Potpourri related to politics...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
We could probably have an entire thread devoted to this single subject but for now I will just make this a single post with video commentary, that IMHO has much relevance to today's world.

Before viewing the video, here are a few of the comments - posted in the video comments section:

• This is just sad coming from a 21 year old. Narcissism is alive and well with those around me.
  • Your so right Bill. These kids dont even know how to enjoy the music too busy on damn phone. INSANE. Whole point of music is to LOSE YOURSELF IN THE MUSIC
  • I’m a 20 year old college student and I couldn’t agree with you more Bill

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
why would anyone under 50 be attending a fleetwood mac concert?

and why would anyone of any age care one whit about what bill o'reilly thinks about anything?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
why would anyone under 50 be attending a fleetwood mac concert?

and why would anyone of any age care one whit about what bill o'reilly thinks about anything?
Here are just two comments from this video - I'm sure there are many "kids" who enjoy good music. Obviously you didn't take that into consideration. :pDT_hah:
I'm 14 years old, I'm from Holland and this is one of my favo bands!! This is a band of all times!! I LOVE them!!

I'm 5 years old and I listen to The Beatles and Pink Floyd!

As for your second question - for that particular Bill O'Reilly video - looks like 38,598 views, 1.7K likes, and 75 dislikes.

:rofl:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Here are just two comments from this video - I'm sure there are many "kids" who enjoy good music. Obviously you didn't take that into consideration. :pDT_hah:

As for your second question - for that particular Bill O'Reilly video - looks like 38,598 views, 1.7K likes, and 75 dislikes.

:rofl:
i am not at all surprised that you are swayed by you tube comments of a 14 and 5 year old.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
here is another old man yelling at clouds video you may like bazza. and this one got over 700k views. i haven't checked, but i bet the comments have a lot of young folks thinking this is awesome.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
here is another old man yelling at clouds video you may like bazza. and this one got over 700k views. i haven't checked, but i bet the comments have a lot of young folks thinking this is awesome.

That's awesome, 92 - but has zero to do with the subject of my video - which was narcissism.......not music.

Bless your heart....:D

Reactions: Moro Creek

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Interesting story that has just surfaced upon the release of the Barbara Bush biography.

How Her 3-Year-Old Daughter's Death Convinced Barbara Bush to Be Pro-Choice: 'The Toughest Issue for Me'

Bush’s opinion on abortion is not new — she made headlines in 1992 for saying it was “personal” — but her “struggle” with abortion and how she arrived at her stance on it is recounted in detail in Susan Page’s biography The Matriarch, which was released earlier this week.
“In all our years of campaigning, abortion was the toughest issue for me,” Bush later wrote in her 1994 memoir.
“Having decided that the first breath is when the soul enters the body, I believe in Federally funded abortion,” Mrs. Bush wrote. “Why should the rich be allowed to afford abortions and the poor not?”

According to Page, Mrs. Bush was not against some possible restrictions on abortion but felt it wasn’t “a Presidential issue.”
“Abortion is personal,” Mrs. Bush wrote, and should be between the mother, father and doctors.
She also wrote that she believed “education is the answer.” Specifically, “I believe that we must give people goals in life for them to work for—Teach them the price you must pay for being promiscuous.”
So much wisdom......

Robin Bush (1949 - 1953) was the daughter of former President George H W Bush and his wife Barbara. She died of Leukemia at the age of three.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
After two terms under Rahm Emanuel.....former federal prosecutor Lori Lightfoot was elected Chicago mayor on Tuesday, becoming the first black woman and first openly gay person to lead the nation’s third-largest city.

And backing up a bit this, when she ended up in a runoff:

She certainly will have her hands full when she takes office on May1. Good luck Mayor...we are all truly pulling for you to get those rats under control! ;)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
After two terms under Rahm Emanuel.....former federal prosecutor Lori Lightfoot was elected Chicago mayor on Tuesday, becoming the first black woman and first openly gay person to lead the nation’s third-largest city.

