Ernest Nance ready to wear Crimson

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
The 6-foot-2, 205-pound speedster has worked hard this summer in hopes of reporting to Alabama in January. “I’m doing good. I’ve been working out and trying to get my knee back to normal,” he said. “Right now, I’m about 85% of where I need to be. I have full mobility, but I’m not fully back yet. I still need another couple months.”

“The plan is not for me to play this upcoming spring,” he said. “I’ll still be working on getting my knee back to 100%. Since I didn’t enroll, I still have my redshirt year and the plan is for me to redshirt next year.”

http://al.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=135513

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
Question?? Will his scholarship be from this year or are we using 1 of the 18 of next year?

[This message has been edited by The Tide (edited October 20, 2002).]

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The Tide:
Question?? Will his scholarship be from this year or are we using 1 of the 18 of next year?

[This message has been edited by The Tide (edited October 20, 2002).]
</font>
He is one of 18 from this coming class ('03).

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
That sucks. The only problem I have had with Fran is only signing 15 recruits. Yeah you can tell me about how there are always academic casulties and how the NCAA made some shy away, but you can't afford to be wrong when you only have 17 scholarships to give. Everyone talked about how he only recruited academic safe players, not true.

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL
That sucks. The only problem I have had with Fran is only signing 15 recruits. Yeah you can tell me about how there are always academic casulties and how the NCAA made some shy away, but you can't afford to be wrong when you only have 17 scholarships to give. Everyone talked about how he only recruited academic safe players, not true. </font>

Actually, we have 18 scholly's to give this year. In sports today, unfortunately, you have to recruit kids that are borderline. That is what over-signing is for though. There will be some EXCELLENT athletes that want to go to Bama but their academic status will not be known until signing day or later. That's just the way of the world. Fran COULD sign only sure things (academically) if he were at Vandy, but he is not.

Bama will probably sign 20-21 kids (for 18 slots) this year expecting some to not make it. Blueshirts are also a possibility if more than 18 of the signees makes the grade. Not to worry, this class is going to be GREAT!

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BamaKam:

Actually, we have 18 scholly's to give this year. In sports today, unfortunately, you have to recruit kids that are borderline. That is what over-signing is for though. There will be some EXCELLENT athletes that want to go to Bama but their academic status will not be known until signing day or later. That's just the way of the world. Fran COULD sign only sure things (academically) if he were at Vandy, but he is not.

Bama will probably sign 20-21 kids (for 18 slots) this year expecting some to not make it. Blueshirts are also a possibility if more than 18 of the signees makes the grade. Not to worry, this class is going to be GREAT!
</font>

Thanks for the info. I was referrin gto the last recruiting class. When we had to and could only sign 17 we signed 15. Not good.

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL

Thanks for the info. I was referrin gto the last recruiting class. When we had to and could only sign 17 we signed 15. Not good.
</font>
We added Marcus McKnight and gave the 17th scholly to Taylor Britt (xfer from UAB) so we did actually sign 17. It was not the greatest recruiting year in regards to bluechips, but I believe that we got a pretty good haul.

Lightly regarded LB Demeco Ryans is practically a co-starter at SLB this year and plays more each game, I love what he brings.

Moose McClain was going to be a blueshirt but signed when Browder/Nance did not wind up making it. He is our starting FB and has been a lifesaver for the team. He too has improved each game and plastered some Ole Miss defenders while blocking last week. He could stay at FB, or play TE, MLB or DE in time.

Ramzee Robinson and Ken Darby are the "Butler Boys" from Butler HS in Huntsville. Both are doing GREAT on the scout team and in practice and both are physically mature kids. Ramzee benches nearly 400 lbs at only 175 lbs and is expected to be a fine CB next season. Ken Darby weighs around 200 lbs and is already benching 400+ lbs! He has really impressed as a runner and all around back.

Jeremy Clark and Kyle Tatum are considered to be ready to play right now (travelling redshirts along with Darby and C. Harris)and would play if we didn't have the depth we enjoy or the sanctions we hate coming up. They will both be big contributors next year. Clark is a DT and Tatum a DE possible DT.

Chris Harris has bulked up (he looks good on the sidelines) and is a speed rusher in the mold of Todd Bates and NML. He should play at 245-255 next year. Great first step.

Brandon Avalos is the QB that we brought in. Nebraska wanted him badly. He has great feet (played WR until his Jr. year) and will look amazing running the option in a few years, he also has an excellent arm.

Anyway, while short on numbers, the quality of the class looks good so far. And the quality of the '03 class will be top 15 in the nation, even though we only sign 18.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.