Auburn Recruiting?

Patently Bama

3rd Team
Aug 1, 2002
Woodbridge, Virginia
Does the fact that Tubby has finally agreed to a contract extension and to stay at Auburn give their recruiting a boost? Does it potentially turn the heads of any of the recruits we are pushing to pick-up with our final slots?

Auburn Recruiting? Isn't that an oxymoron? In all seriousness, I doubt it will boost them that much. This whole 2 weeks has given recruits a look at an unhappy man in a forced situation. He will not be in Auburn when/if they graduate. It has been compared to Ark/Nutt and I can see both sides getting fed up with it if not next year the next.

JAXFLBAMAFAN

All-SEC
Nov 30, 1999
Jacksonville FL
Bama fans should have learned by now not to underestimate Tubbs. I will be very surprised if he doesn't pull through with a decent class. Maybe not top 10, but a strong class that meets his needs. Tubbs has not missed on a bet yet; I sure wouldn't play cards with him.

Bama fans should have learned by now not to underestimate Tubbs. I will be very surprised if he doesn't pull through with a decent class. Maybe not top 10, but a strong class that meets his needs. Tubbs has not missed on a bet yet; I sure wouldn't play cards with him.
I don't know people are so giddy over recruiting right now anyway. Auburn has traditionally not gotten a lot of instate kids to begin although if Dee Finley does end up going to UF that will hurt. Auburn always gets their share of kids from AL, GA, FL, & TN. They will fill the needs. All I was saying is why would a kid believe Tubbs when it is obvious he doesn't want to be in Barnville?

coosajimmy

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 5, 2006
Check their freshmen offensive line this year.We struggle to find players !

bama peach

1st Team
Nov 1, 2003
cartersville, ga, usa
I, for one, was probably one of the few who really wanted Tubby to leave the Barn. As a person, I can't stand him, but as a coach, I have to respect him. I have nightmares of him holding up six fingers next year in the process of maybe going 9-11 game season. I just hope that Lowder and the powers that be get rid of him ASAP.

BoomShakaLaka

Scout Team
Nov 27, 2007
The only recruits that the barn is worrying me with instate are Harris and McClain. I feel like Green and Harbin are UA-UF battles. I think Saban gets at least two out of these four in the end and there's a very good chance he gets them all.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
When looking at the recruiting numbers its important to keep in mind that we are losing to Auburn because of four factors related to recruiting and the stars aren't it,

#1 - Auburn was able to pick and choose higher character players because they were not desperate and on probation, the star ratings do not take into account grades or character.

#2 - Auburn has retained more of those players

#3 - Auburn kept those players in the same system over time.

#4 - Auburn coached up their players better

These 4 factors are what Nick Saban is being paid 4 mill to fix. If he does that, we will begin to take down Auburn, if Saban can add a bunch of 5* players on top of all that, he will dominate Auburn, which in turn will have them ready to fire Tubby. I'm guessing they will not tolerate two losses in a row to Alabama before he gets the ax so when the first win comes, I think the clock is ticking on his career, If he wins the following year he'll be ok, but if he loses two in a row you can put a fork in him, they have grown fat and happy on beating Alabama and they won't go back willingly.

BamaCod

1st Team
Nov 18, 2004
Madison, AL
When looking at the recruiting numbers its important to keep in mind that we are losing to Auburn because of four factors related to recruiting and the stars aren't it,

#1 - Auburn was able to pick and choose higher character players because they were not desperate and on probation, the star ratings do not take into account grades or character.

#2 - Auburn has retained more of those players

#3 - Auburn kept those players in the same system over time.

#4 - Auburn coached up their players better

These 4 factors are what Nick Saban is being paid 4 mill to fix. If he does that, we will begin to take down Auburn, if Saban can add a bunch of 5* players on top of all that, he will dominate Auburn, which in turn will have them ready to fire Tubby. I'm guessing they will not tolerate two losses in a row to Alabama before he gets the ax so when the first win comes, I think the clock is ticking on his career, If he wins the following year he'll be ok, but if he loses two in a row you can put a fork in him, they have grown fat and happy on beating Alabama and they won't go back willingly.
Bingo! Good post . . .

