Calif QB likes Tide, possible top team

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
Jimmy Barnes of Los Alamitos, CA is being recruited by all top schools. He has made the decision to go out of state. His top 5 and in his order are Bama, Miami, North Carolina State, Notre Dame and CSU.

He plans to visit Tuscaloosa on June 17th. His father has talked with Mike Shula at length and believes he is the one who will rebuild Alabama Football.

This would be a huge pick up for this program.

Nation's Top 6 QB

Air Bama

Scout Team
Jan 29, 2004
lake mary, fl, usa
I think CMS himself is all over this kid. From reading the comments his father made, he has had quite a few conversations w/ Mike. CMS has fostered a very solid relationship with Jimmy's family, you can bet on that!!

crimsonoldtimer

3rd Team
Jan 21, 2003
Mobile, Al.
It would be great to land this QB! I also like the fact that we are now being considered by out of state players. I know we need to win the home front in recruiting. But it doesn't hurt if we can start getting some top players from around the country.

Ozarkbamafreak

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 19, 2003
Ozark, Al. USA
Hey "The Tide",
How would you say that this guy rates with the other great QBs in Cali this year.

[This message has been edited by Ozarkbamafreak (edited 06-03-2004).]

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Jimmy Barnes is a top QB prospect nationally for 2005. And right now his favorite is Alabama. He is high on the Tide.

Just look at his College choices list in his profile and you will know he is a top QB prospect.

Alabama
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado
Colorado State
Florida
Miami
Michigan
Notre Dame

Jimmy Barnes profile

Here is some info on Barnes from a Notre Dame site that was posted on May 10th.

California QB Jim Barnes and WR Jeremy Childs

Both of these standouts play at Los Alamitos High, under Coach John Barnes, who is also Jim's father. The Irish are showing a strong interest in both prospects. Jim, for hi part, has already shown the Irish coaches a bit of what he can do.

"He was at their camp last summer and won the quarterback contest," Barnes told me. "Jim would love to go to Notre Dame."

-Travis Donnelly of IRISH TODAY.

That would mean that Barnes won the QB contest at the Notre Dame summer camp last year after his sophmore year. Pretty impressive.

Irish Today News archive

Here is an article from the LA Times with a blurb way down the article about Los Alamitos with some Jimmy Barnes info from early last year

Los Alamitos 37, La Habra 7
Quarterback Jimmy Barnes had a breakout game in his young career and Los Alamitos dominated all phases at Veterans Stadium in Long Beach.

Barnes, a junior, completed 28 of 46 passes for 267 yards and two touchdowns. He also rushed for a touchdown. His favorite targets were Orlando Scandrick, who had nine catches for 96 yards and two touchdowns, and Jeremy Childs, who caught eight passes for 53 yards.

In three previous games this season, Barnes had completed 36 of 66 passes for 580 yards. The victory was a statement of sorts for Los Alamitos, the defending Division I champion, which narrowly defeated La Habra last year, 24-20.

LA Times article with Jimmy Barners info

Here is another article with a little blurb about Jimmy Barnes.

Los Alamitos (11-2), ranked 11th in the country by USA Today, sent the game into overtime by driving 68 yards in two plays to score with 1:52 remaining on a 48-yard pass from Jimmy Barnes to Brian Gordon.

NFLHS.com article

[This message has been edited by Crimson Surfer (edited 06-03-2004).]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.