SEC Media Day

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Anyone keeping up with it? I'm looking for recaps, interviews, etc on here. I'm at work and we're blocked on lot of sites.
Yeah. Nothing earth shattering just yet.

On a personal note, I had completely forgotten that RichRod was their OC. That game could possibly get tricky. I have to see them the first couple weeks first to have a good feel.

Otherwise, everything is pretty tame. Everybody respects everybody. Kirby was up giving life quotes this morning, (“Life doesn’t have a remote control. You have to get up and change it yourself.”), Fromm respects Tua, Kelly Bryant (from yesterday) wasn’t shocked how the Clemson-Bama game went, he went to Mizzou over AU bc Missouri was the first team to contact him.....

Really nothing to write home about. There’s a separate post here on rule tweaks.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

On a personal note, I had completely forgotten that RichRod was their OC. That game could possibly get tricky. I have to see them the first couple weeks first to have a good feel.

Otherwise, everything is pretty tame. Everybody respects everybody. Kirby was up giving life quotes this morning, (“Life doesn’t have a remote control. You have to get up and change it yourself.”), Fromm respects Tua, Kelly Bryant (from yesterday) wasn’t shocked how the Clemson-Bama game went, he went to Mizzou over AU bc Missouri was the first team to contact him.....

Really nothing to write home about. There’s a separate post here on rule tweaks.
Appreciate the quick hit summary of what's going on. As far as Ole Miss, They have a RS freshman QB, Matt Corral. If I'm correct, he is a Pro Style... and I'm curious to see how Rich's offense benefits him with the offense. There is lot of unknown about Ole miss.. They could be real good team, or they could be mediocre team.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Sports guys in Montgomery caught that Bryant mentioned he really wanted to go to Auburn out of high school but didn't. Reason? Jeremy Johnson and Nick Marshall. Hard to think Kelly Bryant and Jeremy Johnson were in the same recruiting class. Seems like JJ has been gone too long for that to be the case.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Sports guys in Montgomery caught that Bryant mentioned he really wanted to go to Auburn out of high school but didn't. Reason? Jeremy Johnson and Nick Marshall. Hard to think Kelly Bryant and Jeremy Johnson were in the same recruiting class. Seems like JJ has been gone too long for that to be the case.
Was kinda weird ... JJ was in the 2013 class ... KB was 2015. I guess he was trying to say he wanted to be in a better position with playing time?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Was kinda weird ... JJ was in the 2013 class ... KB was 2015. I guess he was trying to say he wanted to be in a better position with playing time?
He didn't specify JJ. I made that observation based on his 247 recruiting profile saying he was in the class of 2013. I didn't think that was right. 2015 makes more sense. If he was serious with his statement yesterday, that means Auburn chose Tyler Queen over him. Ouch.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Have we ever had zero seniors representing at media days? Was surprised to see all juniors.
Definitely a first. And it's usually at least one offensive lineman or defensive lineman. But you have the reigning Maxwell Award Winner (Tua), reigning Biletnikoff Award winner (Jeudy), and a 2018 Butkus Award finalist (Moses) in the group that we have going there.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Saban's statement about the transfer portal was pretty lame by his standards. I don't think he was well prepped for that question. "That's how it has always been" ain't good enough.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban's statement about the transfer portal was pretty lame by his standards. I don't think he was well prepped for that question. "That's how it has always been" ain't good enough.
Without knowing what he exactly said, that is right though. It's nothing new. Possible transfers have become more public now. That's the only difference.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
This may have been posted, but here's CNS' press conference at SEC Media Days.

Last edited by a moderator:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
LSU's season is destined to be horrible now...

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1150916549970137088

I am literally laughing out loud about that pic. That reminds me of Anthony Michael Hall in the movie Johnny Be Good. The movie is pretty bad, but it did have a few funny moments, not to mention decent performances from Robert Downey, Jr. and a young Uma Thurman. I guess the song Johnny Be Good also fits- Way down in Louisiana, down in New Orleans, way back up in the woods among the evergreens...

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I agree with him. Players have always been able to transfer if they were willing to sit out a year. The main difference now is that the NCAA seems to be willing to waive the required year in many cases. I'm not sure when the rule about graduate transfers came into play, but players have never been "trapped" by a school. It is a free country. They don't even have to play football if they don't want to play, but they get a really good deal to do so. The media loves the term transfer portal because they can talk about college football even more in the off-season when they know that many of us look for anything to talk about.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I am literally laughing out loud about that pic. That reminds me of Anthony Michael Hall in the movie Johnny Be Good. The movie is pretty bad, but it did have a few funny moments, not to mention decent performances from Robert Downey, Jr. and a young Uma Thurman. I guess the song Johnny Be Good also fits- Way down in Louisiana, down in New Orleans, way back up in the woods among the evergreens...
He does look like Anthony Michael Hall from the movie. And that movie was just god awful.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Saban told Finebaum earlier today in an exchange on the SEC Network that it was the asst. coaches’ individual agendas after the LSU game last season that was mainly to blame for the team’s troubles late in the season. My question is, how does he keep that from happening this season and keep his staff focused on the here and now?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.