran into a couple of problems that have mostly been resolved as of 9am EST. However, there may be occasions throughout the day where I take the board down again to work on it.

There may also be some weird stuff happening due to the ongoing maintenance. IF you experience anything weird (i already know about the characters at the top of the screen), then let me know at admin at tidefans.com or PM me or post here.

Thanks. (and thanks for your patience & support!!!!!!!!)

Brett

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: FORUM MAINTENANCE: Still ongoing... but forum back online

had trouble with the bold button when trying to emphasize something in a quote and had trouble with the "big grin" symbol to the right.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

FYI, I regularly use the Quick Links shortcut in the navbar to 'mark forums read' - now, when I click on the Quick Links shortcut, instead of a drop down menu, it refreshes the page with a new navbar with Mark Read as a navbar option. Kind of annoying.

Safari on OSX 10.4.8 here.

And thanks for all your work!

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005

No Smilies .
No bold .
No underline .
No Italics .

Hard to go from one forum to another , if at all .
About 3/10 threads will not open .
Twice my replies would not post .

Just passing along some feedback . I would bet that the board is back to 100% before we have a coach .

RTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

Got up at 4am today and now 99.9% of the errors have been fixed as of 5:50am EST this morning. There is still a "hanging chad" in the top left of the screen that I'm working on now.

Let me know if things don't work for you.

• as you can tell
  • I have fixed the formatting
  • bar for posting

:biggrin2:

OH HAPPY DAY!

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

There is still a "hanging chad" in the top left of the screen that I'm working on now.
Hanging chad has been plucked. I think everything is fine now. again, please let me know if you have any problems.

those of you using internet explorer as your browser, is everything looking ok?

ncbama

Suspended
Jun 1, 2003
Albemarle NC
Just wondering if this problem were peculiar to my system. TideFans is snail paced slow, if at all, on Explorer. However, it works very well on Firefox. This problem is consistent and has existed for a long, long time. Has this been reported by anyone else.

As for me, I am all right since I have Firefox. However, I use Explorer for just about everything else.

Any sharing of information would be appreciated.

samson_ala

Suspended
Jul 14, 2006
Silverhill, AL

Hanging chad has been plucked. I think everything is fine now. again, please let me know if you have any problems.

those of you using internet explorer as your browser, is everything looking ok?
I cannot tell you how much I love this site. Everything looks great. It's easy to use, the members & moderators are friendly, and I get the latest on the greatest football team of all time. I tell all my friends and family about the site. I usually get asked what I've read and about all the news that gets passed through here. I am so thankful for tidefans.com!:BigA:

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Just wondering if this problem were peculiar to my system. TideFans is snail paced slow, if at all, on Explorer. However, it works very well on Firefox. This problem is consistent and has existed for a long, long time. Has this been reported by anyone else.

As for me, I am all right since I have Firefox. However, I use Explorer for just about everything else.

Thanks ncbama. I really don't know why this is happening but I will see if there is a root cause.

thanks.

brett

SoldierForTide

All-American
Sep 28, 2006
Atlanta

Firewall?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.