LISTEN BAMA FANS!!!!!!

uachris

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 18, 2001
mobile alabama
Whether you want to admit it or not. We still have a team with lots of potential. If you really follow basketball. You will know that sometimes these things happen and there is just nothing you can say or anyway you can coach it to make it better. It has to be some sort of spark on the court.I bet it happens next week. We will win our game next week against the barn and go undeafeated the next week. We are playing extremely hard and it will work out. You mark it down. We will win our remaining four home games. Just say we lose three out of four of our road games(we will beat UT) we end up 18-9 overall and 8-9 in conference play. We will need two wins in the SEC tourney to guarantee we get a bid to the NCAA tourney. We could get away with one win. I think it happens. This team will turn this around. If it was a lack of effort I would be all over them. But it is not!!! They are playing hard. The easy shots, tough shots, lay-ups, I mean nothing seems to fall for us. I played basketball and had a similar thing happen when I played. Then one game, one of my teammates hit two straight three's and the flood gates opened. Imagine how frustrated and unhappy you are. Then multiply it by 3000. That's how our team feels. Quit putting them down and let the season play out. It will happen. Keep the faith!!!

[This message has been edited by LEROYBEARS (edited February 08, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by LEROYBEARS (edited February 08, 2003).]

elizabama

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2003
elizabethton,tn.usa
I like your attitude LEROYBEARS,it's nice to see fans that still care!I'll keep the faith with ya!

------------------
"I don't care what your last coach promised you! were gonna work now!"//
"Can't let'em in!" (George Teague"92")

FortyYearFan

1st Team
Jan 2, 2003
No question, Leroy. There is potential there. After all, this is the SAME team, with the exception of Grizzard, that won the SEC last year. In addition to having a team with more experience, I can see the talent that Winston and Williams bring to the program.

The operative word that comes to mind about this year's offense is "CLUNK" (the sound of yet another errant shot bouncing off the rim). Thus far, they just cannot get a break or a streak shooting the ball. If and when they do, I can see them breaking out.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed!

RTR

B

BamaJ

I'm behind the team 100%, but I can't help but see that they let that #1 ranking go to their heads and other teams have taken advantage of that. Maybe they will turn it around. I KNOW they CAN, but the question is, WILL they??? I don't know. And Leroy, I hate to argue with you, but it IS a lack of effort. These kids just run close to the basket and just throw the ball toward the hole. If it falls, it falls. If not, we'll waddle on down here and play some defense if a player comes toward us. Oh, will go over and double team this guy that isn't so good, while leaving Larry Bird over here open for the 3. I'm no basketball expert, but I've watched enough to know that these kids don't WANT it. If you don't see that, you need to take off the crimson colored glasses, have a drink and watch a game. I know this team can overcome the rut they are in, but do they have the mental toughness to get them through it? I don't know. I'll keep watching and cheering and posting my opinions on here. I'm behind this team, don't think I'm not. I just see what I see and I don't see a very good team right now.

BamaJ

------------------

SNASS (both meanings)
Roll Tide Roll!!!

"It ain't the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog."

http://www.xtremebama.homestead.com

uachris

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 18, 2001
mobile alabama
BJ "And Leroy, I hate to argue with you, but it IS a lack of effort"

I still disagree. I have watched every game. Even the ones that weren't on regular TV I have purchased on pay-per-view. It is not a lack of effort!! Maybe they get discouraged, as would anyone, when they play their hearts out and nothing falls for them. So that may slow them down. I know several of these players(from when I was a student at UA) and to say that they don't want it, is STUPID!! They are winners and have always been winners. They aren't used to losing. Why would they show up for two a days at 6:00a.m everyday last week if they didn't want it? Why would they keep coming out there and getting embarrassed on national TV? Why would they take the criticism from people like you? Come on man, support your team. I hate losing more than the next guy. But if you don't see the effort out there, you are missing something.

uachris

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 18, 2001
mobile alabama
BamaJ, I am not trying to start a flame war with you. I respect you opinion. But I just cant see how you are missing the effort these kids are putting out. You can just see the frustration on their faces. They want to win and be successful. RTR and keep the faith!!

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I sure admire your optimism Leroy, but this team is done. Physically, they're a match for anyone, but they're a mental basket case. They have ZERO confidence shooting the ball. They are to the point where they EXPECT to miss. I've been accused of being a PollyAnna on the football board and would love to remain optimistic about the BB team, but there's simpy nothing there to hang your hat on.

