Marc Gullion

smokewagon212

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2003
Macon, Georgia
Marc Gullion is going to pass his way into the hearts of Bama fans everywhere. OFF. cooridinators, QB coaches, and Head coaches everywhere are gonna be shocked when they see this kid hit the field. Gullion didnt come to Bama to sit on the bench folks, and unfortunately he has to play and play he will. I have to admit I was a little in distress at first, but then I remembered that this kid can light up the score board, kinda like that kid that had to start against Arkansas a few years ago, and i believe that game was in Fayetteville also! :biga2:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
guillon was not the starter for a reason. croyle is a far better player than guillon. croyle was on his way to a great season he was near perfect. now i do not think the season is over and i am not worried yet. we may lose some games that we might have won with brodie at the helm, but the season is not over. at seasons start i predicted an 8-3 season but after the first few games i thought we might have a shot at winning the sec. now i see 8-3 again no sec championship but a good bowl game and possible win. but i have been wrong before and gullion may turn out to be the next gary hollingsworth and be incredible. anyone remember how hollingsworth started out? so i am not worried yet

cbfactor

Scout Team
Feb 12, 2004
Smoked did you by chance go to the game? MG looked hesitant and uncomfortable in the pocket and made some bad reads on the WCU defense. He doesnt have the arm that Croyle does, but then again neither do half the Quarterbacks in the NFL. We can still win games with MG as our quarterback but lets just hold off on the heisman campaign.

BLAST FROM THE PAST

Scout Team
Oct 4, 2002
Arab,AL, usa
Old time 'Bama fans will remember 1964 when Namath was injured and Steve Sloan became the quarterback and all Steve did was lead us to the National Championship! Old Joe may have won the Heisman had he not been hurt that year but the Good Lord had better things in mind for us all. 2004 is no different and the sun will come again next Sunday morning and life will go on. :biga:

wisten

Hall of Fame
Apr 30, 2003
Gulf Shores, AL, USA
I think many will be pleasantly surprised by Marc... he has a howitzer for an arm and knows the offense at least as well as Brodie. I hate losing Brodie, but Marc is an excellent player.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
What a shock :frown: . I was watching Bridie and thinking that he was really developing into something and may be out 1st QB to have a chance to make it in the NFL for quite some time. I guess we'll have to wait another year to see how good he really is.
Now its up to Marc Guillon. What did he do while at Miami? Did he get any playing time there?

SimCastilleFan3

All-SEC
Sep 7, 2004
Madison, AL
Marc Guillon

Hey hold on people Marc will do a good job he has been in the offense for quite sometime he ran scout team last year and for the people who is getting on him for looking shaky last night that was the first time he has stepped on the field give him sometime things will come around believe me. ROLL TIDE ROLL

TIDEFAN17

All-American
Mar 20, 2001
Tennessee
Ummm

For you Gullion doubters. I recall the guy throwing a 40 yard touchdown pass last night? And zero INT's? And only two incompletions.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
the big yarder was to Knight but it wasnt a TD...the TD was a short pass to McClain...and one of the incompletions was a drop by Trent Davidson....

oh and by the way its GUILLON...it was even wrong on the replay of the game

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
everyone chill

Everyone needs to calm down. We all realize that Brodie was the starter for a reason. However, that doesn't mean the season is lost because Guillon will be running the offense. Let's remember that the running game has been great so far(albeit agains questionable def.). Guillon can toss the ball around just fine and remember he got alot of reps in spring. He know the offense. In addition, the razorbacks are a team we should have beaten last year and they lost a ton of talent. Or defense is improved and if they can contain the 10 year veteran QB for arKansas, everything should be fine. Just my opinion. RTR

Vertical

All-American
May 15, 2000
New Hampshire
Smoked did you by chance go to the game? MG looked hesitant and uncomfortable in the pocket and made some bad reads on the WCU defense
I think the better question is did you see the game?

MG had exactly two incompletions.

I just watched the game again. I suggest you do the same. Guillon's first throw is a beauty. After sending D.J. Hall in motion, Hall runs a quick slant over the middle, and Guillon delivered. The ball was right on the numbers, had great speed, and was right in an empty hole in the zone. Not only that, but if you watch, Guillon looks off the defenders, never looking in Hall's direction before finally throwing the ball directly to him. The announcers even pointed that fact out.

His second pass, his first incompletion, was a quick screen out to Matt Miller. Guillon saw that the cornerback was blitzing and quickly dumped it off. The linebacker had shifted over to cover Miller, and it looked like W. Carolina knew what was coming. This is the only thing I can fathom might be a 'bad read' by Guillon.

