2 more UA signees drop from game, bringing total to 7

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Let me preface this by saying I have no idea as to the academic status of any signees or whether or not a signee will qualify this summer. I do hope some of these guys are able to do what it takes this summer to qualify.

From the article below it looks like the writing is on the wall considering three of Alabama's signees Ezekial Knight, Kevin Hamilton, and Jeramie Holifield didn't qualify academically for the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star football game on June 5th.

2 more UA signees drop from game, bringing total to 7

Here is the original Alabama roster without any corrections.

OFFENSIVE LINEMEN: Brandon Stabler, Clarke County, Chester Adams, Luverne; Antoine Caldwell, Lee-Montgomery; Nate McManus, Mountain Brook; Jason Bosley, Grissom; Cody Davis, Hillcrest-Tuscaloosa, Marcuis Robinson, Williamson.

QUARTERBACKS: Patrick White, Daphne; John Parker Wilson, Hoover.

RUNNING BACKS: Aaron Johns, Thomasville; Brandon Thornton, Homewood; Markus Manson, Hillcrest-Tuscaloosa; La’Donte Harris, Litchfield.

WIDE RECEIVERS: Joe Jones, Mountain Brook; Xavier Jackson, Parker; Ezekial Knight, Randolph County; Nikita Stover, Hartselle, Marcel Stamps, Brantley.

PUNTER/KICKER: Jason Grammer, Vestavia Hills.

DEFENSIVE BACKS: Jeremy Gray, Opelika; Simeon Castille, Briarwood Christian; Travis Robinson, Hillcrest-Tuscaloosa; Derius McClure, Minor; Marcus Carter, Fort Payne.

DEFENSIVE ENDS: Travis McCall, Prattville; Jeremie Holifield, Hoover; Davarius Draper, Courtland; Tony Bell, Thompson.

LINEBACKERS: Curtis Dawson, Hoover; Dustin Lindsey, Davidson; James Johnson, Litchfield.

DEFENSIVE LINEMEN: Justin Britt, Cullman; Kevin Hamilton, Prattville; Jacquez McKissic, Opelika; James Galloway, Central-Phenix City; Alphonso Johnson, Jeff Davis.

Alabama football all-star squad named

The AHSAA.com site has not updated the game info for this year yet. But here is some good historical info if you want to check it out.

Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Classic

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Seven University of Alabama signees have pulled out of the June 5 Alabama-Mississippi All-Star football game, but one signee said that no Crimson Tide coaches have anything to do with the withdrawals.

Simeon Castille, a standout defensive back from Briarwood Christian, pulled out of the game recently due to a hamstring injury.

"I pulled it the week before the state track meet (held on April 30-May 1)," Castille said. "It's been bothering me since then."

Castille's older brother, Tim, a running back at Alabama, played in the game last year. Simeon said he was looking forward to the game.

"I probably could have been ready by June 1," Castille said. "I didn't think it was worth it to keep pushing it and have it hurt worse. I wanted to relax, work out and rehab before I get to Alabama in July."

Castille said he wanted to try to take classes in the second summer session at Alabama. He said that Crimson Tide coaches did not persuade him to pull out of the game.

"They asked me if I was going to play, and I said yes," Castille said. "This was before I got hurt. They said to have fun and `it was an honor to be chosen to play.' If anything, they were excited for me."

Castille: Injury caused his pull out from all-star game, not UA coaches

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
The good news is that 10 Bama signees remain in the game and Nikita Stover is one of them.

They are offensive linemen Cody Davis, B.J. Stabler, Antoine Caldwell, running back Aaron Johns, defensive end Travis McCall, wide receivers Nikita Stover and Marcel Stamps, and defensive backs Travis Robinson, Marcus Carter and Aaron McDaniel.

Castille: Injury caused his pull out from all-star game, not UA coaches

[This message has been edited by Crimson Surfer (edited 05-17-2004).]

RollTide85

Scout Team
Jan 30, 2004
Its good to know that Stover will able to play in the game. I understand he still has to pass the ACT but its good to know that his class work went well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.