Mario Lane now setting more visits

RollTider82

1st Team
Jun 18, 2002
Tuscaloosa(Heaven), AL
I dont know, but I'll tell you this. These guys committing and then beginning to take visits are on thin ice. Coach North stated a couple of weeks ago that Fran does not take this likely. He said something to the effect of "sometimes they come back to find out that they no longer have a scholarship."

It puts us in a bad position, because let's say he visits Ark. in January and then changes his commitment a month before signing day. Now we are missing out on a tight end. Will that happen? Probably not, but we have to now act as if it is going to happen, so we don't miss out on getting a tight end this year. If the other tight end commits, then guess who loses a scholarship.

------------------
There are more important things in life than Alabama football, but I can count them on one hand.

You can be assured that some of our rival coaches have made the most of the Coach Fran rumors and/or further penalties from the NCAA rumors. Unfortunately, these kids are often gullible to a certain extent and will sometimes believe all the horrible things that are being or have been said about Alabama. I hope Lane changes his mind about the visits and comes to his senses. At the very least, I hope the Alabama coaching staff stays in contact with this young man and addresses the rumors that have been spread.

bamanuttinauburn

Oct 31, 2002
Auburn, Al.
The same thing happened with Carnell Williams. I think in the back of his head he is saying why did I listen to them. We are only going to get better, while Auburn in still in the same place...UNCERTAIN???

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.