Lets not waste time, MISS ST how bad will we beat them?

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
With any opponent that is somewhat competitive with Bama, the answer to your question depends on the officiating crew. MSU will be somewhat competitive. I'm guessing Bama covers the spread.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
With any opponent that is somewhat competitive with Bama, the answer to your question depends on the officiating crew. MSU will be somewhat competitive. I'm guessing Bama covers the spread.
If I was a bettor then I would stay the hell away from this game. MSU loves to eat the clock and we might see more punts this week than we did vs LSU.

On the flip side you can’t feel great about your chances with a 3 play offense either.

RTR_UA#1

All-SEC
Jun 16, 2008
Meridian, MS
I work in a TOTAL MSU atmosphere here. It would have been hell from them this morning if lswho would have won. The TIDE will ROLL.... I just HOPE it will be a lot bigger than we rolled over lswho. I want to see us score over 40 on state.
I also would like to see our D put up another goose egg on state.

ROLL TIDE!!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Good analysis. Their DL is very good and very deep - much better than LSU's. It is the best Bama will play until possibly Michigan and/or Clemson. As you imply their secondary is not nearly equal to LSU's. They held LSU to 239 yds of total offense. Their 4 ints killed them.
That’s where the Tide makes hay - against that offense. Short fields, NOT’s...only thing that worries me is a letdown from last week. This isn’t a good time for that.
I also think MSU’s D will be facing the best offensive line they’ve seen all year - by far. Barring them being really flat, I think Bama covers and MSU won’t score more than two fg’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Getting kinda tired of the media saying that we haven't faced a good D all year like LSU or upcoming MS St. Hello... our guys go up against one of the best D's in college football every time they go to practice.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Good analysis. Their DL is very good and very deep - much better than LSU's. It is the best Bama will play until possibly Michigan and/or Clemson. As you imply their secondary is not nearly equal to LSU's. They held LSU to 239 yds of total offense. Their 4 ints killed them.
The bolded...is that really brag worthy considering how bad their offense really is?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The bolded...is that really brag worthy considering how bad their offense really is?
Alabama held them to 196, so I would have to say YES, holding them to 236 is pretty impressive. That is, unless you think that what Alabama did really wasn't that impressive.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I know everyone thinks this game will be close because of our reputation of playing sloppy against MSU in recent years.... But this year is different. MSU does not have Mullin... Prescott, etc. Fitzgerald is struggling this season. I expect the guys to take care of business before half time and great opportunity for 2nd unit to play more in second half... It will not be a blowout, but this is the game for our defense to focus on, because we will stress the turnover... we want interceptions, fumbles, etc. There won't be any emotional letdown this week. We took care of our business against LSU, and we are pretty much relative healthy compared to last two years.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
2008: Bama 32 MSU 7
2009: Bama 31 MSU 3
2010: Bama 30 MSU 10
2011: Bama 24 MSU 7
2012: Bama 38 MSU 7
2013: Bama 20 MSU 7
2014: Bama 25 MSU 20
2015: Bama 31 MSU 6
2016: Bama 51 MSU 3
2017: Bama 31 MSU 24

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I know everyone thinks this game will be close because of our reputation of playing sloppy against MSU in recent years.... But this year is different. MSU does not have Mullin... Prescott, etc. Fitzgerald is struggling this season. I expect the guys to take care of business before half time and great opportunity for 2nd unit to play more in second half... It will not be a blowout, but this is the game for our defense to focus on, because we will stress the turnover... we want interceptions, fumbles, etc. There won't be any emotional letdown this week. We took care of our business against LSU, and we are pretty much relative healthy compared to last two years.
It’s usually when the game is in cowbell land that we struggle not in Tuscaloosa. The only thing that worries me that we might not get a video game score is that MSU eats the ball.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
It’s usually when the game is in cowbell land that we struggle not in Tuscaloosa. The only thing that worries me that we might not get a video game score is that MSU eats the ball.
State milked the clock last year and controlled the LOS. Can't allow that to happen this time around.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Bama is averaging 49.7 PPG in SEC play, MSU is averaging 13.4 (dead last in the conference).

Bama is averaging 53.0 PPG at home, MSU is averaging 13.7 on the road.

Nick Fitzgerald on the road this year: 42% completion, 4.3 yards per attempt, 2 TDs, 6 INTs, 119 Yards per game.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.