Tim Castille

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
Do yall think we will utilize Tim as an 'A-Back'? I've played football against him, and seen him play basketball, and he is a big guy. I think he is up to 220 now. I really think he could do a lot in a slot position too. I'm really excited about seeing him wear Crimson. What are the possibilites of not redshirting him? With Darby, Beard, Williams, Hudson returning, I think we should rs him. What are yall's thoughts on Tim? RTR

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL
I think he redshirts barring injuries to the big 4 RB's (Beard, Shaud, Ray and Darby).

He is a TB all the way and is closer to 230 now. Eric Packer is our A back recruit this year.

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
I figured we'd rs him. I was just wondering about the A-Back since he holds, or is close to so many Alabama state receiving records. I cant wait to see #19 in action. RTR

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TiderinVA:
If he's up to 230 lbs of solid muscle, IMO, that would be a total waste to play him at A Back. I want to see him carry the ball 30 times a game and pound it. That's assuming he's not lost any speed. He should be something to see. I look forward to it. </font>
He looks really good. The one knock on him is his lack of breakaway speed; he runs around a 4.5-4.6 forty....of course Shaun Alexander timed at 4.6 as well and he turned out OK.

From what I've seen of Tim, he plays a lot like former Ole Miss RB and current Saint Deuce McCallister. Deuce has a step or two on Tim but the game/size is similar.

BTW, Tim Castille started on his HS team in the EIGHTH GRADE at WR and just set the career AL high school receiving record.

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
Like I said I played against Tim in highschool, and he was a man amongst boys. I remember in 9th grade (10th for him) we traveled to Briarwood, and he ran all over us. We got killed but I remember all of the guys on the sideline saying he'd be in the pros one day. RTR

ROLLER

Banned
Mar 3, 2002
Winnersville, AL, USA
BTW I noticed Shaud doing a lot of blocking from the A back spot. I can see him playing A with his hands. It's possible.

------------------
The supreme effort is a team effort.

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ROLLER:
Duece McCallister is a 4.3 or 4.4 guy before and after the knee surgery.

</font>
Deuce is a solid 4.4 guy...that's what I meant by Tim being a step or too slower. But the games are similar.

ghetto country

BamaNation Citizen
May 28, 2002
Tuscaloosa via Valley, AL
I got the pleasure and displeasure of watching Tim tear my alma mater Valley High to shreads in the first round of the 5A playoffs. He was big, but I also thought he would fit perfectly into the A-back because he has the best set of hands I've seen on a running back not just in HS but in college. He made some incredible catches (lots were bubble screens at the line of scrimmage where he then ran 20 yards after the catch). I think we utilize him best when we throw it to him and let the hoss run rather than pounding him up the middle. I believe he can help us more immediately by catching passes out of the backfield.

I want a guy that can pound it up the middle. A good team needs a RB that can get that tough 1-2 yds on a consistent basis. I think Castille can do that. As much as I admire Shaud, I don't think he's the guy that can do that on a consistent basis. Using Tim as an A back is a waste. It would be like using a brain surgeon as a meat cutter at Kroger.

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
No doubt Tim is a guy who can take the hits, but I think it is also somewhat of a waste if we don't throw him the ball some. He has a lot of AHSAA receiving records. I think Tim redshirts, so that will leave him, Darby, Hudson, Nic Luke, the McClains, and whoever else we may sign at rb. I think Tim will be the hb, Hudson the AB, Darby at both, and the McClaines at fb. Nic Luke will also contribute some. I think Tim could be a Priest Holmes/Marshall Faulk type guy, but bigger. He has incredible hands and we really need to utilize them. RTR

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bo:
No doubt Tim is a guy who can take the hits, but I think it is also somewhat of a waste if we don't throw him the ball some. He has a lot of AHSAA receiving records. I think Tim redshirts, so that will leave him, Darby, Hudson, Nic Luke, the McClains, and whoever else we may sign at rb. I think Tim will be the hb, Hudson the AB, Darby at both, and the McClaines at fb. Nic Luke will also contribute some. I think Tim could be a Priest Holmes/Marshall Faulk type guy, but bigger. He has incredible hands and we really need to utilize them. RTR</font>

Don't forget Eric Packer!! Darby will be TB along with Tim IMO and Ray and Packer will be the A backs.

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
Yeah, how did I forget Eric?

'Just because Tim will probably by a RB doesn't mean that he won't have any passes thrown his way.'

I understand, but we rarely throw it to our 'true' tailbacks. Granted Beard and AG don't have nearly the pass catching ability, IMO, as Castille does. Koenning and Fran will find ways to get the ball in his hands, that is for sure. Who is wearing #19 now? Isn't Roberto McBride? I wonder what number Tim will dress out in next year. RTR

ROLLER

Banned
Mar 3, 2002
Winnersville, AL, USA
I think the A back is just a position on the field. CDF may play any back at the A for different reasons and weaponry. Tim has great receiving skills from any where on the field. We will have an arsenal of running backs that's for sho'!

------------------
The supreme effort is a team effort.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.