News Article: Tennessee radio personality camping out on roof of Toyota Knoxville until Vols win

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
I heard this stupidity on the radio this morning as it was unfolding.

By sheer, uncanny coincidence, it just so happened that after the Bozo made his pronouncement about living on a rooftop until they win again, the very next caller just happened to be a rep from Toyota Knoxville. It's a good thing that it was sheer, random happenstance, because otherwise someone might get the incorrect idea that this was a planned promotion by Toyota Knoxville. It's amazing how these things just fall into place sometimes.

And because they've chosen to insult our intelligence in this manner, I hope he's stuck up there until the start of the 2021 season.
Just like Neyland Stadium during a football game, this rooftop will be empty before the game (a win) is over . . .

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I heard this stupidity on the radio this morning as it was unfolding.

By sheer, uncanny coincidence, it just so happened that after the Bozo made his pronouncement about living on a rooftop until they win again, the very next caller just happened to be a rep from Toyota Knoxville. It's a good thing that it was sheer, random happenstance, because otherwise someone might get the incorrect idea that this was a planned promotion by Toyota Knoxville. It's amazing how these things just fall into place sometimes.

And because they've chosen to insult our intelligence in this manner, I hope he's stuck up there until the start of the 2021 season.
I understand supporting my team....but.....if I ever did decide to go to this degree of sacrifice...I would sure enough pick a more dependable manner of being rescued from my silly actions.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Tyler-Ivens-roof-Glenn-Jacobs-768x414.jpg

The one on the left is the guy, Tyler Ivers. Apparently 10RC has employed this strategy for victory before during a drought back in '88, I believe, that time for a total of 33 days. :biggrin:

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Yes it was a billboard. Can't recall which school it was but hey....it must have set a precedent.
Nashville radio host who was a UT fan in 1988.
It didn't go too well the last time:
https://www.tennessean.com/story/sp...ut-vols-radio-duncan-stewart-reno/2419494001/

The funniest part of this story is that Vandy started that season 2-0 or 3-0, and a Vandy fan, who I believe was also a Nashville radio personality, went up on another billboard in town and vowed not to come down until Vandy lost. We all know which one slept in his own bed that first Saturday night . . .

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.