Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. UK...

crimson clear

Suspended
Feb 27, 2018
So is this what Alabama basketball has come to? Everyone hold hands and say RTR after a posterior whipping. Moral victories are for losers. Mediocre coaches produce mediocre teams.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
So is this what Alabama basketball has come to? Everyone hold hands and say RTR after a posterior whipping. Moral victories are for losers. Mediocre coaches produce mediocre teams.
I think it’s understanding that this team really underwhelmed this year. Given how we played since January, there was no real expectation of an upset. We kept it close early , made an attempt at a comeback late, and still got dominated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Have you ever even posted on a basketball thread? Might be a good idea to come in with a little respect before you start downing people in here. That isn’t what a postgame thread is for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I say RTR no matter what. Anytime. Anywhere. Period. But really, what else can be said that hasn't already? It is what it is. Have a wonderful evening and Roll Tide.

crimson clear

Suspended
Feb 27, 2018
Apparently you don't read it much because I've posted several times recently and I've seen harsher comments than mine. I thought it was an open forum where you could disagree with someone. Sorry if I hurt your feelings

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I think we will probably get an idea where things with CAJ are going by Monday. Assuming we don’t make the NCAA field and Bama is offered a NIT bid, will Byrne accept it? If he does, I think it sends the signal that CAJ gets another year. If we don’t accept it would, at least in my mind, make me think Byrne and others are weighing their options going forward.

I’m not about canning coaches every four or five years, but the fact of the matter is things haven’t gotten better under CAJ. And quite honestly, Bama has been a terrible product to watch the last six weeks.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
When you wake up tomorrow, you will still be Alabama fans. Roll Tide. Time for spring football.

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
While I have attempted to read the basketball threads and keep up with all the "what if" scenario's with CAJ regarding should he stay another year, recruiting class coming in, etc I still don't have a good vibe as to what will/should/could happen next year with our team. Just flat out confused after watching this team this year.

Couple of questions should a coaching change occur......Should CAJ leave on his own or not, what does it do to the reputation of the program? Does it cost current signed recruits or potential recruits? Should CAJ leave who do we want and do we have a legitimate chance of landing that coach? Please point me to other threads if these questions can better be answered reviewing those versus answering in this thread. RTR

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This team just didn't seem to have good energy game to game. Relying on a kid who ought to be in high school to start at point guard doesn't usually bode well. It hurts even more when your best perimeter scorer regresses into a pretty severe sophomore slump. Johnson didn't have a great season as a coach with all the differing rotations and starting lineups. Frankly though he was grasping for straws and looking for any possible answer to what ailed this team.

It is concerning that we're at the end of year four and he's went 8-10 three times in the SEC and 10-8 once. We're likely heading towards his 3rd first round NIT exit. Colin Sexton was easily one of the most talented players we've had on the court since Mo Williams and all that netted was a single NCAAT win. Avery Johnson has been a better ambassador for the program and he's not been scared of the shadow Nick Saban and Alabama football casts over all other sports here. He's raised the profile of the program a bit from where it had fallen by the end of the Grant era but still really that much better off? Other than the excitement Colin Sexton demonstrated in flashes last season, this has basically been the same Alabama basketball product we've languished in since 2006.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
It is concerning that we're at the end of year four and he's went 8-10 three times in the SEC and 10-8 once. We're likely heading towards his 3rd first round NIT exit. Colin Sexton was easily one of the most talented players we've had on the court since Mo Williams and all that netted was a single NCAAT win. Avery Johnson has been a better ambassador for the program and he's not been scared of the shadow Nick Saban and Alabama football casts over all other sports here. He's raised the profile of the program a bit from where it had fallen by the end of the Grant era but still really that much better off? Other than the excitement Colin Sexton demonstrated in flashes last season, this has basically been the same Alabama basketball product we've languished in since 2006.
Agreed . . .and what have we seen to make us think next season will be different in the better direction? This team had enough talent to be upper-third of the SEC. . it was sorely lacking in preparation.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.