Great timing for rebuild?

CrazyBamaMan

1st Team
Sep 17, 2002
Duluth, GA.
tidefans.com
Gotta quick question about the next season.
Do you think we are going to struggle replacing our D line and O line linemen?
I think next year is going to be a perfect year for it. Since we haven't a chance for a bowl game we can throw some new linemen to learn the ropes and come out strong the next year when we can go for a bowl game.What do you think?
Also do you think we should give Bolden another chance or just keep in peprah? I say keep him in.
I don't think we'll have a problem with our Qb or Rb in the future. We have some awesome potential in our 2002 signees.
I'm glad we have a week off do get rested up for the homecoming game. I think it will help us out alot. Got a tough schedule ahead but I say if we beat Tenn. and Auburn I can die a happy man. Well tell me what you think

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
Odom is going to be a qb terror next year. He IMO, is our best pass rusher, he just seems to grab the face mask a little too much. We also have Loescher, Bryant, Childress, Bates, and Kyle Tatum coming back on the dl. How is Tatum doing anyhow? I assume we red shirted him? Bolden plays with a lot of heart, but he just isn't that good. I think Charlie will start, but Bolden will continue to get some snaps. I think our o-line will still be strong next year, I think it will hurt us most replacing Ephraim. RTR

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL
I don't see us dropping much next year, in fact I have said for a while that we could be better next year. Here's why:

* DLine - We lose KK, KM, and JJ, but we return:

NML, AO, TB, AC, AB and add Jeremy Clark, Kyle Tatum, Chris Harris and Taylor Britt.

We drop some here but we don't crater. The improvement in other areas will offset any dip here IMO. We should also sign A. Grace, D. Lee and Chris Browder (again). A lot of people are confident that Browder will make his ACT score to get eligible. That gives us outstanding depth again and we should still be able to play 9 Dlinemen and redshirt at least a couple of the new guys.

* LB - whoo hoo, we lose NO ONE! Brooks Daniels, Cornelius Wortham and Derrick Pope will be seniors; Mark Anderson, Demeco Ryans and Freddie Roach will be sophs. Only BD and CW had played major college football before the year, the future is very bright here. Also, rover Juwan Garth is tearing up the scout team, Juke King looked good in the spring and we will probably bring in 2-3 more LB's in this class.

* DB - Losing Dixon, Bacon and Bolden. Dixon and Bacon start. We return Peprah (future star) Madison (solid already) R. Harper, C. Jones, C. Andrews, D. Scott, Chris James (playing more each week) and add Ramzee Robinson (future star IMO) and recruits Parrish, Felder, Gray. All these RS frosh will be much better next year. Big improvement here next year IMO.

Offense:

QB: Brodie, say no more

RB: All the current backs return and we add Darby and possibly Castille (he may redshirt).

FB: Moose McClain and Leron McClain; me likey!

WR: We only lose Collins but AC will be back, that's an improvement IMO. Now, if we sign some of the big 3!

OL: We lose A. Ephraim and M. Portis but return the other 3 starters and should get D. Ellington and A. Herrion back. One of those guys will start at G and Closner showed in the Arkie game that he is a more than adequate center. The line will be outstanding.

I personally feel very good about next year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.