Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
As expected: Trump administration officially bans bump stocks

Those who possess the devices, which make it easier to fire rounds from a semi-automatic weapon by harnessing the gun's recoil to "bump" the trigger faster, will have 90 days to turn in or otherwise destroy them from the date that the final rule is published in the federal register -- likely this Friday -- according to senior DOJ officials.

Link to final rule

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
My question would be: How do we know that every one of these people are untrained on firearms?
In my family we were taught about firearms at an early age.
My next question would be is how do we make sure everyone who is eligible to own a firearm is trained and who is gonna be responsible for the training and at what cost?
To be fair and clear, I'm not necessarily opposed to people having to take gun safety courses before being able to go out and purchase firearms. I just want to know how much the gvt's sticky little fingers will be in all of this or in other words how many dollar signs they see that they can take in and spend on more stupid stuff.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
My question would be: How do we know that every one of these people are untrained on firearms?
In my family we were taught about firearms at an early age.
My next question would be is how do we make sure everyone who is eligible to own a firearm is trained and who is gonna be responsible for the training and at what cost?
To be fair and clear, I'm not necessarily opposed to people having to take gun safety courses before being able to go out and purchase firearms. I just want to know how much the gvt's sticky little fingers will be in all of this or in other words how many dollar signs they see that they can take in and spend on more stupid stuff.
by looking at the pictures. they may have been trained but they either ignored it or were taught incorrectly

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
So now we're judging by looks?
this sort of makes my point for me.

i am basing it on the demonstrated deviation from some basic concepts gun safety, e.g. trigger discipline, treat every gun as if it were loaded, don't point guns at things you don't intend to shoot.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If he just bought the gun from the store, wouldn’t it be certain to be unloaded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
You can be sure a firearm is unloaded. Otherwise you could never clean your guns or do any dry fire practice unless you were at the range.

To me, finger off the trigger is gun safety 101, but it's kinda silly to act as if loaded cartridges can magically appear in a firearm that's been checked and is known to be empty - especially if the person holding it is simply posing for a photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.