Breaking News! Star player injured...

bama#11

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 19, 2003
Tuscaloosa, AL
Kennedy Winston just had knee surgery and is on cruches (one of my roomates has a lab class with Kennedy). I know its not too relevant to football...but if he's not ready by the season...then we better do well in FOOTBALL because our basketball team may not win a game! (thats the most pessimistic view anyhow!)

PeprahFan26

Sep 10, 2003
Madison,AL,USA
What did he get surgery for? How can this happen to Kennedy, I feel sorry for the kid, because I really dont think we are going to have a good team he is really the only one we have besides Pettway.

ROLL TIDE ROLL hope for a speedy recovery

bama#11

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 19, 2003
Tuscaloosa, AL
My roomate said he wouldn't say anything other than he had surgery on his knee. Said he wasn't allowed to say more. It appeared to my roomate that he was still able to move and my roomate thought that he would be ready by basketball season (though that was just personal speculation).

RockSand

Banned
Sep 21, 2003
Atlanta, Ga., USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by countrytider:
I think we're going to suprise some ppl this year in basketball. Hope Winston is ready to go by the season!!!!!</font>
I'm an optimist, but we have less talent than any other team in the conference. We lost just about everybody and our 3 incoming big men are beanpoles and will need at least 2 years to gain some weight and muscle. I think this will be a looong season. But it will be expected.

PsychoJoe

Suspended
Jul 5, 2002
Pelham, Alabama
I agree wholeheartedly, RockSand. We haven't been this inexperienced since Dudley, Walker, Meade and Grizzard were freshmen and had to play big time minutes. The barn, Ole Miss and Arkansas all look much stronger than us in the SEC West.

If we looked at our projected starters position by position and compared with last year's starters, we'd have

Point: Mo versus Pettway. Mo was better than Pettway will be this year, but Pettway is a player who can contribute and win at the point.

Shooting Guard: Shelton versus Shelton. Ernest should be better than a year ago, but he has to really step up his offense for us to replace the scoring that we lost.

Small Forward: Kennedy Winston versus Kennedy Winston. It will be great to have him for a full season, and he's bound to improve unless his injury is worse than has been indicated.

Power Forward: Erwin Dudley vs. Reggie Rambo or Chuck Davis. Reggie is a battler, but a liability on offense and prone to fouls. Chuck has some potential, but it would be unrealistic to expecthim to provide the points and rebounds that ED gave us. We'll be much weaker at this position.

Center: Kenny Walker vs. Chuck Davis/Jemareo Davidson. Kenny certainly had a disappointing senior season, especially the second half. While many thought that Davis and Brock should have gotten his minutes, I believe that CMG would have played them more of he thought they could have contributed. We maybe better off at this position by season's end,but it will only be if Davis and/or Davidson develop.

We are worse at point guard, some better at two guard, some better at small forward, much worse at power forward, and a little worse at center. This bodes for a long season unless players like Ernest Shelton, Demetirus Smith and Emmett Thomas step up their game AND a couple of the young big men develop to the point that they can compete at the SEC level.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.