A Long list of Qb's for 2003

taylor

Oct 23, 2001
tuscaloosa
A list of Qb's from around the south, not sure how many are looking at Bama.
Quarterback
James Adamo, 6-3, 220, 4.7, Zephyrhills, Fla.
Jimmy Barthmier, 6-4, 210, 4.7, Roswell, Ga.
Omar Conner, 6-2, 190, 4.7, Noxubee,Miss.
Cliff Davis, 6-4, 210, 4.75, Eupora, Miss.
Matt Flynn, 6-3.220,4.6,Lee HS, Tyler, TX, Clay Harrelson, 6-2, 185, 4.5 B.Russell,Ala
Josh Greco, 6-3, 195,?? Naples, Fla Justin Henry, 6-3, 200, 4.7, Vicksbourgh,
Kyle Herbert, 6-2, 200, 4.6, Baton Rouge, La.
Robert Lane, 6-3, 215, 4.55, Neville-Monroe,
Aaron Lindsey, 6-4, 190, 4.6, LaFayette, Fla.
Pete Martinson, 6-4, 215, 4.65, Dwyer-Palm
Kelcy Mckissic, 6-1, 196, 4.5, Phenix City Justin Midgett, 6-3, 195, 4.65,Punta Gorda.
Blake Mitchell, 6-4, 185, 4.6, LaGrange, Ga.
Steven Moffett, 6-4, 190, 4.6, Winter Park, Fla.
Cole Peace, 5-11,210,??, Cedar Bluff, Al.
Eric Priester, 6-5, 215,??,Fairfax, S.C.
Matthew Rich, 6-3, 185, 4.6, S Forsyth, Ga.
Zach Richardson, 6-4, 210,4.7,Lassiter County, Ga.
Jamarcus Russell, 6-4, 220, 4.6, Williamson-Mobile, Ala.
Jake Tompkins,6-1, 200, 4.7, Russellville,
Dustin Wade,6-2,190,4.9, Lilburn, GA, Devin Williams,6-4,190,4.6,Arlington, Tex.
Andre Woodson,6-5,215,4.65,-E'town, Ky.
Jeremy Young,6-4,185,4.6,Jackson, Miss.

TampaJim

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 1999
Tampa, FL, USA
From what I gather, the list of QBs is actually pretty short. My understanding is that the top candidates are:

1. Matt Flynn, Tyler, TX (former teammate of Grant Dickey; considered one of top QBs in Texas)

2. Roger Heinz, Tallahassee, FL (camping at Alabama this weekend)

3. Cole Peace, Cedar Bluff - generally considered by our staff to be top in-state QB.

Kelcey Luke may be recruited as a QB and may be given a legitimate shot at playing there. In the end, however, most believe that he projects as a WR/S. At this point, we just need to sign him (great kid, great family, probably best athlete of family).

One other note. We would love to sign Jemarcus Russell, but we won't. Rumors are that Jemarcus' "uncle", a Mobile radio personality, is acting as Jemarcus' agent, and that, while he likes Coach Fran as a person, he thinks the Alabama offense is not the best for Jemarcus' skills. To be frank, the uncle may be right.

My best guess at this point is that Jemarcus will end up at FSU, Florida, LSU, UT or Auburn. It is important to note, however, that LSU, UF and UT appear to be in line to sign some other top national QB prospects (Robert Lane = LSU, Chris Leak = UT).

I hope this helps.

JRW

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
I have read where Matt Flynn has Bama listed in his top four choices. Bama has already offered Flynn and Russell scholarships. Russell seems to be a long shot. My best guess is that Bama would probably take any two of the following five QBs listed below in my order of preference.

Matt Flynn, 6-3, 220,4.6, Tyler, TX

Jamarcus Russell, 6-4, 220, 4.6, Mobile, AL

Jake Tompkins,6-2, 205, 4.5, Russellville,AL

Kelcy Mckissic, 6-1, 196, 4.5, Phenix City, AL will probably offer as a WR or DB.

Cole Peace, 6-1, 210, 4.7, Cedar Bluff, AL

This is just a wag on my part.

kiki_da_poet

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 2, 2001
Matthews, NC, USA
I am praying and crossing every appendage I have that chris Leak does not go to UT. Independence High School (Charlotte/Mint Hill) is walking distance from my house and he is the best QB I have ever seen as a prep player.. He is awesome and unless you pressure him incessantly he will pick you apart.. as a soph and a Jr. he led his team to the state title in NC. From what I hear he actually likes the Florida schools... especially Florida.. He will be watching them with interest this year..

Anyway, I hope he doesn't go to UT.

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Matt Flynn is listed in this USA Today article from back in April entitled "An early look: Six golden nugget quarterbacks" He has since listed Bama as one of his top choices. Matt Flynn (6-3, 218, 4.55) of Tyler Lee, Texas, may not have had the junior stats that other quarterbacks might have had, but potentially, he still may be one of the best quarterback prospects in the country. It would be great to get a top six QB and a top six WR in Chad Jackson. Bama is prospecting for gold. Roll Tide!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/recruiting/2002-04-12-maxcol.htm

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Kiki da Poet I read this on ESPN recruiting by Tom Lemming. He agrees with you. He said "I believe [Chris Leak is] the No. 1 player in the country. As of today, I've not seen anyone better. He's got great poise, arm strength, leadership skills and all the intangibles needed to be a star at the next level. I believe it's way too early to say that Tennessee is going to get him. Chris will wait until the last minute, and as we know, nine months in recruiting is like a lifetime."
-- Recruiting analyst Tom Lemming
May 23 chat wrap:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.