Shaud Williams...

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Panabam, here's a link to a Decatur Daily article.

http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/sports/010809/tide.shtml

A few other items:
Was Big 12 Freshman of Year in 1999

Texas Class 4A career rushing leader - 7,778 yds and 87 TDs

2nd in state in 110 meter high hurdles as HS Jr.

When Spike Dykes retired, the new coach brought in a chuck & duck offense. Shaud was actually playing wingback as a Soph.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him as the starter next year.

BamaDevO

All-SEC
Jun 13, 2000
Atlanta, Ga.
I really hope he can come in and help us move the ball on the ground.
I didn't see if they said he was fast or not, but maybe he will be one of those gamebreaker types.

Crimson Hawk

Hall of Fame
Dec 16, 2001
North Alabama
I believe Beard will be the primary Back next year, with Galloway sliding to no. 2(although it's hard to count AG out; he seems to be a survivor & very adaptable...and you have to admit, he's tough!) How 'bout evryone else? Any takers?

redrolltide1

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 16, 2001
Athens alabama us
I think bama should have a balanced offense(mostly run) play S.Beard,A.Galloway,S.Williams,and Ray Hudson.Give each of them about 7 carries a game and Watts , Croyle, or Pennington,passing. Bama will be hard to stop in Oklahoma againsts the sooners. ROOOOOLLLLLLLLLL TTTTIIIIIDDDDDEEEE

Texan

Feb 19, 2002
You got a great little back in Shaud. Not only is he a great running back he can catch the ball as a third receiver. I went to Andrews High School but I am a little older than him. I know his dad very well and this kid is all heart and all football! You guys are going to be very impressed with his skills. Being a Texan native schools like Univ of Texas, Texas A&M and even Texas Tech are whom most local kids go and play for. I am now a reborn Tide fan and wish Shaud all the best because I know he will do well. Even all of the NCAA crap Shaud will stick it out and give 110%. You guys are going to love it when you see him lower his shoulder and run over a guy who is 6'3" and 320# He does not back down from a hit and loves to give em!

Here is a little more local info on Shaud.

He rushed for 7,712 yards and 87 touchdowns in his four-year career with the Mustangs

Williams was able to outshine the area's other on-field stars by compiling some audacious numbers, including a 438-yard night against Fort Stockton - the second-best single-game rushing performance in Texas Class 4A history!

By the way, he did not play the 4th qtr!

Texas Tech in 1999 was playing Colorado and Williams was the key to the offense. The Buffs defense stuggeled all day. Shaud had 21-230 and 3 TD's. The second game I saw was Iowa State game were Shaud rushed 21-148. I forgot how many TD's. I never thought BAMA would find such a quality player. I honestly believe he will start. At 5'9" 188 he is a load and moves quickly thru the hole. He was clocked at TT during a track and field meet April 2000 at 4.29. He is a solid 4.3 speedster. Spike Dikes HC TTech retired, said Shaud Williams was the real deal. He was only a freshman that year. Information on track and field is from TT Sports.Net. Our running game and Offensive line is solid.

ramajama32

Mar 12, 2002
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Shaud Williams can flat out play. Watching him in spring practice he is as quick as anyone on the team. In the 2 minute drill that we ran at the end of practice he caught a deflected pass and ran it in for the TD. It will be tough for him to get major PT with Beard and Galloway anchoring the backfield but Shaud will be a goody, it'll just be another year before he gets the spotlight.

ROLLER

Banned
Mar 3, 2002
Winnersville, AL, USA
A couple of big plays and I think his contribution culd be major this year. His work ethic seems to be hard to follow up. Good Luck Shaud.

------------------
Bamn Auburn, 31-7

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.