Link: Well! How now, Tucker?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I suppose the right and the left coming together is a pipe dream and he ignores the 400 lb gorilla in the room. IMO, the conversion of religious attitudes - abortion, prayer in schools, etc. - into political principles, and their conflation with governmental principles, is the root of many of our problems...

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Tucker done gone woke. (Hate that term)...

Vox
It seems a very worthwhile debate. It begs the question of...with a middle class in continual decline for more than a generation what remains to fuel the economic engines including Wall Street?

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It seems a very worthwhile debate. It begs the question of...with a middle class in continual decline for more than a generation what what remain to fuel the economic engines including Wall Street!
imo, a lot of folks are going to have to stop conflating middle class/working class with "white" if we want to have a meaningful debate

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
imo, a lot of folks are going to have to stop conflating middle class/working class with "white" if we want to have a meaningful debate
The fact that we shipped all of our manufacturing jobs to Japan then to China and other locations over the last thirty years is one of the reasons we have this rise of aggressive white nationalism. There is little room for discussion of the finer points of affirmative action when we have shuttered major cities in the mid west where the middle class both black and white once aspired to the American dream.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The fact that we shipped all of our manufacturing jobs to Japan then to China and other locations over the last thirty years is one of the reasons we have this rise of aggressive white nationalism. There is little room for discussion of the finer points of affirmative action when we have shuttered major cities in the mid west where the middle class both black and white once aspired to the American dream.
Well, I know who did it...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
i think if he stays on it, they will just remove his show from fox and get someone else in to push their propoganda and he will disappear down the memory hole.
IDK. Even Coulter, whom some blame for the president's present wall mania, has been saying some odd things lately. I watch with interest...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
IDK. Even Coulter, whom some blame for the president's present wall mania, has been saying some odd things lately. I watch with interest...
their absurd worldview doesn't really coexist with reality very well. maybe seeing it in actual practice and the results it brings is causing their brain to short circuit.

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
We lost these jobs mainly due to NAFTA, although it began after WW2 propping up Japan, and then sending mfg jobs to Taiwan. Used to be a man could skip college and enter the workforce at one of the local mfg plants and after several years make enough to buy a home and raise a family. Not any more, that whole option died when Clinton signed NAFTA, now without college it is next to impossible to be able to afford a home. What jobs there are don't pay enough and don't have benefits. The jobs gone to Mexico since the mid 90's have killed the middle class, now factor in Obamacare and not only are there not good paying jobs, unless you are very poor or very rich, your health care costs have skyrocketed.

I used to make around $65K plus good benefits working in electronics mfg, one by one those plants in my area (Middle TN) closed to go to Mexico. I tried farming and raising cattle (no benefits) and barely broke even, now I work by the hour making about $30K with no benefits. There are millions like me all over the country and IMO that's one of the reasons Trump got elected. Trump ran on hope and change similar to Obama, but unlike Obama, things are getting better not worse. I am definitely worse off than I was 20 years ago and I know exactly what the reasons are. Democrats passing NAFTA and Obamacare, those two things have done more to hurt the middle class than anything else. Maybe not in every area but certainly in mine,

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We lost these jobs mainly due to NAFTA, although it began after WW2 propping up Japan, and then sending mfg jobs to Taiwan. Used to be a man could skip college and enter the workforce at one of the local mfg plants and after several years make enough to buy a home and raise a family. Not any more, that whole option died when Clinton signed NAFTA, now without college it is next to impossible to be able to afford a home. What jobs there are don't pay enough and don't have benefits. The jobs gone to Mexico since the mid 90's have killed the middle class, now factor in Obamacare and not only are there not good paying jobs, unless you are very poor or very rich, your health care costs have skyrocketed.

I used to make around $65K plus good benefits working in electronics mfg, one by one those plants in my area (Middle TN) closed to go to Mexico. I tried farming and raising cattle (no benefits) and barely broke even, now I work by the hour making about $30K with no benefits. There are millions like me all over the country and IMO that's one of the reasons Trump got elected. Trump ran on hope and change similar to Obama, but unlike Obama, things are getting better not worse. I am definitely worse off than I was 20 years ago and I know exactly what the reasons are. Democrats passing NAFTA and Obamacare, those two things have done more to hurt the middle class than anything else. Maybe not in every area but certainly in mine,
I do really feel sorry for you, both for your problems and your understanding of their genesis...

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
So much of this current stream of quasi-mea culpas and "calling out" in the Republican Sound Machine (hat tip, jthomas666) falls flat.

These guys will make these seeming come-to-Jesus statements, then go back to their agit-prop and support for the Republican/Trump agenda.

I would love to see an ounce or two of cojones among Republicans on the Hill. Back up those strident statements with hard decisions that go against the grain of the Trump's loyalists.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
It's us against them...not us against us.

Been saying that for a long time.

Politicians getting rich off us against us.

Don't see things ever changing until you reign back all the money involved in politics.

Just the amount spent in advertising is absurd.

But you don't hear that being mentioned.

I don't care whose side you're on....anyone who says the system is screwed up should be heard and their message not only considered --- but developed into a movement.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.