How Are Ruggs and Najee?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I know initial reports are good on their injuries, but are there any recent updates on them? Will they miss any time?

Last edited by a moderator:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Are how Ruggs and Najee?

I know initial reports are good on their injuries, but are there any recent updates on them? Will they miss any time?
Saban said today that he hopes to have them back in practice by Wednesday.

“Jerry played a really good game and played a lot of plays in the game because of the situation with the other guys,” Saban said Monday. “But Smitty was able to play some in the game. Hopefully, we’ll be able to build on that and he’ll be able to play a little bit more. We think Ruggs will be fine. We’ll probably keep him out of practice today but expect him to be back practicing tomorrow. So, hopefully, we can get that group a little more healthy as we go here.

“It’s going to be important for us, especially in games like this.”

“I thought Najee played well,” Saban said. “He had a couple of really good runs and was very physical and fast and played well. He does have an ankle sprain. We’re hopeful that by Tuesday or Wednesday he’ll be able to come back and do some work, but right now, he’s day-to-day.”
Safe to say we dodged a bullet. We still have very, VERY capable receivers and backs.

Yes, we have dodged a few bullets. The only thing that might derail this team is injuries. So long as the team is healthy, no one stops Bama.
As long as we are managing it we are good. We have a lot of Gino’s guys right now. We see when healthy what they can do. We may not see this team at 100% until the Playoff.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

After what we accomplished last year with all the injuries in the LB and others, anything is possible with this team.

10Bama54

1st Team
Sep 16, 2006

I was watching the replay today and on the play where Najee got hurt, it looked like his ankle was twisted. Guess who the tackler was? Devin White. Did anyone else notice that?

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

I was watching the replay today and on the play where Najee got hurt, it looked like his ankle was twisted. Guess who the tackler was? Devin White. Did anyone else notice that?
I wondered about that but never saw a replay. I knew it was White that got plowed by him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

While we are on subject.... this is interesting.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I think Coach wouldn’t put a kid at risk (I hope). Especially after the whole Maryland fiasco. I think that Coach doesn’t tip his hand to the other team. State has to plan for Tua, Jalen and Jones. That’s likely part of the reasoning.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA

I didn't see it at first, as the way Nagee went down I thought it was a facemask. (still may have been a little facemask involved). I didn't notice until seeing a replay that the LSU player came out of the pile with a weird kind of motion. That's when I thought was that an intentional ankle twist?

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

The SEC office and LSU both should be ashamed of what happened before and after the game.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I think Coach wouldn’t put a kid at risk (I hope). Especially after the whole Maryland fiasco. I think that Coach doesn’t tip his hand to the other team. State has to plan for Tua, Jalen and Jones. That’s likely part of the reasoning.
This is exactly what's going on - and why we saw Jones when Tua had to sit one play.

I'm not sure if Jones can lead the team to victory over our better opponents (not doubting his talent, but I've seen very little of him in real game action), so at this point we need to let Hurts heal and hope Tua stays healthy.

Assuming Bama makes the CFP, that month off will be very beneficial.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.