LTBamaFan

1st Team
Jul 31, 2002
Elmore, Al.
Don't write off the Barner's recruiting yet. They always get a lot of last minute commits. Besides, the Minister has not hit the recruiting trail yet. :rolleye2:

RunBamaRun

1st Team
Jun 7, 2006
Tubby is a good recruiter but he has thrived on Bama's problems the past few years. He has gotten some great recruits out of Alabama that normally would have been ours (no longer gonna happen) and some, that just wouldn't go to the barn, went out of state. Even the ones that went out of state helped the aubies by not coming to Bama.
Tubby will still get some good recruits but he won't be able to hang with a stable, united and strong Bama program. Bama's recruiting is only gonna get even BETTER!!!!
Tubby will be gone by the end of 2010......either on his own or ran out. Without the huge buyout he would already have been gone.

RTR

CrimsonBleedRed

All-American
Nov 24, 2007
United States
Tubby is a good recruiter but he has thrived on Bama's problems the past few years. He has gotten some great recruits out of Alabama that normally would have been ours (no longer gonna happen) and some, that just wouldn't go to the barn, went out of state. Even the ones that went out of state helped the aubies by not coming to Bama.
Tubby will still get some good recruits but he won't be able to hang with a stable, united and strong Bama program. Bama's recruiting is only gonna get even BETTER!!!!
Tubby will be gone by the end of 2010......either on his own or ran out. Without the huge buyout he would already have been gone.

RTR
Personally, I think Tuberville will be from Auburn before 2010, especially if Alabama beats him next yr.

five0

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 20, 2004
Don't write off the Barner's recruiting yet. They always get a lot of last minute commits. Besides, the Minister has not hit the recruiting trail yet. :rolleye2:
i think chette's contribution ended when nick saban was hired.:rolleyes:

BamaSkins

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Brookside, Al, USA
I agree with all who say tubby won't survive the length of his contract...the football world is about to re-tilt it's axis from barnville to Tide-land...this thing is about to change quickly...tubby can't survive losing (I say three in a row) to Bama, just like no Bama coach will survive losing to the barn...shula is the only Bama coach to survive losing more than three in a row to the barn...anyway I didn't want tubby to leave on his own...I want Bama to run him off, we owe him big time, I want to see the press conference when he's fired!

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
Does the fact that Tubby has finally agreed to a contract extension and to stay at Auburn give their recruiting a boost? Does it potentially turn the heads of any of the recruits we are pushing to pick-up with our final slots?
I think the news that Tubby is staying will hurt Auburn's recruiting. He was the "big guy" in the state during our "probation & coaching carousel" era, but that's is over. I think the barn's offering Tubbs an extension says a lot about how little football means to them. But, on another note, the fact that Lowder's power, influence, and meddling has obviously dwindled (didn't have the clout to push tubby out the door), could be seen as a positive down there. We'll have to wait and see if there is a total meltdown, or if they can stay respectable. What we don't need, is for their program to take a total dive. We have to play them every year and don't need them to hurt our strength of schedule.

Bama1970

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2007
Lucedale, Ms
I think the news that Tubby is staying will hurt Auburn's recruiting. He was the "big guy" in the state during our "probation & coaching carousel" era, but that's is over. I think the barn's offering Tubbs an extension says a lot about how little football means to them. But, on another note, the fact that Lowder's power, influence, and meddling has obviously dwindled (didn't have the clout to push tubby out the door), could be seen as a positive down there. We'll have to wait and see if there is a total meltdown, or if they can stay respectable. What we don't need, is for their program to take a total dive. We have to play them every year and don't need them to hurt our strength of schedule.

Speak for yourself. If they never win another game, it'd be fine with me.

Bama1970

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2007
Lucedale, Ms
I'm thinking we should beat them once before planning Ear's funeral. Just once would be nice.
We will. Tubbs came to the Barn at the perfect time, in regards to Bama's football problems. You can believe that under normal circumstances, this streak would have never happened. You can also believe that Tubbs and every Barn fan knows this also. They would never admit it, of course, but they know it. I for one would have loved to have seen him come in at the same time CGS came to Bama. But nothing can change the past. Tubbs benefited, has won 6 straight, but the Tide is turning. It's up to the current players to get tired of this streak and do something about it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.