TiderinMiss

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2000
Clinton, MS
Tommy, I agree.

This team is so reminiscent of the 2000 football team it isn't funny. They have reached their "Southern Miss" game, and are at the point of no return. I'm not going to get into the finger-pointing and blaming, but the reality is, this team, mentally, has 0 confidence, and while a basketball season is longer, that type of psyche can't be fixed overnight.

There is something horribly wrong with this team and it reeks of an internal problem.

You're not being negative. It's just the horrible reality.

TiderinMiss

------------------
***Winners wear RED. Losers wear ORANGE. Just ask The Tampa Bay Buccaneers!***

*****34-14*****

kfo9494

Suspended
Jun 19, 2001
Gadsden, Alabama
Yes, they do have potential.

Potential to lose the rest of the games this season.

But seriously- It may be time for Gottfried the door. What is his record on the road? Wasn't 1-35 at some point.
You have to admit, that is poor.

B

BamaJ

Leroy - I'm not trying to start a flame war with you either, but the point I'm trying to make is simple. I'll base this on 2 players. Mo Williams and Antoine Pettway. Mo Williams has became greedy with the ball. He'd rather put up a hope and a prayer shot than give the ball up and let someone else try for a shot. These same players, last year, played with intensity. I remember seeing Pettway score a basket and, at mid court, start beating his hands on the floor and getting pumped up. I haven't seen that since maybe the OU game this year. Man, I love this team and I HOPE they win the rest of their games and I know they are capable of it. This "it's just not falling for them" excuse is just that, an excuse. I mean, are the starts lining up wrong for Bama or something? Come on. They aren't making their shots and half the time they are desparation shots they are taking. Why??? That's what I wanna know. They just throw the ball toward the basket and hope it falls in. I've voiced my opinion and this is just what I think. I think, if these players can look at the difference between what they did at the beginning of the season and what they are doing now and get their heads right, someone step up and take charge of this team, we can make some noise this year. But, I really think we may need to steal 2 on the road and win all of our home games. Then, we need to win the SEC Tourney. If we can do that, the sky is the limit for this team. If someone don't step up though, we could very well lose out. I'd almost cry.

BamaJ

------------------

SNASS (both meanings)
Roll Tide Roll!!!

"It ain't the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog."

http://www.xtremebama.homestead.com

Gadfly

Suspended
Jul 27, 2002
Madison, AL
The downfall of Alabama basketball began at the end of last season in the SEC tournament. It continued into the NCAA tournament. Absolutely no intensity what so ever. This BB team is nothing but ugly and painful to watch. I do believe in miracles. Maybe one will happen to this team.

kfo9494

Suspended
Jun 19, 2001
Gadsden, Alabama
Gadfly,
I like your love for the University. But a miracle maybe to get a coach than can coach offense and defense.
Like in Kung Foo " It's time for you to go."
Grasshopper is Gottfried.

doctorgonzo

Jan 16, 2002
Sheffield
aol.com
J, you were preaching to the choir until you called Mo greedy. Maybe you haven't noticed but Maurice Williams is chucking the ball up every time down the court is because he is the only one who can score! I know he is not supposed to shoot as much is he is, but MY GOD! If everyone else cant even make a lay up then what else is he supposed to do? Ya, he could pass it off, but they would just throw up an airball or have it stolen. He's not greedy, he just doesn't trust anyone else to score. And ya know what? They cant!

Leroy, if you think this team is putting forth the effort you are living in a dream world. You can tell the effort of a team by how hard they fight for rebounds. Did you watch the same Florida game I did? There was absolutely no effort to rebound from the weak side and if we did get an offensive rebound we didnt have the aggresiveness to play above the rim and slam the ball home. Instead they would miss 4 put backs in a row.

Bottom line, none of these players trust each other and it shows out on the court. They have absolutely no chance of making the tournament this year. I'll be surprised if we win one more game this season. If you watched this team last week then you know thats just being realistic.

Bama Mac

BamaNation Citizen
May 30, 2000
Montgomery, AL
AMEN, drgonzo.

A team gets zoned all game and gets one or two offensive rebounds the whole game????? With players like Dudley and Walker??????

That is NOT effort.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.