Guys....

B

BamaJ

We lost to one of the worst teams in the SEC Thursday. Some of you seem to not have noticed that. Let's also keep in mind that it was on a neutral court. I'll give us the loss to Vandy in Nashville, but on a neutral court, we are the better team. Bottom line!!! There is no excuse for the way we played Thursday. I'm sorry if some are in denial about this, but Vandy is not a good basketball team. There is good news here. The SEC is the BEST conference in the land and that is not even debatable. Therefore, if we are fortunate enough to make it to the Dance, we may be stronger because of that. So, the negative attitudes of not wanting to see your team in the tourney should stop. They really should. We should ALWAYS want to see our team better themselves. I understand the thought that we might get embarrassed by a good team out there. If we're an 11 seed, we'll play a good team. The good thing is, what if we upset a 3 or 4 seed? If we lose to them, we were supposed to. If we beat them, we're the story of the tourney for a little bit. Now, getting on the subject of wheather we deserve to be in, that's a whole different story. We have a losing record in the conference. We beat some good teams, but we lost to some baaaad teams. It's not in our hands. I hope we make it, but if we do, we, as fans, should thank our lucky stars.

BamaJ

------------------
SNASS (both meanings)

Roll Tide Roll!!!

"It ain't the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog."

http://www.xtremebama.homestead.com

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
You make some good points, but from what I see, we lost to 3 bad teams - Ark, OM, and Vandy x 2. We beat much more good teams - OU, XU, PC, MSU, LSU, AU, and UT. All of those teams will be in the NCAAs except Providence. There isn't a doubt in my mind that we are in the top 65 teams in the nation this year. We are, but wether or not we get in is another story. We have to root against the UABs, USCs, Temples, etc. I think the SEC will get six in - UF, UK, MSU, LSU, AU, and UT. I think if the teams that are supposed to win today win, we are in. We should support our team no matter what though. RTR

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
FWIW, Cnnsi has us as a #10 seed in the East still. If the teams that are supposed to win do, IMO we are in. We may not agree on some stuff, but we should all agree that we love the University of Alabama! RTR

TiderinMiss

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2000
Clinton, MS
Not to flame or to show a great disdain towrds UT, but they are not a "good" team. They are not "bad", but not "good". Mediocre, at best.

Bama News

TiderinMiss

------------------
***Winners wear RED. Losers wear ORANGE. Just ask The Tampa Bay Buccaneers!***

*****34-14*****

B

BamaJ

While some interesting points have been made, I have to say that, if the NCAA people who make this decision have seen us play, or saw us play against Vandy, we're screwed. All bias aside, I would rather have a hot team like UAB in the NCAA's than Bama right now, IF I WEREN'T A BAMA FAN. Let's make that really clear. Many of you know I like UAB too, but nowhere near as much as I LOVE Bama. I root for UAB and I wish we played them in sports more, but we don't and I can live with that. But right now, UAB is better than Bama. I have no doubt, though I'd hate it and would probably end up hating UAB, that UAB would beat Bama if they played tomorrow. WOW!!! How weird would it be if we could play UAB in the NIT if neither of us made it??? Anyway. These are just opinions of mine. They don't matter much. You people will flame away on me, but that won't matter much either. Just doing what people do on message boards. Voicing my opinion. I hope we make it to the Dance and I hope we make some noise there as well. What I hope DOESN'T happen is that we get in the tourney and get EMBARRASSED by someone. I could even handle losing in the first round, if we played a halfway decent game.

BamaJ

------------------
SNASS (both meanings)

Roll Tide Roll!!!

"It ain't the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog."

http://www.xtremebama.homestead.com

doctorgonzo

Jan 16, 2002
Sheffield
aol.com
The NCAA would much rather take a team that is hot right now like Seton Hall than a team that just wants the game to be over with like Alabama does. Why not put a competitive team in there who will try hard and give a good game like NC State or Gonzaga.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.