Somebody please give me some good news!

MUSSO

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 9, 2001
Tallahassee, FL
Does anyone know how we are doing with Jackson, Swain, Caddell, and any other top flight WRs??? Our depth and quality is already deficient this year, and we lose more WRs to graduation after this season. With two excellent strong-armed QBs waiting to take over next season, if not this season, WE MUST GET SOME QUALITY WRs!!

Somebody, give me some news!

[This message has been edited by MUSSO (edited August 30, 2002).]

RollTider82

1st Team
Jun 18, 2002
Tuscaloosa(Heaven), AL
Not too much has happened as of late with the big 3. After the tsdtr camp a few weeks ago, agbarn reportedly pulled even with us on the recruitment of Caddell, which basically means it was, and still is, a 2 team race.

In regard to the other two, Swain will either end up at Bama or UT, according to a lot of the experts. I think we have the best shot to get him, but I am going off what other people(mostly at bamaonline.com) have said. There is a group over there that is very opinionated on Jackson. They believe he is coming to Bama. The reason is that 1- all the florida schools are a long way from Hoover, and 2- if he does stay in state, its pretty much a one team race. The prevailing opinion is that Jackson will stay in state. Unless Auburn makes up a lot of ground with him, he will probably end up at Bama if he stays in state. I'm not sure I agree with them that he will not go to a florida school, but they know better than me, I guess.

The general consensus over there is that we will sign two of the three(probably Jackson and Swain, as Caddell has strong tsdtr ties and did not grow up a Bama fan). This will probably be best case, but, hey, anything is possible. Another thing to look at is that tsdtr has some pretty decent receivers and the new guys would have a good chance to start for us right away.

Haven't heard anything lately on Michael Bush from Kentucky either.

------------------
There are more important things in life than Alabama football, but I can count them on one hand.

[This message has been edited by RollTider82 (edited August 30, 2002).]

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
Doesn't look good for Jackson. And we are falling quickly on Bush's list. I don't have all my info at work so that's the best I can do.

We need to show the recruits that we will pass to get them to commit.

------------------
"I made up my own mind, but my dad gave me a little advice," Tim Castille said. "He played at the school 20 years ago. He told me, ‘You see treatment I’ve received and how much they love me. If you and some other guys help turn the program around, people at Alabama will love you the same way.’

"I’ve been able to see the way people love him in this state because of the way he played football. That really helped me make my decision."

MUSSO

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 9, 2001
Tallahassee, FL
We need to show the recruits that we will pass to get them to commit.

I agree, but it is difficult to do that when we don't have many quality WRs! I sure hope that the recruits don't buy into the myth that Fran only likes to run. Give him a Brodie Croyle and Spencer Pennington with some quality WRs and he'll pass all day long!!

MUSSO

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 9, 2001
Tallahassee, FL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TiderinVA:
If none of those 3 sign with Bama (unfortunately a real possibility) would you be willing to sign a juco if he was REALLY good? I would say yes, but no more than one.</font>
i guess so, but like u said, no more than one ... heck, i don't know, if our numbers are so low, we may need to sign more than one Juco WR ... all i know is that we need some WRs for the Brodie and Spencer show!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.