2013 BCS Championship Game Tickets

bama70

3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama
The number of tickets available on Stubhub has been increasing daily with close to 10,000 listed today. The starting price while still above $1200 has come down over $300 this week.

CmdrThor

1st Team
Oct 29, 2008
Marietta, GA
Don't hold your breath on the email. I called the ticket office and they said although they wanted to send it out today, it won't be until "tomorrow or Friday". Which means tomorrow or Friday or next Monday or next Tuesday or next Wednesday ... etc. They also would not give a point cutoff or even a ballpark. I wish the deadline was before the SECCG ... then they could have had everything wrapped up in a day or two. I'm sure they got a ton of orders on Monday :-/

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
They have a standard allotment for students and faculty I imagine. I guess the TP folks are waiting for them to get a good idea on former lettermen?

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Don't hold your breath on the email. I called the ticket office and they said although they wanted to send it out today, it won't be until "tomorrow or Friday". Which means tomorrow or Friday or next Monday or next Tuesday or next Wednesday ... etc. They also would not give a point cutoff or even a ballpark. I wish the deadline was before the SECCG ... then they could have had everything wrapped up in a day or two. I'm sure they got a ton of orders on
Monday :-/
Not really a surprise here...it seems that every year even with normal season tickets there is always some kind of delay in shipment, shipping issues, ticket printing issues, etc. I have just come to expect the delays, lol. I am hopeful too that the email received on Sunday at least means you are in or near the cutoff for receiving tickets...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I got the student ticket offer by meeting the credit hours and ticket penalty requirements. 235 bucks for a ticket; gotta pony up by Friday. Hopefully the GI Bill stipend will be in by Friday!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
The number of tickets available on Stubhub has been increasing daily with close to 10,000 listed today. The starting price while still above $1200 has come down over $300 this week.
I remember checking Stubhub last year before the SEC Champ game and roughly 4000 tickets were posted starting around $650. Once the game was set the number of tickets jumped to 5000 and the price shot up to over $1000. Within about 2 weeks(once they were allocated to LSU & BAMA fans) the # of tickets spiked to over 10,000 and the prices dropped back towards $650 before rising again to around $900.

While I think they will remain higher than last year, would not be shocked to see them drop to closer to $750 and then level off around $1000.

The ticket broker I know said he isn't buying anymore.. He is geting 10 calls trying to sell for every one he gets wanting to buy tickets. Said talking with others in the business it is the same.... The economy plus the cost of South Florida is a huge factor....

Last edited:

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
Just called Tide Pride this morning and asked about the email. She said it would be no later than Friday at 5:00 pm.
I asked if the Tide Totals number was the same as originally expected or if it had come down at all ... she said she was not at liberty to say .... ugh!!!! Trying to make some plans here!!!
Roll Tide anyway!!

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
I am frustrated that so many people are getting the tickets just to sell them .. I think if you got them last year and did not actually go to the game, your right should be forfeited :).
I get that people want to make money .. but the scalping has just gotten out of control! Why don't we all just try to help each other out here!!!

BocaLance

All-American
Oct 18, 2001
Douglasville (Atlanta), GA
Just called Tide Pride this morning and asked about the email. She said it would be no later than Friday at 5:00 pm.
I asked if the Tide Totals number was the same as originally expected or if it had come down at all ... she said she was not at liberty to say .... ugh!!!! Trying to make some plans here!!!
Roll Tide anyway!!
No kidding. People need to make travel plans, arrange for time off from work, etc. The fact that most of these bowls take place up to a week AFTER the holidays is ridiculous.
I think the cut-off date to reserve tickets should be before the SECCG. They know how many tickets they have to sell, how many people qualify, etc. Day after SECCG we should know one way or the other.
Guess I shouldnt complain. I got two in 2009 with around 150 TT points back then. But .... the shipped them to the wrong address!!! Never, ever a seamless process.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
I am frustrated that so many people are getting the tickets just to sell them .. I think if you got them last year and did not actually go to the game, your right should be forfeited :).
I get that people want to make money .. but the scalping has just gotten out of control! Why don't we all just try to help each other out here!!!
With all due respect, I don't agree with this.
However outrageous ticket prices are and have been, tickets are worth what people are willing to pay for them.
One thing a lot of people don't understand is exactly how much tickets cost - it's not just a face value, thing.
Heck, even face-value alone, tickets are what $300 apiece? (I don't know because I don't have tickets to this year's game)... Then, people had to go on to the Orange Bowl's Website and bid on reservations just to get tix at face. When the reservations first started long before the season kicked off, a pair of decent seats for Bama making the game would have run between 1,000-2,000. And that's quite the gamble for someone to take seeing's how if Bama didn't make the BCS championship game, their invested money would be totally lost.

