Do we really need all those wideouts

Do we? we already got tri luke as the possession receiver for next year, dre fulgham for the deep threat, what else do we need i would love to have action jackson and antonio cromartie as headlining recruits, and Caddell for special teams but do we really need swain? i say forget him and go after a juco like LB Ken Hollis or CB Ced Williams any thoughts fellas? My top four is
1. Action Jackson
2. Ken Hollis
3. Daniel Brooks
4. Matt Caddell or Will Roach

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
Right now, we have a very solid receiving corps for next year. I think all of the wideouts, most will be seniors though. We will have Tri, Dre, Fletcher, Greer, Carter, and Ward. Right now I think our most likely scenario is Jackson and Caddell. Swain is leading Mich. right now, but that could all change. We could also possibly land Robert Meachem from OK who is rated #4 in the land, or Antonio Cromartie from FL wo his rated #2. I think if we will probably redshirt one of the wideouts we land. We may do both, we may not redshirt any, it just depends. If it were a perfect world, I think the best Bama fit would be Jackson as a big time wideout, Caddell as a special teams star, and Cromartie. That would leave one schollie open for a guy like Roach, Brooks, etc. We have our entire linebacking corps returning next year, and are losing some starters in the secondary, so I think Roach would be more likely. RTR

ROLLER

Banned
Mar 3, 2002
Winnersville, AL, USA
I agree with Bo. I still think Swain is more of a Bama lean though. I think Caddell and Jackson are right in there. Roach seems to like Tennessee for some reason. He must doesn't know Bacon is gone.

------------------
The supreme effort is a team effort.

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
Is Caddell the only one that has said Bama is #1? I've heard Chad Jackson is liking Bama more and more every week. Does anyone know when their visits are/were? RTR

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL
We WON'T get Cromartie, he has stated that he is down to the FL schools and he wants to play DB.

We DO need at least 2 receivers, preferably all 3. You mentioned Tri, Dre and we also have Zach and AC back next season. But all of those guys are Sr's next year and we will be down to a WR corps of Thurman Ward, Tarry Givens, Brandon Brooks and Marcus McKnight in '04. We desperately need more impact receivers for Brodie to throw to in '04 and beyond. We don't want to HAVE to play true freshmen or JUCO's in '04. This year is critical for WR's IMO.

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
I really thought we would need a miracle to get Cromartie anyhow. Heard anything about Robert Meachem from OK? I believe he is a cousin of Demeco Ryans. I think Caddell will be a star on special teams, and he has the talent to be a big play wideout too. Like I said Swain is a Mich lean right now, but that's the only place he's visited. Would you rather play in 30 degree weather in the winter, or 50-60 degree weather? Also, I think family will be a big part with him. He is from Huntsville, and T-Town aint far away. I really think we can get Jackson. I didn't think our chances were that good to start, but he has to love seeing us throw the ball more, and Brodie. Maybe Tim can get him over here, they are good friends from what I've heard. RTR

ROLLER

Banned
Mar 3, 2002
Winnersville, AL, USA
Yeah I know Swain has Michigan ahead, but he was high on them after the visit. He could visit let's say Tuscaloosa the weekend we whip Auburn and change his mind totally. Same can be said for Jackson. Bama will more than likely get one of those two or both. If they get both, man!!

Caddell is awesome, but if we only want him for special teams we should look else where. I really like the Meachum guy from the mid-west and Cromartie. If Cromartie wants to play DB he should have committed to Bama a ways ago. We got two seniors starting at corner. HELLO LOL, but those Florida guys have so many options down there.

------------------

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
I also think Caddell can be a star at wideout too. I think if we get both of them, we should redshirt them both. That is just my opinion though. I don't know how strong of a Bama lean Meachem is right now, I wouldn't guess it is too high, but you never know. Cromartie says he wants to play db, but I bet he'll end up at wr or play both ways...kinda like that Gamble kid @ Ohio St. RTR

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL
Meachum has not listed a favorite as of yet, but he is thought to be a OU/UT battle. I am not writing him off.

Meachum goes to the same HS that current Tide Rover Mark Anderson went to and they are friends, that is the connection. There is no Demeco Ryans connection that I am aware of. I doubt that we get Meachum but you never know once a kid gets to campus for his visit.

We look to be in good position for all of the 'big 3' Bama WR's (Caddell, Jackson, Swain).

The Swain to UM thing is way overblown. He loved his visit, but it was an official visit and schools pull out all of the stops for the official versions. He'll come back to earth after an official to Bama and UT. It still should be a Bama/UT battle.

Caddell is MUCH more than a return guy; though he is an electrifying return guy. He has set the career HS Return for TD record this year. He is about 6'1" and runs a 4.4 forty but is slight right now (about 170 lbs). Picture a taller version of Freddie Milons with an extra gear.

Cromartie is a friend (maybe a cousin) of AC Carter. Even with that we are a HUGE longshot for him.

Remember, we already have one commit at WR in DJ Chambers; he's exciting but a notch below the "big 3."

ROLLER

Banned
Mar 3, 2002
Winnersville, AL, USA
WOAH, 6'1!! I've heard and seen that he was 5'11". If he is 6'1" that changes my entire perspective of Caddell. I'd say any two will do fine.

------------------

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
Cromartie and AC are cousins...I could've sworn the same about Ryans and Meachem, but I probably just got him confused with Mark Anderson. I've seen Caddell is 5'11" too, but if he is 6'1", woohoo! I really think Caddell will be a star on special teams, and definatley has star potential at wr too. If we land the 'Big 3' or two of them and either Will Roach and/or Daniel Brooks, I'll be a very happy man. RTR

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ROLLER:
WOAH, 6'1!! I've heard and seen that he was 5'11". If he is 6'1" that changes my entire perspective of Caddell. I'd say any two will do fine.

</font>
He said that he was up to 6'1" in an interview with Tider Insider radio last week. He may be closer to 5'11" in reality but that isn't really a big difference. It's not like he's 5'4" (like Brandon Brooks) and he is the fastest of the big 3 receivers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.