And backing up a bit this, when she ended up in a runoff:

She certainly will have her hands full when she takes office on May1. Good luck Mayor...we are all truly pulling for you to get those rats under control! ;)
She'll need every good wish she can get. I'm not sure that city's governable...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

WE REMEMBER: 24 years since the Oklahoma City bombing

On April 19, 1995, the city at the heart of the Sooner state was forever changed when a massive explosion tore through the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building. A third of the structure nearly immediately collapsed, leaving 168 people dead and a city in a state of shock and grief.

On this 24th anniversary of the terror attack, the city will gather to remember not only those who were lost, but the people who unconditionally rushed in to help as well.
The 24th Anniversary Remembrance Ceremony at the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum will feature readings from Senator James Lankford, Governor Kevin Stitt, and OKC Mayor David Holt. Danny Gokey will also sing the National Anthem.
Survivors and family members will read the names of all 168 people killed in the terror attack. A rose will also be placed on each chair marking the victims.
At 9:02 a.m., the city will observe 168 seconds of silence.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/https://twitter.com/OU_Athletics/status/1119239477048819713/photo/1

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
My wife and I visited the Oklahoma City Memorial several years ago. If memory serves, it was before 9/11. It’s a very sobering experience. There is a chair for each person killed. There are half sized chairs for the children. I struggled to hold it together.
I would have been a mess - I get very emotional during memorials. Thanks for sharing with us, Go Bama.

===========
FDR’s Oval Office desk as it looked when he died April 12, 1945.......

Those books are:

1) The World Almanac and Book of Facts for 1945
2) Thesaurus of English Words and Phrases 1872
3) Official Congressional Directory 79th Congress 1st Session February 1945
4) Register of Commissioned and Warrant Officers of the United States Navy and Marine Corps, July 1, 1942
5) Sol Bloom, The Story of the Constitution
6) Peter Mark Roget, Thesaurus of English Words and Phrases
7) Senate Manual Containing the Standing Rules and Orders of the United States Senate

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

Monica Lewinsky-Produced 'Impeachment' Set as Next 'American Crime Story' at FX

Nearly a year and a half after season two of FX's Emmy-winning American Crime Story ended, the future of the Ryan Murphy-produced anthology is coming back into focus.

On Tuesday, FX used its time at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour to announce that season three will focus on the saga of the Clinton presidency scandal with Monica Lewinsky on board to produce.
Production is set to begin in February, and the series is scheduled to premiere Sunday, Sept. 27, 2020, at 10 p.m. ET on FX.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Happy 95th Birthday, former President Jimmy Carter!

The 39th president survived a dire cancer diagnosis in 2015 and surpassed George H.W. Bush as the longest-lived U.S. president in history this spring. He’s had some trouble walking after a hip replacement in May, but still teaches Sunday School in Plains, and with his wife of 73 years, Rosalynn, now 92, still plans an upcoming trip to help build houses with Habitat for Humanity in Nashville, Tennessee.

In his latest appearances at the Carter Center and in a town hall at Emory University, Carter blasted money in politics, urged action to combat the climate crisis, and celebrated the Carter Center’s work on public health, election monitoring and conflict resolution. But he said the center can do more to constructively criticize U.S. military engagements. The Carter Center has “never voiced an opinion publicly” on individual wars, he said with some regret, adding: “This is primarily my fault.”
“The United States is very deeply inclined to go to war,” Carter said, partly to “implant American policies” in other countries, and partly to “make a hero” out of wartime commanders in chief. This has significant economic consequences, he said: China has “been at peace” since he normalized relations with Beijing in 1979, and while the U.S. has spent trillions on military conflict, China has invested similar amounts in high-speed rail, new college campuses and other infrastructure.
Carter talks with the realism of a nonagenarian, born in 1924 when the world population was quarter of what it is today and life expectancy for American males was 58 years. Saying he plans to start spending more time with his extended family, he told the Carter Center audience that “this may be our last conversation with you ... we may or may not have one next year.”

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.