CmdrThor

1st Team
Oct 29, 2008
Marietta, GA
With all due respect, I don't agree with this.
However outrageous ticket prices are and have been, tickets are worth what people are willing to pay for them.
One thing a lot of people don't understand is exactly how much tickets cost - it's not just a face value, thing.
Heck, even face-value alone, tickets are what $300 apiece? (I don't know because I don't have tickets to this year's game)... Then, people had to go on to the Orange Bowl's Website and bid on reservations just to get tix at face. When the reservations first started long before the season kicked off, a pair of decent seats for Bama making the game would have run between 1,000-2,000. And that's quite the gamble for someone to take seeing's how if Bama didn't make the BCS championship game, their invested money would be totally lost.
Yea, you can either be mad about it, or just accept the reality and do what you need to do to get tickets. Although the school does penalize students for not going to games by making them ineligible for postseason tickets and tickets the next year, you will never see this kind of action against Tide Pride members reselling tickets. The University has StubHub as a major sponsor and StubHub is the "Official Fan to Fan Ticket Marketplace of Alabama Athletics". So not only are they not going to prohibit you from selling your ticket, they are going to encourage you to sell it through the ticket broker that gives them a lot of money to advertise with the University. Once someone gets a ticket, it is theirs to do what they wish with it.

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
I know all to well the cost of tickets .. trust me .. I get the donations, etc...
I also don't expect people to sell them at face value .. but I am just saying they are getting out of control. That's it.
Just hate that the loyal fans like myself and so many others that go to all the games (and my husband and I drive from Cincinnati each week for the last 18 years) cannot just get 2 tickets. Because I don't own a business and can write some huge check i cannot get that type of points. I have almost 400 points .. but I can never catch up. Each year they get higher and higher ... it is like a dog chasing its tail.
I am not faulting the university for rewarding those who give that kind of money to the university .. I applaud those that can do that type of thing. But as an alumni and an 18 year Tide Pride member, just asking for 2 nose bleed seats :).

Please don't take this as trying to be argumentative ... so not meant to be in that manner. Just venting this morning!

However, RTR!!!!

bama70

3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama
With all of the problems being pointed out concerning notification, travel arrangements, etc., just wait until the playoff system starts. A combination of semi-final games and then a championship game will certainly eliminate most of the working fan base.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
I know all to well the cost of tickets .. trust me .. I get the donations, etc...
I also don't expect people to sell them at face value .. but I am just saying they are getting out of control. That's it.
Just hate that the loyal fans like myself and so many others that go to all the games (and my husband and I drive from Cincinnati each week for the last 18 years) cannot just get 2 tickets. Because I don't own a business and can write some huge check i cannot get that type of points. I have almost 400 points .. but I can never catch up. Each year they get higher and higher ... it is like a dog chasing its tail.
I am not faulting the university for rewarding those who give that kind of money to the university .. I applaud those that can do that type of thing. But as an alumni and an 18 year Tide Pride member, just asking for 2 nose bleed seats :).

Please don't take this as trying to be argumentative ... so not meant to be in that manner. Just venting this morning!

However, RTR!!!!

I certainly understand your frustration. I was fortunate to go to Pasadena and New Orleans the past few years.
I had reserved seats on the Rose Bowl website for the '09 game. Even with the reservations, even when it was all said and done, I probably paid $1200 for two seats. I paid considerably more last year for the game in New Orleans - but I knew with the proximity of the two schools I was going to have to pay a premium and I did on the secondary market.
This year, I just won't be able to make it --- unless a miracle happens (and believe me, I'm holding out all hope)... but with ND and 'Bama making it this year, tickets are going to be as high as they were last year.
It sucks, but I'm glad Alabama is playing for national championships again. I just never thought they'd be playing for the third one in four years.
At this rate, I'm going to have to take out a second mortgage just to afford tickets to games.
RTR

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
I was fortunate enough to get tickets to Pasadena, paid a fortune for 2 great tickets last year in New Orleans ... just holding out hope that I may can get some through the university! One can dream, right :)

I am with you ... the problem is that we just go to the National Championship so much ... such a horrible problem to have ... yea right! We are a blessed fan base that is for sure!!!!

And .. once the playoff system starts ... oh my .. you are right ... that will get crazy!!

RTR

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

However, RTR!!!!
I would think with 400 you'd be set.

bigwillokc

Dec 4, 2012
I'm one of those people that "bet" on teams at the beginning of the year on the TeamTix website and I ended up with 4 pairs of tickets. I can tell you that it is a "bet" and those are an investment. I ended up paying $1000 each for the Premium Field Level Corner seats that include private restrooms, private entrance, food and beverage, fan zone tickets and a parking pass. I also ended up paying quite a bit for the Sideline Field Level tickets. I was hoping to make some money, yes, but was also hoping to see my team in the game at the beginning of the season. Now I will be selling the tickets because I could have sworn my team would be playing in New Orleans and I booked a trip there, only to be screwed on ALL accounts! Anyway, myself and i'm sure a ton of other people did not guess perfect on the TeamTix and have to make quite a bit off the tickets we did win to cover the losses. For example, TeamTix for USC (preseason #1) at the beginning of the season cost me $350 each, OU $100 each, Oregon $100 each, etc. That being said, I'm going to be cheering for Bama this season again just like I did in New Orleans last year!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.