3.Tenn.

4.South Carolina

5-7.Bama,LSU,Aub.

8.Ark

9.Kentucky

10.Ole Miss

11.Vandy

12.State

I think Ga. is a no brainer.I know Fl.got beat by Tenn.( or was it the officals)but I think Fl. is the better team.South Carolina might suprise some people but i like Lou Holtz.I picked them as my sleeper team this year and they should have beat Ga.I thought after the LSU-Aub. game that we were better tha either one of those teams.They both got a lot of Defense but neither one has a offense worth a darn.I dont think it was all just GREAT defense but also some really weak offense.After Brodie got hurt I have to see how Marc does before I can say for sure now.8-12 who really cares?

Last edited:

U-A

All-American
Jul 15, 2004
New Orleans, LA
1) Georgia
2) Auburn
3) Tennessee
4) Florida
5) LSU
6) Alabama
7) Arkansas
8) South Carolina
9) Ole Miss
10) Vanderbilt
11) Kentucky
12) MSU

I don't really care about UGA's offense woes right now because most of their weapons have proven they can break out and Richt has won before. Georgia's defense has just been insane the last 3 weeks and I think they will shortly breakout against LSWho.

Auburn played a solid game but were they really the better team? Heck, I hate LSU but I think they may have the better team. Campbell did decent but far from great.....still looks confused quite a bit though I give him credit for his 4th quarter pass

Ainge and Shaffeur for UT will shortly have their honeymoon come crashing down against good defenses

TruCrimson

All-SEC
Aug 26, 2002
Selma, AL
Honestly...I think its Auburn's SEC to loose right now..& Bama, UT, LSU, UGA, UF all tied for 2nd......no real team this season seems to be way above the rest.

red55

All-American
Nov 5, 2002
Baton Rouge
Too early to rank them properly, but they do start to fall out into categories:

TOP TIER -- Highly ranked championship contenders (Georgia, LSU, Auburn)

MIDDLE TIER -- Ranked, but overrated championship pretenders (Tennesssee, Florida)

LOWER TIER -- Bowl game candidates (Ole Miss, Arkansas, Alabama, Carolina, Kentucky)

BOTTOM TIER -- Someone has to lose (State, Vanderbilt)

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
OK, I vote for the OFFICIALS........

The ONLY teams positions I would agree to now are the four, (9-12), on the bottom! I dont think anyone else can challenge for those positions!
I haven't seen much from either of the others to make a decision as of now, although I will rank the Officiating team probably #1! I dont think any of the teams can get to the top unless these guys start calling the games right!
Find out who the officials have money on and that the team I'll vote #1!
:rolleyes: :biga2:

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Just for fun, because it is still too early. Real teams will surface in October.

1.Georgia (Champs until someone knocks them off)

2.Flordia (refs lost this game)

3.Tenn. (Freshman QB will make mistakes)

4.Aub (very lucky but in the drivers sit for West)

5-6.Bama/Ark (both 3-0 and this week will determine--winner challenges 'barn)

7.South Carolina (playing tough)

8.LSU (they were screwed, but still 1-2)

9.Ole Miss (Manningless)

10.Kentucky (still a basketball school)

11.Vandy (could move up a couple of notches)

12.State (Maine?)

Last edited:

ihatefulmer

All-American
Jan 26, 2004
Scottsboro
BamaFlum said:
Just for fun, because it is still too early. Real teams will surface in October.

1.Georgia (Champs until someone knocks them off)

2.Flordia (refs lost this game)

3.Tenn. (Freshman QB will make mistakes)

4.Aub (very lucky but in the drivers sit for West)

5-6.Bama/Ark (both 3-0 and this week will determine--winner challenges 'barn)

7.South Carolina (playing tough)

9.Ole Miss (Manningless)

10.Kentucky (still a basketball school)

11.Vandy (could move up a couple of notches)

12.State (Maine?)

Come on you got to have South Carolina higher than that!!!!!!!!!!

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
USC is still 2-1 and I believe their two wins were against lesser teams. Plus, this is just for fun. The real teams will work themselves to the top in the coming weeks.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
I'd put Auburn and Georgia tied for the top spot because I think that they're fairly equal. Auburn will drop later in the year when wingnut begins to accumulate his 3 or 4 obligatory losses.

Do you use UT with paid referees or without for this ranking? If you include the paid referees, then they're probably on top. However, I'm going to exclude the referees and just consider the team and put them at fourth, just behind Florida, since the paid referees were included in the win against Florida.

I believe that LSU comes in fifth with South Carolina at sixth, Bama at seventh, Arkansas eighth, Ole Miss ninth, Vandy tenth, Kentucky eleventh and MSU bringing up the rear.

U-A

All-American
Jul 15, 2004
New Orleans, LA
I am still not sold on SC just yet being a 3rd place contender in the East.

Pinkins has looked decent but far from great....esp if they want to beat UcheaT and UF.

torsten

Scout Team
Dec 16, 2002
Minneapolis
I know this appears to discount a few final scores, but results can sometimes be misleading or fraudulent.

1) Florida
2) Tennessee
3) Georgia
4) LSU
5) Auburn
6) Arkansas
7) Alabama
8) South Carolina
9) Mississippi
10) Kentucky
11) Vanderbilt
12) Mississippi State

The Gators simply looked better than any SEC team I've seen this year. Tenn, despite the cheating, suprised more than anyone else, mostly due to unexpectedly good QB play. I thought they'd be fourth at best this year. I'm not as thrilled with Auburn as most seem to be. Has Jason Campbell improved enough to rank them that high? I haven't seen it yet. Georgia should be higher, but they look like a team that hasn't jelled offensively. Alabama may be better than 7th, but a new QB drops them below Ark for now. South Carolina does have a good defense (as usual), but the offense seems to be a total fraud (as usual). If there are any major upsets to come, Alabama, Arkansas, and SC have the best chance at doing it. The bottom 4 don't seem capable of it.

