I know it's early....but....

BamaDevO

All-SEC
Jun 13, 2000
Atlanta, Ga.
Who do you think will be the favorites next year in the NFL?
Rams? Pats? Steelers? Eagles? Bears?
Give me your opinion....

bilbo@work

All-SEC
Dec 9, 1999
atlanta, ga
If they can get a decent QB I see nobody stopping my beloved BEARS!!!!

------------------
"Despite all the hardship and distractions, Dennis Franchione appears to have Alabama heading in the right direction on all sides of the ledger -- including style and class."-Paul Finebaum

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
It seems like every year there's a sleeper team that doesn't get really hot until middle of the year. Then, there's the big letdowns - like the Colts.

Not sure about the Pats. Can they sustain the momentum that carried them through the second half of this season?

B

BamaJ

Titans vs. Cowboys in the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!

BamaJ

------------------
"It ain't the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog."

http://www.xtremebama.homestead.com

BamaDevO

All-SEC
Jun 13, 2000
Atlanta, Ga.
BamaJ, I don't know if you were serious or not, but I do look for the Titans to come back this next year.
They are my sleeper at getting to the Super Bowl.

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
I know we got some re-alignment going on next year and it will be tougher for them, but I think Seattle is a team to look out for. If Holmgren will give Shaun the dang ball, start Dilfer, I look for them to give the Rams a good race. A long shot would be to look out for the Redskins. Spurrier and now Marvin Lewis. They sucked bad last year and were 8-8. Colts signing Dungy is huge. we'll see. Im ready for it right now. Roll Tide

PlayerUA

All-SEC
Apr 1, 2000
Huntsville, Alabama
I think the Colts and the Titans rivalry in the AFC South is going to get ugly and I think both of those teams are Super Bowl sleepers . I can ' t wait until the Tennessee faithful turn on Peyton ... Laugh all you want , but I think the Browns and Chargers will make some noise too .

If the Bears get Bledsoe they have everything it will take to make it to San Diego , but they will have to go through St . Louis . The Rams just bring too much back but there is something I cant put my finger on that I think will keep them from ever being a great team ... maybe it ' s the fact I think they rely on playERS and not on the team concept ( as my Patriots proved ).

So if I were a betting man I ' d say ...

Colts over the Rams .

I wouldnt mind seeing the Titans make it back too .

RTR

BamaDevO

All-SEC
Jun 13, 2000
Atlanta, Ga.
Whew !
I am really doubting the Colts get there .
Not that I am flaming , but they just can ' t seem to put it all together .
Until they are able to do it I have to be a Skeptic .
The Titans should challenge the Steelers with the winner going .
In the NFC , any of the following ....
Bears , Rams , 49ers , Bucs ( yes , I said Bucs ), Eagles .

bilbo@work

All-SEC
Dec 9, 1999
atlanta, ga
Interesting choices .
Colts - Until they get a defense to match their offense like the Rams did I see them continuing their struggling ways .
Rams - NFC is theirs to lose but the Bears match up nicely and they play team ball like the Pats .
Pats - Just don ' t see them repeating this Cinderella story but I ' ve been wrong before .
Steelers - AFC is theirs to lose IMHO .
Raiders - will give the Steelers a run for their $ in the AFC and just fall short .
Seahwaks - as much as I ' d LOVE them to go to the Super Bowl , they need a QB .
Eagles - can ' t really give y ' all a good reason as to why they don ' t make it to the super bowl , just a gut feeling . thay certainly have all the tools .
Titans - good pick . see my comments above for the Eagles .
Cowboys - are you smoking crack ?
49ers - another good pick . I just don ' t think Garcia is that good of a QB and Owens needs to shut his mouth .
Vikings - if they just quit their bitching , this team could be good . they also need a better defense .
Miami - depending on what they do in the free agent market , this team could be very good .

So , I see it as the Bears vs . the Steelers with my Bears winning it all !

------------------
"Despite all the hardship and distractions, Dennis Franchione appears to have Alabama heading in the right direction on all sides of the ledger -- including style and class."-Paul Finebaum

BamaDevO

All-SEC
Jun 13, 2000
Atlanta, Ga.
I like your pick of my Bears winning it all .
It would be great if we could add a passing game to our " D " and " A - train "!
I think if we can move the ball in the air when someone stacks the line we most definately can get to the Big Game !

PlayerUA

All-SEC
Apr 1, 2000
Huntsville, Alabama
I put that much faith in Coach Dungy . The offensive staff remained complete and with his defensive mind I think the Colts are going to be a scary team to watch over the next few years .

RTR

BamaDevO

All-SEC
Jun 13, 2000
Atlanta, Ga.
I do not doubt his defensive prowess .
I was talking about next year however , and I think it will take him a few years to get the " D " where he wants it .
However , in a few years is the offense going to start bogging down just as TB has ?

bilbo@work

All-SEC
Dec 9, 1999
atlanta, ga
I can ' t see Dungy ' s O in Indy going the way of the Buc ' s offense . He already has Manning , James , Pollard , and others that know how to put points on the board . Like the Rams , Indy needs to find a way to keep all of them on the payroll . Thing Dungy must focus on is the D . They are just not very good . They need to dump some dead weight and spend some $ in the off season and draft well much as the Bears ( knew I had to get them in sometime ? hehe ) have done . THEN , the Colts will be a team to be feared . I say 2 - 3 years , not this season . JMHO .

------------------

BamaDevO

All-SEC
Jun 13, 2000
Atlanta, Ga.
Just stirring the pot a little ....

Tampa has Dunn , Keyshawn , and Brad Johnson who has moved the ball with other teams ...

I think Dungy worries so much about stopping people that he doesn ' t have enough time to work with the offense .
I will be surprised if he doesn ' t tinker with the Colts offense to make them hold onto the ball a little better .
This will slow them down IMHO .

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
I think part of the deal for Dungy to get that job was to keep the offensive staff , mainly the cordinator . I think theve coached together before at minnasota . I ' ll be surprised if he does anything to mess with the offense . In his meetings Im sure Polian gave pretty specific instructions about how to come into Indy and coach , and the main thing is to dont come in and screw with the offense . That being said , I think its a great hire . I agree , I think thats a team to look out for . If Dungy can make that defense anything like Miami ' s or the Steelers , they might win the AFC . I think its to early to tell . Roll Tide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.