Third pass was a good pass to Trent Davidson after being pressured, but Davidson dropped it. Not a bad read there.

At this point, Guillon is 1 of 3 for 15 yards, one of those incompletions being a drop after a well-thrown ball. From here on out, Guillon doesn't miss a pass.

In our first offensive drive of the fourth quarter, Guillon hit Marcus McKnight for a quick slant route that requires quick delivery, and on target - Guillon delivered. On Guillon's next pass, he throws a beautifully places 40 yard strike to Ezekial Knight, over one defender, out of reach of another, and perfectly placed and timed for Knight, who bobbled the catch, but managed to hang on to it. I wouldn't call either of those passes 'hesitant' or 'uncomfortable', and I certainly don't think they were 'bad reads'. On the next pass we see Guillon with a little play-action, then tossing the ball *right* to Le'Ron McClain for the TD. No bad read there, nor any hesitation.

And after that, it was Pennington. I don't really understand your comment. Guillon looked composed, accurate, knowledgable of the Tide's playbook.

smokewagon212

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2003
Macon, Georgia
Smoked did you by chance go to the game? MG looked hesitant and uncomfortable in the pocket and made some bad reads on the WCU defense

You're right we should call Houston Nutt and just forfiet now! :biga2:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
cbfactor said:
Smoked did you by chance go to the game? MG looked hesitant and uncomfortable in the pocket and made some bad reads on the WCU defense. He doesnt have the arm that Croyle does, but then again neither do half the Quarterbacks in the NFL. We can still win games with MG as our quarterback but lets just hold off on the heisman campaign.
Don't bash CB, if you can do better then SUIT UP! Like it or not he's the guy, support him. Disagree with the 2nd half call or not, it's over and done with.

UA90

1st Team
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham, AL
cbfactor said:
I completely disagree with you. I thought he looked poised in the pocket, I mean he was 5 of 7 with a TD.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

RyTide

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
smokewagon212 said:
Marc Gullion is going to pass his way into the hearts of Bama fans everywhere. OFF. cooridinators, QB coaches, and Head coaches everywhere are gonna be shocked when they see this kid hit the field. Gullion didnt come to Bama to sit on the bench folks, and unfortunately he has to play and play he will. I have to admit I was a little in distress at first, but then I remembered that this kid can light up the score board, kinda like that kid that had to start against Arkansas a few years ago, and i believe that game was in Fayetteville also! :biga2:
WELL SAID! Check out Marc's background:

http://www.rolltide.com/football/8770.asp

We are lucky to have him to step in for Croyle. I think he is going to surprise some people.

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
You think LSU would like to have both our backup QBs...I think so! As for where he stacks up against Brodie, it does not matter. He will never compete against Brodie in a game that counts in the SEC west or our national ranking. How does he, and for that matter the team, compare to the balance of the schedule.

I do not remember a single game in 2003 or 2004 where we asked our QB to take over the game and place it on his shoulders and that will remain the case with MG. Our system is just not that way thank goodness!

We have a week of practice and we will see soon enough! I like our chance for success given the group of skill players on the field as well as those waiting in the wings!

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
Marc shouldn't miss a beat, he did in fact run the First Team Offense all through Spring. His only hurdle is getting comfortable with the new WR's and their routes and the WR's getting comfortable with Marc's throws versus Brodie's. The way I see it, he may not be able to make his reads as fast as Brodie but that will come. Arm strength isn't an issue. Finally, having our stable of RB's will make his first start alot easier.

WYTBOYZ

3rd Team
Jan 30, 2004
SAD to say Lousyanna
I cannot believe

the question of whether he looked unconfortable. He looked like he had been in there the whole game to me. I watched the game on PPV and taped it and watched it sunday again. He made some great throws and the 40 yarder was perfect and the quick slants were perfect made 1 bad pass under a miss read blitz but no problem. The only other pass incomplete was a drop it hit our reciever right in the hands!!! So for anyone to doubt MG you should be ashamed the guy is a great qb and after saturday I want an apology!!! LOL!!! But seriously he was real good in fall practice and saturday looked like he was as comfortable as if he had been in ther the whole game!! We scored 14 points with him at the helm and could of had more if he was allowed to throw it more the kid has an arm and is really more accurate in the mid range passes than BC but just watch and see the hogs are celebrating BC injury but have failed to realize MG will lead this team to victory just wait and see!!! :rolleyes:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.