Jim McElwain to Bama. Press conference announcing his decision today

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Re: McElwain Emerges as OC Candidate

Crowton would be another good choice, but I seriously doubt that it'll happen. Maybe Saban is interviewing Bow Toledo, HC at Tulane and former HC at UCLA where they had a real good offense when he was there.

kcin_4_BAMA

RV Moderator
Oct 3, 2005
The Wiregrass

Fwiw, Finebum was on am 560 today in Dothan discussing the search & managed to get a couple jabs in @ CNS.....he was saying that we were obviously not on our 1st couple of choices because it has taken soooooooo long to find a coach. Pot stirring as usual. Guess I should have stopped listening when he said what a splash the Tony Franklin hire was :rolleye2:

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Seriously doubt Crowton even blinks twice about coming here. Why would you want to trade a car that is running fine for one that needs fix'n? Just saying. :conf3::biggrin2:
Totally agree Bb, but one of our LSU posters is going to want to know how the Crowton story stays alive. Well, this Crowton story apparently came from the Fresno Bee and cannot be blamed on anyone from this board.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

The Rutgers OC has withdrawn his name, it looks like this is McElwain's job to lose.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

Crowton would be another good choice, but I seriously doubt that it'll happen. Maybe Saban is interviewing Bow Toledo, HC at Tulane and former HC at UCLA where they had a real good offense when he was there.
Crowton would make a big splash, and would further enrage the LSU faithful, but let's remember that he pretty much had the keys to a Ferrari handed to him. I'd rather get someone with a more recent record of doing more with less.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al

The Rutgers OC has withdrawn his name, it looks like this is McElwain's job to lose.
I wouldn't say that he withdrew his name. Apparently we are interviewing several candidates and he was one. Saban may have told him that they weren't a good fit. The only thing we know is that he is not a candidate any longer.

Tide Tales

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2006
Re: McElwain Emerges as OC Canidiate

No offense to those from Fresno, but Fresno isn't exactly the epicenter of the California lifestyle. The central valley is an agricultural community with Fresno really the primary city in the Fresno/Bakersfield/Modesto area. The cost of living is also dramatically lower than being in the coastal areas. I don't know how it compares to Tuscaloosa costwise but it is substantially lower than the SF or LA areas.
Don't know how-or if-it has "evolved" since I lived in San Jose (left 1995), but Fresno was primary a middle class, hard working, farming community-then. (We had friends who lived there and visited frequently.) As far as California goes, it is not the place folks put on their list of 'top 10 places to visit'. Income (at the time I lived in Bay area) was comparable to T-Town and housing moderately priced-for California. Also gets very hot (but not high humidity like here) in summer months; overall mild weather year round. We always planned visits in spring or fall to avoid "desert-like" heat. (Most homes did not have a.c. due to short duration of heat. -FWIW

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian

Wow. Judging by their poll, they make it sound like the moving van is pulling up at his house. ok with me......

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

McElwain is going to have a press conference tomorrow with Fresno State head coach Pat Hill to discuss the OC position. Moreover, tomorrow is the first ever "Fresno State Football Appreciation Day" in the city of Fresno, and there will be a huge get-together at city hall.

Follow the press conference live tomorrow online at 1550 Sporting News Radio.

You do the math.

I think we can safely move on to the next candidate, whoever that may be.

RollTideRandy

3rd Team
Dec 10, 2001
Newnan, GA

McElwain is going to have a press conference tomorrow with Fresno State head coach Pat Hill to discuss the OC position. Moreover, tomorrow is the first ever "Fresno State Football Appreciation Day" in the city of Fresno, and there will be a huge get-together at city hall.

Follow the press conference live tomorrow online at 1550 Sporting News Radio.

You do the math.

I think we can safely move on to the next candidate, whoever that may be.
This is the second time I have seen this posted, but answer me this question, why call a press conference to announce that nothing is happening? That makes no sense. Should I start calling daily press conferences to announce I'm keeping the job I already have?

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

Maybe they are going to "show their appreciation" by announcing a substantial raise and the fact that he's staying and not losing a valuable asset to that mean ole Crimson Tide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.