Mar 21, 2001
Albertville,AL
I say that Auburn has the best team in the SEC right now.
Tenn, Georgia, Florida are all a close second.
But I am really not sure of Georgia right now.
South Carl will be a big surprise and a hard game for us to win.
LSU is one of those teams that get better as the season goes on.
I do feel this is the year the VOLS beat the Dawgs and the Dawgs beat Florida. If I was Florida, I would be looking for a coach, I do not feel Zook has what it takes to keep them in the spot light. With some good coaching, I can see Auburn in a hunt for the National Championship.

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
1) Georgia
2) Auburn
3) Tennessee
4) Florida
5) LSU
6) Arkansas
7) Alabama
8) South Carolina
9) Mississippi
10) Kentucky
11) Vanderbilt
12) Mississippi State

Although I do think the call was bad in the Florida/UT game, Ive heard some good arguments (not on this board) about why it may not be as bad as it appeared. Plus, you still have to give some credit to UT for managing to get downfield in such little time and kicking the long field goal. Plus, overall, the game was quite balanced. The momentum diffinitely kept swinging.

As for Bama/Arkansas, I would have put Bama above Arkansas if we had not lost Brodie. And with Arkansas playing Texas so close, and us still not having a chance yet to prove ourselves, its only fair to put them above us until we kick their butts this weekend.

Disappointment of the year so far has got to be LSU.

Boclive

All-American
Sep 6, 2002
I used to pull for SEC teams in Non-conference games

But now except for BAMA, I pull for non SEC teams to win those games.

I rank the SEC dead last in all catagories.

Vertical

All-American
May 15, 2000
New Hampshire
1) Auburn
2) Georgia
3) LSU
4) Florida
5) Tennessee
6) South Carolina
7) Arkansas
8) Alabama
9) Mississippi
10) Kentucky
11) Vanderbilt
12) Mississippi State

Auburn is at the top of the heap as of right now. This will obviously change once Tubby's 3 obligatory losses start rolling in.

Georgia is where it is only because they won it last year.

LSU is a better team than most people are giving them credit for. I think LSU could beat everyone below them on my list.

Florida above Tennessee because of stupid refs.

Tennessee hangs in where it is as long as the frosh QB's keep producing. But I have a feeling they can't keep playing like they have been. But maybe.

SC has looked strong, but I don't think they could beat anyone above them on this list

Arkansas above 'Bama only because they played Texas hard, while we really haven't been challenged much yet.

Bama because they could beat everyone below them. We'll see how they fare against Arkansas. If we beat Arkansas, I'd move them up to # 6.

As for the rest, who cares?

red55

All-American
Nov 5, 2002
Baton Rouge
BamaFlum said:
LSU is not 1-2, they are 2-1 with a one-point loss on the road to a top-10 team. It is a major mistake to judge LSU by the Auburn game and you're dreaming if you think Arkansas, Carolina, and Bama are going to finish higher than LSU.

#8! Ha! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Boooger

Banned
Sep 19, 2004
Florence, AL
Am I the only one that doens't think the SEC is that good this year?

1. Auburn
2. Georgia
3. LSU
4. Bama
5. Tennessee
6. Florida
7. South Carolina
8. Arkansas
9. Ole Miss
10. Kentucky
11. Vanderbilt
12. Mississippi State

Georgia has a good D, but an awful looking offense thus far. They need to have a strong performance in their next game or LSU will knock our only other top 5 team out.

Florida isnt' the same team it was under Spurrier and won't be again as long as they have Zook.

Tennessee has been down below what they used to be the last couple of years with Clausen and now the freshman.

LSU is nowhere near where they were last year in terms of leadership or their offense.

Auburn is probably the best contender. They have the best 1-2 running punch maybe in the nation.

Alabama, now we are well on our way, but we have to beat some people to claim we are back to being top tier. Going 3-0 against some of the weakest competition we'll face all year may help our confidence, but it doesn't say much about our strengths so far. I do believe we have one of the top defenses in the SEC, but we have to play a good offense for this to be confirmed. Guillon determines whether we finish in the top of the West or the bottom.

Both Mississippi Schools look awful so far. I do believe that with Flatt at the helms and having played almost a full game, that we will see a regenerated
Ole Miss offense, one that can win at least 5-6 games overall.

South Carolina does have a good team, but I don't believe they'll finish better than 7-4. There are too many question marks

Vandy is Vandy, they care more about academics than football, which is the way they want it. Heck I wouldn't care if we replaced them in the SEC with another school that actually cared about Football.

Kentucky cares about Basketball. Occasionally you'll have a Tim Couch come through, but usually they are the Kansas of the SEC.

I know a lot of people have come to think Matt Jones is a good QB, but he isn't. If he were at Bama instead of Arkansas I don't think he would be starting over Guillon. I also don't think he'd be starting at LSU, Georgia, or most of the other SEC schools, I think that even Ethan Flatt is a better QB than Jones is. The only thing Jones has is a semi-strong arm, and a couple of crazy-legs. Arkansas isn't as good as they have been in years past. They lost a lot of D, and they lost Cobbs. They wont be good in my mind until they show me their worthy.

This is why the SEC is not as good as in years past. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

Also, I don't care how bad the call was in the Tennessee/Florida game. Tennessee still won, so you can't tell me Florida should be ranked ahead of them. One call didn't lose the game for Florida, just like Steve Bartman didn't make the Cubs lose last year. The entire game up to that point should have been dominated by Florida, but it wasn't, and Tennessee took advantage of it at the end of the game, when it counts the most.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.